The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP really needs more balancing - in Load & Combat

Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO
Forgive me if this sounds like a rant or complaint.
I admit, I am not a pro in matters of PvP and I guess I also do not have the right and perfect keyboard and whatever for that...

I know dying in PvP is normal, and I am not complaining about that. But as PvP is right now - it is terribly unbalanced and it makes it very demotivating.

1) Too much latency, too much lagg, too unresponsive when one presses a key

2) Very often spells have absolutely no effect at all - no matter if it is a dmg or support spell.

3) Every time someone joins/leaves a PvP group, the game freezes or becomes terribly choppy.

4) 5 Quickslots are simply too few, at least if one is a mage/support...(that is my view, dunno what others think)

5) weapon swapping is far too slow in PvP - very often when I press the key for weapon swapping nothing happens or if it happens - with extreme delay and then when I do not need it anymore.

6) Zoning/using doors or transit porters do not work properly. You can click yourself dumb on them until something happens. Very often I have to go upstairs and jump out of the castle just to get outside... O_o

7) You see no spell effects on yourself - neither the good nor the negative ones

8 ) uncomfortable target system

Then I noticed something I consider really and truly weird and I have no explanation for that.

When I launch crystal shard at an enemy force - besides having him on his ass he takes absolutely no dmg at all.
Very often, and by that I really mean very often - my dmg spells do not even tickle the health bar on another enemy player. And no, there was no healer around when I launched spells at the enemy.

I can spit all my mana at the enemy player, but that is rather pointless... no dmg - no matter what dmg spell I use.

But when they launch only one spell at me, I am either instantly dead or close to death.
I have high magic resistance, I have a good armor rate, a good regen rate and also not little HP... I also have relatively good self crafted gear with mundus stone effects, resist towards crits and so on...

My dmg spells are maxed, Upgraded and whatnot... I use effects on my weapons that enhance dmg... I am wearing a weapon enhancing amulet.
All pointless from my perspective.

Could please someone explain to me - why my spells do no dmg, but one hit from other player spells kill me often instantly.

I never experience any of those things during PvE... those things only happen in the PvP zone - even when doing PvE there.

Is Spell Resist even good for anything?
Or is that just a pretty number on the screen with no real "use"?

EDIT: Added Point 7 and 8
Edited by Rhian-Skybladeb16_ESO on April 30, 2014 11:17PM