The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Keep getting kicked for spam

Draconiuos
Draconiuos
✭✭✭
I am not even talking in the chat, and I have been getting bouts of lags. Then suddenly the game will kick me out for spam when I am not even using any of the communications in game. I am not talking in chat, sending mails, sending group/guild invites. How is it I am getting kicked for spam when I am doing nothing to spam?
  • Armoril
    Armoril
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same thing happen to me just now. It started with the massive lag, which got me killed a couple of times. And then I got dropped from the server for the same thing. Like yourself, I wasn't using chat.

I'm not happy about it, but I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one.
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    When it says "messaging" it's talking about messages sent from the client to the server. What's happening is that while you are frozen your client is getting backed up with all of your key presses. Doubly so for holding a direction. When you regain your connection the client spams the server with that queue of key presses/actions.

Basically you're lagging so hard that one way or another, you're going to lose the connection. The error message is a little confusing.
    Edited by Xithian on April 30, 2014 9:09AM
  • Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭
    Xithian wrote: »
    When it says "messaging" it's talking about messages sent from the client to the server. What's happening is that while you are frozen your client is getting backed up with all of your key presses. Doubly so for holding a direction. When you regain your connection the client spams the server with that queue of key presses/actions.

Basically you're lagging so hard that one way or another, you're going to lose the connection. The error message is a little confusing.

Thing is it doesn't kick for spam until after it starts working again for a few minutes. I will be going along without an issue and then "kicked for spam". The massive lag happened 2-5 minutes ago.

p.s.

And done for the night. Lagging so bad now can't even play. Been playing all day and suddenly this happens. They need to do something maybe restart the server or something.
    Edited by Draconiuos on April 30, 2014 9:18AM