Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Question

Vanchatron
Vanchatron
✭✭

I currently have Clothing invested in, skill point wise. I’m looking to level another crafting profession although I’m not sure which.

I play as a Nightblade, wearing Medium armour. I dual wield & use a bow as my secondary weapon.

I was trying to decide between Blacksmithing and Enchanting. With Blacksmithing I could make my own weapons, although I wouldn’t benefit at all from the Heavy Armour as I don’t use it. With Enchanting I could improve my weapons/armour.

What would you guys suggest is better for me? Can you properly enchant your gear if you don’t invest in Enchanting? Would it be useless to level up Blacksmithing seeing as I’d only get use of the weapons, and not the armour?

Thanks guys.
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woodworking makes bows, not blacksmithing, so you'd only be making your DW weapons, if that helps.

Which weapons are more important?
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • Vanchatron
    Vanchatron
    ✭✭
    DW weapons are probably more important for me.
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enchanting in it's current state is awful. It's extremely slow to level, and most of the runes you can make are useless (for jewelry only, and extremely rare to find jewelry you can put enchants on). Far better off just buying a specific rune you want from vendor.

Anyone can add a rune to gear, enchanting profession is solely for creating them.
  • Vanchatron
    Vanchatron
    ✭✭
    Ah I see, thanks Seraseth, I didn't know that.

So would you say Blacksmithing is the better choice?
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enchanting is not useless. The glyphs which are jewelry specific are the most powerful ones, hence the limitation to only 3 possible slots. Jewelry can also be bought at any Mages Guild. IIRC the vendor type is Magus, but whatever it's called every Mages Guild sells jewelry.
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'd go with Blacksmithing. It is pretty fast to level and useful for swords or what ever you are using. I do Clothing, Blacksmithing and Woodwork and am able to keep them all up to my level if I de-construct items. Just run a couple dungeons and you have plenty to de-construct.