The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is this bug unique? Can it be fixed?

Jolt
Jolt
So almost 55 hours now I can’t play my main character, I’m not getting any feedback from ESO ticket support other than a vague “will get someone to look in to it” so maybe someone else can help?

So, um, whats the problem?

My main character can’t do anything – it can’t sprint, it can’t mount it’s horse, it can’t take any action like light/heavy attack or use any skill. It can’t change weapons using the bound key and it also can’t change weapons if I bring up the “I” inventory and click on the switch icon there either. Virtually anything like that will just initiate that “dunk” error sound – but no error is shown in the top right.

So what can your main character do?

Walk around, use a wayshrine, travel to other players, get killed (a lot!), jump, gather mats from the ground, talk to bank and interact with NPCs etc.

What class/level is your char?

Dragonknight, vamp, VR2.

Wait, is this only effecting your main? What about alt chars?

They are fine. I only have alts for a crafting “buddy” and bag storage.

Right so when did this all happen?

53 hours ago. I was harvesting mats at the time, last thing I did that worked as far as I can recall was feed off some human mob crouched behind a rock. The feed animation went on for a long time then I crashed out with a “too much spam” error.

So have you tried all the usual things to fix this?

Yes. I’ve tried /reloadui and /camp, logging out for 15 minutes, rebooting, repairing game etc so often I have RSI. I’ve also dropped all my quests, zoned 100s of times, changed my mouse, changed my keyboard, made ritual sacrifice to the gods of MMOs. Crucially I also had a friend login from their PC at home and they had exactly the same issues with my main character (although they aren’t having any issues with their own account, so I don’t believe it is client side problem). Finally, in sheer desperation I reset all my skillpoints.

Right, so what happened when you reset all your skillpoints?

Everything started working again! I could attack, mount my horse, sprint – it was great! I excitedly chose all my skills again. And then I zoned from Glenumbra to Auridon and everything broke again.

Have you thought of resetting your skillpoints again?

Well it cost 13,100 gold, which left me with just under 200 gold. So it is unlikely that I will be resetting points again soon.

What do you expect this post to achieve?

I don’t know… maybe someone else has had this issue before, maybe I just need to vent or maybe someone passing by from Zenimax might decide to take pity on Incident: 140428-025124

• GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried disabling addons?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that you're still stuck in "feeding" mode on the server since it bugged out while you were doing that.

Did you try to get cured of your feeding habit? That might reset the server side ...
    ;-)
  • Jolt
    Jolt
    I removed all my addons right at the start, didn't make any difference but I still have them removed entirely. A couple of people have suggested curing myself of vampire but honestly it was such a pain to get in the first place - I'd try anything else before that.
  • Jolt
    Jolt
    As some people have suggested I cure myself of vamp I just tried that, sadly made no difference.
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    It almost sounds like the client is trying to do something else that is preventing these actions. Actions will have different priorities like you can start a harvest mid swing but cannot start a swing mid harvest for example. Other characters not experiencing the same issue does not rule out the client especially if they dont have the same skills levels zones etc.

If this was me I would restore a previous version of the client then update and try that. Kind of doubt you have the previous versions backed up like me.

Alternatively if you have a relative that plays you could see if logging in there has the same effect. I am betting not but either way would show if the issue is with client or character data definitively.

You could try repair but honestly I never trust those which is why I keep previous versions. This is not my first BBQ.

If you still cannot figure anything out AND you do not have another TRUSTED client to try. I would suggest reinstalling grom scratch over night. Not the best option so save that for last.

Anyone who told you it was vampirism has about as much technical experience as the salami sandwich I had for lunch.
    Edited by Daverios on April 30, 2014 11:58PM
  • Bangstin
    Bangstin
    ✭✭✭
    Very strange. Maybe you could try porting to Cyrodiil and back. That has fixed some issues in the past for some people. Worth a shot.
  • Jolt
    Jolt
    Daverios wrote: »
    Alternatively if you have a relative that plays you could see if logging in there has the same effect. I am betting not but either way would show if the issue is with client or character data definitively.

Already had a friend log in as me on their machine, they had the same problems. They have no issues on their own account. I'm no expert that doesn't say "client side issue" to me.

It is so frustrating, all I want to do is play the game.