The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Changes to PvP coming soon...

• Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    LadyChaos wrote: »
    Cydone wrote: »

3) More XP from killing players:
    ZOS_BrianWheeler:
    "For the first patch we're doubling the amount of XP that players are worth. We will be watching this data closely to see if another increase is necessary."

Still remains that 2 times zero = 0

prolly be funny if the value were actually 0... this joke gets old

It's so low, the xp gained from killing a player, that it might as well be zero. Still, even doubling the amount of xp STILL makes it so pvp isn't a viable option to level your character. Unless you're ok with hitting VR10 this time next year.

I wet from vr1 to vr2 exclusively in PvP in 1 week. Half of that being 3.5 days for vr1-vr2... not unrealistic. In a zone that costs nothing to play in it.

You asked for increased, they doubled it and said more tweaking as necessary, and the response is a snide well it's still nothing comment. Never happy...
    First you say you went from VR1 to 2, exclusively in PvP, in ONE week. Then say and I quote "Half of that being 3.5 days for vr1-vr2". Lolwut?? Which one is it?? A week or 3.5 days??

seriously... math at factor x2 is that elusive?

If it takes a week now (by my example), when you double the xp it takes half the time = 3.5 days.

If I wasn't clear enough in showing my math on how x2 works, fine but man you are just so negative and always looking for a fight it is counterproductive to getting to the bottom of whatever issue is at discussion.

It doesn't matter if v2 is the easiest jump, it doesn't matter how fast it is vs PvE... the point was they doubled it, then said they will continue to tweak it to balance as needed and you made the played out snarky joke of "2x0=0..." when a. it's not 0, and b. they said they would adjust as needed, and c. that joke is lame and wasn't funny the first time someone parroted it it Cyrodiil, it's not clever or funny now.

You got what you asked for... it is boggling there is even a discussion about this, except to point out you get what you ask for and still complain "unfair" even before it's implemented. It kills credibility on the important things that need immediate attention when they give you what you want and you trash it... hence "never happy".
    I do not just mean this specifically to the quoted, I mean this to all the "give me what I want, NOW" players, then when they do give you the next line "that wasn't enough. I will protest till I get everything on my timescale". MMO, more than just 1 type of players needs involved.
    Thing is, WE didn't get what WE asked for. The xp gained right now for killing a player is less than I was getting for killing NPC's pre-VR. Now that they are doubling it, you think that this is a good compromise, because they doubled it. What I, and MANY others, were asking for was a viable way to level our characters that was at or damn close to the same pace as PvE. They didn't do that. They put some "tussin" on a broken leg and patched it with a band-aid. Then they say they will continue to monitor it and adjust "as needed". Which in MMO Dev speak means,"We threw you a little bit of slop piggies, now stuff your face and stfu so we can completely ignore pvp for another month because you're second class citizens compared to the godly pve crowd."

I really hope that you and the ppl like you that actually pvp, enjoy your empty campaigns. SOOOOOOOOO many ppl have quit this game already and it has a LOT to do with the current progression system that's in place for the PvE side. Just look at Reddit or Youtube. It's all out there. This is why ppl are asking for a different method of leveling their characters.....so naturally they come here, and see that it's utterly devoid of any content that's even remotely rewarding.

I HAD planned on leveling my character solely through PvP, until they nerfed the repeatable quest that gave halfway decent XP. I could care less about the AP, cause the XP actually scaled to your level. You weren't getting the same XP as a lvl 30 that a VR4 would be getting for the same mission. This should have NEVER been nerfed, especially considering basically the same thing is done via PvE with AoE grinding.
    Edited by Cydone on May 2, 2014 2:56PM
    Options
  • AZSharksFan
    AZSharksFan
    ✭✭
    Bramir wrote: »
    I'm happy to see the devs are trying to fix the problem. I'm not so sure many people rage quit the game because of OP vamps...I think a lot (like myself) just decided they weren't going to worry much about pvp until it started getting fixed.

Maybe as punishment for exploiting this, they can make certain vampires sparkle...

I'm still laughing.. just thinking of all the rainbow brite trails as the vamp zerg rushes my keep!

Options
  • Maejohl
    Maejohl
    So the devs are using Reddit to communicate with us rather than these already *** forums.

Got it.

Will keep an eye out there instead of here in future.

And thanks for posting this information here - it's a shame that ESO seems incapable of proper communication at the moment. They are currently as bad as Aventurine used to be.
    Options
  • davidetombab16_ESO
    davidetombab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    this is not enough, 8/10 people in raid with the set of the worm cult reduce the cost of the magicka ability to 0. The game was programmed by amateurs.
    *** is ***, you can t change it
    Edited by davidetombab16_ESO on May 3, 2014 10:56AM
    Options
  • chrisub17_ESO104
    chrisub17_ESO104
    ✭✭✭
    Vamp will still be good because the ultimate reductions are still pretty strong. Mist form is now a get out of jail free card instead of a spammable immunity. The ultimate is still very good situationally simply because of the healing.

Health regen is not a huge deal, neither is the fire damage. Health is the one attribute in game that can be easily replenished via healing. And fire resist is easy to come by, and you don't even need that much.

Anyone who is upset over these changes is just being selfish. It's been breaking pvp for everyone else now for weeks, if it was completely removed, it would be better then what it is now for the majority of us.
    Options
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    For all those who hope that patch 1.1 will solve the problem with bat swarm: It won't! Bat swarm will not be touched.

They will change the speed buff of Elusive Mist, they will change the reduction of magicka cost (not ultimate cost!) and that's all! The bat swarm will do the same damage, it will hit the same number of players, it still can be spamed infinitely and you still can be hit by more than one bat swarm at a time. So nothing will change!

Why do half of the folks here not understand that and are so happy about the changes? Can't you understand what you're reading? They nerfed the vampires - yes - but in the wrong way.
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

Options
  • Viking
    Viking
    ^ you understand how the AoE-Cap works right?
    Options
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    Viking wrote: »
    ^ you understand how the AoE-Cap works right?
    AoE cap changes exactly what? Nothing! Clouding Swarm still costs nearly none ultimate and can be spamed infinetely. AoE cap was changed with 1.0.6 patch and still vampires killing hundreds of players without being killed themselves. So please tell me: What did AoE cap change?

Zenimax is making changes to the wrong parameters and wrong abilities! The problem is the extreme reduce in ultimate cost so that Clouding Swarm can be used without end. The next problem is the invisibility Clouding Swarm gives to its user. But Zenimax instead changes the Elusive Mist which is really no problem and the cost reduce for magicka based abilities. This is a bit like your house is on fire and you trying to kill the fire with a garden hose and not calling the fire department.
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

Options
  • Neferath
    Neferath
    ✭✭✭
    ... This is a bit like your house is on fire and you trying to kill the fire with a garden hose and not calling the fire department.

/sign
    Options
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they'll get it figured out sooner or later, I just hope they don't bleed too many players while screwing around with 'which bandaid fits best.'
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
    Options
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kolache wrote: »
    I think they'll get it figured out sooner or later, I just hope they don't bleed too many players while screwing around with 'which bandaid fits best.'

By then this game be over and done with. Very hard to get players to come back if your not WoW...
    Indeed it is so...
    Options