The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Motif / Materials Drop Rate Decrease

• elblobbob14_ESO
    elblobbob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I will just give my 2 cents on this. They may have reduced the drop rate, but I read somewhere that they increased the containers that would have drops. I was really bored and tired of grinding my Vet rank (btw.. how do you get to VR12 less than 48 hours after launch?).

Anyway, all I did today for about 3 hours was grind containers in inns/taverns/banks/houses in the VR9 and VR10 zones.

I found 3 Ancient Elf, and 1 Daedric. On top of that, about 50 Daedric hearts ( I think I had 3 sitting in the bank prior to today).

Now it was boring as hell, but after god knows how many hours and not a single motif since i left the starter zone, and I get 4 rares in a day.

Not sure if this proves anything other than if you're willing to grind containers, you'll get the motif's.

Just to be safe, I bought a lottery ticket in case today just happens to be my lucky day.

• Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Jarnhand When you say bots, do you mean alts or are you actually using bots?
  • Namiel
    Namiel
    ✭✭
    And just to tell the end of my story: it's a blessing that tey have lowered the drop rates, cause i never found so many motifs since the "nerf". Really, containers now drops stuff often, and got my primal today. So since the patch, without farming for styles, i looted 5 motifs (1 rare).
    Thanks.
    "Be like water, my friend"
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    @Jarnhand When you say bots, do you mean alts or are you actually using bots?

Vault bots? For me a vault bot/char is a toon that is not used to anything but storage space :smile:

No I do not use bots, I do not run a bot farm hehe