The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Motif / Materials Drop Rate Decrease

• Maarek
    Maarek
    If they removed them from containers, the least they could do is up the drop rate a little on mobs, so you have to go out of your way to get them instead of just relogging...
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Motifs and recipes do not drop from monsters. At least I never saw it happen.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    They do so drop from monsters. The only blue recipes I have gotten came from monsters. Not sure about motifs though.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seanolan wrote: »
    They do so drop from monsters. The only blue recipes I have gotten came from monsters. Not sure about motifs though.

Recipes? yes. Motifs? not once from 1-50.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Maarek
    Maarek
    Yeah, never seen motifs with a mob either, but they could put them there as a random drop to say 1% of the mobs in game have a motif... That's probably still give you a chance every day that you would get a motif... But that was just an example that if the devs wanted to stop the autofarming of containers, add the loot drop to the mobs. I have looted recipes though... Both green and blue.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They were already hard to get. All this is doing it making it next to impossible for non-farmers to get them.

ROFLMAO! :D

Translation: I'm having a hard time making millions off rare motifs.
  • KefkaGestahl
    KefkaGestahl
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »
    ROFLMAO! :D

Translation: I'm having a hard time making millions off rare motifs.
    Nobody made "millions". Certainly not me. But if farmers can't find them, what are the chances that people will come across them in random exploration? Tell me that. Is it still funny?
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO
    Don't know what you are all talking about...

(4hours of farming and those motifs don't end there. There is about another 3 or 4 Ancient Elf motifs that go off the page lol)

4xqkw4cj1e8l.jpg

Also i have made millions from farming motifs. (this isn't my first time being over 1million, i have hit 1million about 4 times now) I will most likely be at 2 million gold by tonight or tomorrow, new record for me.

989dgqukn988.jpg
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on April 30, 2014 10:02PM
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change doesn't matter to me. I very rarely find motifs anyway.
    PC EU
  • KefkaGestahl
    KefkaGestahl
    ✭✭✭
    Found any after the patch?
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO

Everything i just posted was found today.
    Those screenshots were taken today about 5minutes ago (the 1.4million gold screenshot).

The inventory full of motifs was taken about 3hours ago.

Edited by steven_shidiwenb16_ESO on April 30, 2014 9:26PM
  • KefkaGestahl
    KefkaGestahl
    ✭✭✭

Those screenshots were taken today about 5minutes ago (the 1.4million gold screenshot).

Unless you happened to find a place with abnormally high drops, I don't see how that is possible. Everybody I've spoken to is experiencing the same thing. The inn in Reaper's March used to drop Argentum and Deadra Hearts along with motifs, but now people can't even get the materials.
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO

Unless you happened to find a place with abnormally high drops, I don't see how that is possible. Everybody I've spoken to is experiencing the same thing. The inn in Reaper's March used to drop Argentum and Deadra Hearts along with motifs, but now people can't even get the materials.

ZoS have put a temporary fix in, and most people haven't recognized it. So they stick on their auto loot and whenever a container is lootable just grab everything, and then become shocked when moments later... every single container in the entire map becomes empty.

Its because of all of you people running around with your auto loot that the zones become completely empty. You are nerfing yourselves. Which i why i stay in the isolated zones. where barely any players are.

Edited by steven_shidiwenb16_ESO on April 30, 2014 9:34PM
  • KefkaGestahl
    KefkaGestahl
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS have put a temporary fix in, and most people haven't recognized it. So they stick on their auto loot and whenever a container is lootable just grab everything, and then become shocked when moments later... every single container in the entire map becomes empty.

Its because of all of you people running around with your auto loot that the zones become completely empty. You are nerfing yourselves. Which i why i stay in the isolated zones. where barely any players are.
    I've never used auto-loot. I don't understand what you're talking about. Logging in and out still changes the loot in the cabinets, but the loot are things like lockpicks instead of daedric hearts and motifs. What are you doing differently?
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO

I've never used auto-loot. I don't understand what you're talking about. Logging in and out still changes the loot in the cabinets, but the loot are things like lockpicks instead of daedric hearts and motifs. What are you doing differently?

It isn't about what a single player does differently its about what the entire map of players is doing. Me and a few friends have theorized that ZoS has put a temporary fix into the game to hault farmers untill they patch it.

The fix we think is a maximum ammount of farming that can be done within a zone on containers. For example (not exact numbers btw) Lets say they set the maximum lootable containers to a zone at 40,000 lootable containers. Now lets say 2000 people are in that zone running in and out of houses with auto loot on and it only decreases that 40,000 once items have been removed from the container. How long would it take for the farm cap (40k) to be hit and for the map shard (aka map server) to completely lock (making containers empty) everything untill it resets.

Just a side note for you to think about lol. You see people farming / selling motifs in the morning/afternoon. But containers are always empty later in the day.
    Edited by steven_shidiwenb16_ESO on April 30, 2014 9:42PM
  • KefkaGestahl
    KefkaGestahl
    ✭✭✭
    Yet I don't have a problem with empty containers. Containers always have loot for me. It's just junk loot. Which is why I think they nerfed the drop rates as they said they would for Craglorn.
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO
    Ill post a screenshot in a few minutes of me looting a Daedric or ancient elf (whilst its still inside the container)
  • KefkaGestahl
    KefkaGestahl
    ✭✭✭
    Ill post a screenshot in a few minutes of me looting a Daedric or ancient elf (whilst its still inside the container)
    People are farming everywhere. I don't think I've ever seen a single zone where people weren't farming. How do you find these "isolated" zones? Many VR 6-10 zones are ghost towns and I'm still not seeing anything.
  • b101uk
    b101uk
    ✭✭✭
    It must be something like 2.5 weeks since I have found a motif, and I look everywhere, prior to that and besides the ones I have used I also have 20 duplicates in the bank, which were all found before ~2.5 weeks ago, so I can understand why they have toned it down a bit, however I am VR3 so its not as if I am on super busy parts of the map or even times of day.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it were MY game and I saw people mindlessly logging in and out to farm this way, I would reduce the drop rate to ZERO for JUST THAT PERSON for the remainder of the day!

