The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stealth is unbalanced.

Nevanxx
Nevanxx
Stealth is incredibly unbalanced in ESO. Can someone explain to me, why, as a veteran rank 5 vampire nightblade, tank-house Dragonknights in heavy armour and with shields and big clunky metal boots can get so close in sneak that they are able to attack me?

Seriously, what is up with that? In ESO, heavy armour should have a more negative effect on stealth. If I'm a nightblade specializing in a stealth build, with all the vampire and medium armour passives and so on that upgrade my stealth, what sense does it make if melee-powerhouses dressed as an M4A4 Sherman can get so close to me as to sneak-attack me for a huge crit with the accompanying short stun, then just immediately slaughter me with stuns and heavy hitting hits?

Please, please, please either give negative effects on stealth if wearing heavy armour, or actually give nightblades specializing in stealth builds the ability to freaking notice all that noisy metal on legs approaching them.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to sneak at all, but it makes absolutely no sense if they can sneak as well as vampiric nightblades. It's just a pure imbalance in pvp that takes away one of the main selling points of the nightblade class.

• LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I do think there is a serious favor to medium armor for stealth I do find it weird a heavy armor user can sneak as good as someone in a dress or leather... but they still can't do it as effectively as the lines that favor it, like NB and med armor.

I do think NB should have class line passives that naturally increase their stealth prowess, regardless of what armor they wear, but I don't think a heavy armor user should have a negative effect UNLESS all armor types come with a negative effect.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree that there should be some sort of stealth detection mechanic. Either have it built in to the medium armor passives or even better, build it in to the NB passives to make them a little more viable.
  • unseenbrawn_ESO
    unseenbrawn_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    While I agree with gaining some sort of passives that allow us to increase stealth awareness learn to combine and blend sneaking with stealth. You'd be amazed at how well you can do when you learn to coordinate them with one another.