The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would you like an open world PVP server?

Chryos
Chryos
✭✭✭✭
With the implementation of protecting guildmates against friendly fire: I would like to play ESO in a brutal open world pvp server. Most of my guildmates would like to see this too!
Edited by Chryos on April 30, 2014 5:42PM
If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.

Would you like an open world PVP server? 114 votes

YES! I love when pvp burns! Bring on the hardcore pvp lifestyle!
30%
GilvothLoviotordaveben007b14a_ESOMrMelGibsonhaileyb14_ESO2ReymasChivanaXale.v.taramanb16_ESOseneferab16_ESOandreas.andersson93b16_ESO2hackspettb16_ESOnicholaspingasb16_ESOblezuemanueleb17_ESOChryoscisadanepajsuxrwb17_ESODsdglk22ub17_ESOeaglestormub17_ESOHodoriusVeakoth 35 votes
No. But give the customers a choice.
23%
Moonchildealetad11_ESOConquersWindshadow_ESOtryia3b14a_ESOApophissRatatouilleLonePiratemaneatingmonkeyKendaricRiver_Songuktitanb16_ESOqwertyburnsb16_ESOJirki88netodecAbraCadabraOzghostLanaeNinnghizhiddaNox_Aeterna 27 votes
Maybe, I might try it.
7%
Cinnamon_SpiderChairGraveyardEnlightenmentgurluasb16_ESOSanspoofvince131nub18_ESOErilAqZordrageRookBorn 9 votes
This is a terrible idea, it should not be an option whatsoever for anyone.
37%
ImryllKewljag_66_ESOMorHawkChuck_ESO2Poisinivymlscott0deathly809_ESOfrwinters_ESOHagbard_OMgcalex5Saint_JiubB14_ESOdannymcgr81b14_ESOeobethb14_ESOSyndyRundarekMorodorAlexiesGisgoVegarothFoxhunt 43 votes
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes. It will bring back the old school sandbox feel where anything and everything can happen.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well , this is something i probably would not use myself.

But im pro choice usually.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Apophiss
    Apophiss
    ✭✭✭
    I don't give a Skeevers Hemorrhoid about PVP, but others like it and if they have a place where they can play the way they want... so be it.
    "Just when I think you have said the stupidest thing possible, you keep talking."
    -Hank Hill
  • seneferab16_ESO
    seneferab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, CoD yes!

Tbh, I would like to take it one step further and have one shard where it's FFA AoC style. It would be full of griefing, dirty play and smacktalk, but Gjhhs and his botbuddies KHkjhug and Jhiuyg would only last seconds. It's a price I am willing to pay. :)
    Aerin Treerunner, pre dinner snack
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Gjhhs and his botbuddies KHkjhug and Jhiuyg would only last seconds." This alone makes it worth the griefing.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't play there personally, but I'm all for giving choices to the players.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • UnderKingRhun
      UnderKingRhun
      ✭✭
      they could do this, with phasing, i am against griefers, so eave it to the vets. Vets pretty fun and challenging, imagine if you throw in some pvp too? would kinda force people to quest and work together.
    • vince131nub18_ESO
      Maybe, I might try it.
      Chryos wrote: »
      "Gjhhs and his botbuddies KHkjhug and Jhiuyg would only last seconds." This alone makes it worth the griefing.
      i could not agree with you more

There is no safty to be found in a sword. a sword brings death. it does not give life. it is a responsibility... a burden... this is no gift. it is a curse. i hope one day... you will forgive me.
    • Gisgo
      Gisgo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yeah because bots are going to roll on a full pvp server when there is one... just so you can kill them.
      I like open pvp games, but this isnt one.
      Edited by Gisgo on May 1, 2014 8:03AM
    • Ri_Dariit
      Ri_Dariit
      ✭✭✭
      This one suggests a hybrid. Upon an undisclosed amount of reports received against someone, mark them for world PVP. Additionally, other mer or men can choose to "flag" themselves. This will ensure only botters, spammers will be griefed and players wanting to engage in battle will.
      Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
    • tryia3b14a_ESO
      tryia3b14a_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      I feel like open world pvp is cool at first when the server is new and people are in similar level ranges, but later on down the line it always ends up being a bunch of max level, max geared guys ganking low level people who are just trying to play the game.