Just saying. No, not because it is against the rules per say, but rather because it is a cheap way to play and generally annoying that anyone would waste their time doing it.

Plus I would make the argument that it is a "gateway" behavior. Think about it. Eventually you will get tired of mindlessly logging in and out to loot a barrel, and at that point you may consider, "might there not be some program that can help me automate this tedium."

You see, how "harmless" farming can escalate so quickly to future botting? ;)
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO
    kk just found 1 this second, taking screenshot. So that was like... 4-7 minutes of running around? Not to mention i found 10+ daedric hearts lol

d71v9ppfk0ac.jpg

If i can find a Daedric motif ON DEMAND for a screenshot within a few minutes. You really think it has been nerfed?
    Edited by steven_shidiwenb16_ESO on April 30, 2014 10:03PM
  • KefkaGestahl
    KefkaGestahl
    ✭✭✭
    You're rich. You've got tons of motifs. Could you at least explain more about these Isolated Zones? Where are you finding these? If not your exact location, then an example of a similar location.
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO
    You're rich. You've got tons of motifs. Could you at least explain more about these Isolated Zones? Where are you finding these? If not your exact location, then an example of a similar location.

All of the other areas are empty when i go to them :S Like Daggerfall castle, Stormhaven inn etc. (I am in Aldmeri dominion) If you are a different faction i don't know what areas yours would be.

• KefkaGestahl
    KefkaGestahl
    ✭✭✭
    All of the other areas are empty when i go to them :S Like Daggerfall castle, Stormhaven inn etc. (I am in Aldmeri dominion) If you are a different faction i don't know what areas yours would be.
    So you're saying it's not zone wide? That if there's nobody in an inn, items can be found in that inn, but if there are other players running around, chances of finding an item are decreased? If that's what you're saying, then that's something I can test for myself.
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO
    So you're saying it's not zone wide? That if there's nobody in an inn, items can be found in that inn, but if there are other players running around, chances of finding an item are decreased? If that's what you're saying, then that's something I can test for myself.

No it is zone wide, i dont think they can change loot for 1 house. That would require each house to be in a seperate server. Example try going to a VR1 map where Barbaric and primal motifs are farmed, everything should be empty. Then go to a common VR6 map where daedrics are farmed. That stuff will be empty too (Most likely). Next move after that xD go to a map people wont ussually go to (to farm a motif), I chose Rivenspire and Bangkoria.
  • KefkaGestahl
    KefkaGestahl
    ✭✭✭
    No it is zone wide, i dont think they can change loot for 1 house. That would require each house to be in a seperate server. Example try going to a VR1 map where Barbaric and primal motifs are farmed, everything should be empty. Then go to a common VR6 map where daedrics are farmed. That stuff will be empty too (Most likely). Next move after that xD go to a map people wont ussually go to (to farm a motif), I chose Rivenspire and Bangkoria.
    I'll try going to the VR 9 zone for my alliance. Or VR 8. I'll see if I have any better luck.
  • ArRashid
    ArRashid
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't they nerfed those drops some two times already?

I used to find many, so I could trade them for the ones I didn't have and got all basic ones on my main fairly soon.

Now I tried the same with my alt, but after over a week I found just ONE motif, and of all the bad luck it was Breton (my alt was breton :s ). I still don't have any rare motifs even though my main is in VR content and I've searched all towns I have access to several dozen times.

And they want to decrease their drop rate once again.. oh well, THANK YOU BOTS I guess.. God, how much better this game could be if people weren't jerks trying to exploit everything to make gold they can't even spend on anything yet..

Then we have exploiters already running with 2+ VR10 full legendary gear characters with more gold than they can spend, and then we have the working class that actually want to play the game instead of exploiting EVERYTHING, which makes them naturally inferior :(
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As usual, knobheads exploit and other get punished.
    I have seen the videos of people logging on and off in Banks and what not and farming and have seen it happen.
    How stupid. You can stand in a few Banks in VR areas and just these "Veterans" log in and spaz around and open the containers.
    I laugh at the crazy prices these books sell for. It is disgusting.
    I am V4 and have opened thousands of containers and have never found one and now it is going to be even harder.
    Do ZoS actually want these exploiters to make more money by making the drops rarer?
    What a joke!
    Edited by BrassRazoo on April 30, 2014 10:29PM
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    kk just found 1 this second, taking screenshot. So that was like... 4-7 minutes of running around? Not to mention i found 10+ daedric hearts lol

d71v9ppfk0ac.jpg

If i can find a Daedric motif ON DEMAND for a screenshot within a few minutes. You really think it has been nerfed?
    If you have so much luck feel free to pm me an ancient elf and deadric motif. I am sure it wont hurt your purse with so much luck ;)
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭

The reason you're finding them is because Daggerfall has easily 10 times the amount of furniture when compared to the other two.
    If I had a VR version of Daggerfall Castle to go to, I wouldn't be complaining either. ;)