Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

War Shaman (Resto/Destro Staff Templar Healer)

Azzuria
Azzuria
✭✭✭✭✭
Running an Orc Templar in Light and Heavy Armor armed with Destro and Resto staves. She's 16 now so can swap between them as needed.

Any suggestions as to a viable healer build?
Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Grrr! And here I was keeping that build off of the forum to hopefully keep it a secret. :smile:

I'll edit later and post what I'm thinking of doing.

Question though: Why are you going with orc? Just curious.
    "QUIT CRYIN'! Do some pushups or something!"

Grayfield - V2 Breton Nightblade
    Windspike - 40 Bosmer Sorceror
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not Orc?

*narrows eyes*... you got a prollum with Orsimer, buddy?
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, but with a pure magic build, I was just wondering.

This is what I'm thinking of building... kinda quickly made, but looks alright I think. Might reconsider the stat points later.

Shaman

• steven.flemingub17_ESO
    I’m also running this type of Templar build. I’m level 31 at the moment. Destruction\Restoration staves, mix of heavy and light armor. I've found it to be pretty decent so far.

Just wondering if you could post your build so we can compare? I've switched slotted skills around during the last couple levels. At one point I was focused almost totally on AOE spam damage spells, but I've since settled on more splash damage type spells since I was burning through majicka too fast. Here’s what I’m currently running:

Armor:
    4 heavy pieces (shoulders, legs, feet and arms), 3 light pieces (head, robe, belt),

I personally like having a robe on body and the heavy on shoulders\arms\feet as it makes me look like a war priest, but that’s just my personal style. Obviously this is not optimal in terms of min\maxing armor slots. If I were going for that I would swap chest for heavy and shoulders or arms for light, but that looks kinda silly to me, and I’m all about the look :)

I tried running with more light and less heavy pieces, but that seemed to make me too squishy. Going any less than 3 in light makes my majicka regen too slow. So in the end 4 heavy 3 light seemed a good balance for me. At full depletion of majicka it takes me about 20 seconds to regen back to full out of combat, which is not awesome but not sucky either. I noticed with full light armor on my regen time was only cut by maybe 1.7-2 seconds (and that’s with all the light armor passives taken), so not really worth it to sacrifice the heavy pieces that really help with damage mitigation and provide health regen passives for only 2 seconds of majicka regen.

Desto staff slotted skills:
    Sun Fire (hit multiple morph)
    Wall of Elements (bigger size\duration morph)
    Puncturing Strikes (bigger cone morph)
    Silver Bolts (hit multiple morph)
    Restoring Aura (morphed for instant)
    Nova

Single Target Rotation:
    I usually start with Sun Fire to apply damage and dot, drop an Elemental Wall so they have another dot, hit Puncturing Strikes to stun them and fire Silver Bolt to consume some stamina (also knocks them down if daedra or undead), and finish off with basic staff attacks if the mob is still alive. Immediately after the mob dies I hit Restoring aura to consume their corpse and bring my health and stamina back to full. Depending on how fast they died my downtime before full majicka regen and next pull is around 5-6 seconds. My level 34 Nightblade built primarily for stamina usage, minimal majicka and raw bow attacks has a downtime of only 3-4 seconds, so it's a tad longer. But my survivability is much greater on my Templar than my Nightblade especially vrs multiple mobs.

Multi Target Rotation:
    Basically almost the same as single target: I start with Sun Fire on primary to apply damage and dot and do splash damage. Drop Elemental Wall to apply dots on mobs charging in, use Puncturing Strikes to stun closest, and fire Silvery Bolt to apply direct damage to primary and hit others for half damage. Then alternate between Puncturing Strike and Silvery Bolt to optimize majicka and stamina drain. If any targets die after I always spam Restoring Aura to bring heath and stamina back and allow me to keep using Silvery Bolt. Obviously at the end of multi fights the downtime is a bit longer for majicka regen.

I’ve found using the above rotations work pretty well. Since I morphed Restoring Aura to be instant, it requires corpses nearby to spam, but it seems there is almost always a corpse nearby. The only time the RA instant is problematic is when dealing with a single boss that does not spawn adds. In such cases I usually switch back and forth more between Resto and Destruction.

Resto staff slotted skills:
    Puncturing Strikes
    Silvery Bolt
    Grand Healing (morphed for longer duration)
    Restoration Aura
    Healing Ritual (morphed for self-healing +50%)
    Nova

First off, I usually only switch to Restoration staff when I am either in an “OH S*** I'M GOING TO DIE!” or a “Let me help you out there bro!” situation. I'm almost always in Destro staff mode. Because of that I don’t really have a well defined single or multi target rotation. I slot a little bit of dps, but it's mainly healing and survival. One interesting thing I have noticed however is that Resto staff can sometimes do better against certain bosses than Destro staff, particularly when attrition instead of burst dps is needed.

Anyway, would love to hear different ideas\thoughts.
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Posted my intended build in the spot above yours.

If I were you, I'd take Elemental Blockade (Wall of Elements) out of my single target rotation. With only one target, it's not magicka-efficient at all. Secondly, if you're not going to heal for groups, Grand Healing may have been the wrong pick. If you are going to group heal, it's great, but I'd definitely recommend the opposite morph. All else is fine I think if it works for you.

• Monkeyshoeslive
    Monkeyshoeslive
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there, was wondering how this has worked out for you. Seems like a pretty cool build