It's never going to be like Everquest, where it took months to level so there were always plenty of people in your level range, or like WoW with the South Shore/ Tarren Mill wars.
    • pignouf
      pignouf
      Yes, only for kill the bots.
    • Kililin
      Kililin
      ✭✭✭✭
      Imho this game is not suited for open pvp.
      To much focus on levelling and questing.
    • Chryos
      Chryos
      ✭✭✭✭
      During beta, I tried to tell them that you level too quickly in this game, and all of todays mmo's. IMO it should take you at least 6 months to reach max level. It's an MMO not a single player game with 30 hours of gameplay. EQ1 and UO (old) are still the best mmo's for people who dont like it easy. Unlike many of todays players, I dont like everything easily given to me (aka WoW). Gear like epic weapons are things not everyone could get and they were a status symbol. People also couldnt be *** to each other because if you wanted to get anything done, you would have to be able to make friends and group, thus Aholes didnt make it very far in game unless they guilded together.
    • Chryos
      Chryos
      ✭✭✭✭
      @Kililin‌

Theyd have alot of stuff to change up tho, it could be done, different ruleset etc etc.
    • Chryos
      Chryos
      ✭✭✭✭
      Look, read between the lines people. When I say open world pvp, I dont mean as the game world is now, but refined for open world pvp..tailored for pvp etc etc.
    • Lanatireb17_ESO
      Lanatireb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      No. pvp brings whiners, bitchers, complainers and griefers. its good as it is when they are in their confined little areas.
    • reggielee
      reggielee
      ✭✭✭✭
      I voted terrible idea, as there wasnt a simple NO option.

its not the game i signed up for. If I wanted that I would have bought any of a million other games that do that.
      Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
    • Chryos
      Chryos
      ✭✭✭✭
      @reggielee‌

Well then your vote is just that, no for everyone vs. no "just for yourself". So your good. It just means you'd rather ESO cater to your playstyle only, and that is just fine.
    • Cagro
      Cagro
      ✭✭✭
      This game will probably become my main hobby for years if it gets open world PVP. I read ESO will get a justice system. What about players being able to bring to justice the other players that commit crimes? This will be great RP.

I do not understand people who voted no. If you do not want to PVP, do not play in the PVP server. What is the issue?
      Edited by Cagro on May 1, 2014 6:04PM
    • Chryos
      Chryos
      ✭✭✭✭
      Someone mentioned a pretty good point. Leveling is like a prologue, once you reach max level, thats when the game begins. A kinda different perspective for me to think about now. Still though, I think it should take a bit longer to level, thats just me tho.
    • Cagro
      Cagro
      ✭✭✭
      pignouf wrote: »
      Yes, only for kill the bots.
      LOL. Good idea.
    • Gilvoth
      Gilvoth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      YES Absolutely!!!
      omg i would jump on that server immediately!!!!!!
      i have been asking for eso open world pvp server since early 2012!!
    • Jirki88
      Jirki88
      ✭✭✭
      I really don't do PvP, but I know there's lots of people that enjoy it, so... pro-choice.
      Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
    • Thechemicals
      Thechemicals
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You simply dont have enough people enjoying open world pvp. The real world isnt full of leet gosu pro hardcore etc. players, just people who want to have some fun after a hard day of work. The idea is crude and the players behind it even more so.

Secondly, pvp has lost its meaning, especially in the open world pvp games. You have an already tiny community of true pvpers that is always predominantly populated by griefers,abusers, and just downright stupid people. These people deteriorate the standards for pvp and worsen the general communities enjoyment. This leads to Trammel, for those of you who remember the real days of pvp.

Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
      Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
      Goddick
      Daggerfall Covenant

• apterous
      apterous
      ✭✭✭
      YES, DO WANT!
    • Cagro
      Cagro
      ✭✭✭
      You simply dont have enough people enjoying open world pvp. The real world isnt full of leet gosu pro hardcore etc. players, just people who want to have some fun after a hard day of work. The idea is crude and the players behind it even more so.

Secondly, pvp has lost its meaning, especially in the open world pvp games. You have an already tiny community of true pvpers that is always predominantly populated by griefers,abusers, and just downright stupid people. These people deteriorate the standards for pvp and worsen the general communities enjoyment. This leads to Trammel, for those of you who remember the real days of pvp.

With all due respect but the votes in this discussion say otherwise. Additionally, the majority of people agree that Cyrodiil is the best part of this game. Cyrodiil is open world pvp.
    • Lanatireb17_ESO
      Lanatireb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      Cagro wrote: »

With all due respect but the votes in this discussion say otherwise. Additionally, the majority of people agree that Cyrodiil is the best part of this game. Cyrodiil is open world pvp.

strange. the numbers i see say 60% dont want it.
    • Abigail
      Abigail
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Couldn't care less, but the 13-year-olds who enjoy ganking ought to have their place in the sun.
    • nicholaspingasb16_ESO
      nicholaspingasb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      Selected wrong option lol.
      Edited by nicholaspingasb16_ESO on May 6, 2014 11:25AM
      Sanguine's Beta Tester