Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A question about Guild Store Fees

Yshido
Yshido
✭✭
As we all know, we have to pay fees to sell our stuff using Guild Stores. Regarding the tool tips it is:
1. 15% listing fee (goes to ZOS)
2. 10% house cut for the guild store, in case the item was sold (goes to ?!?)

While I am a guild master, I am not able to realize where those 10% house cut are going to be stored. I cant find it at all and there is no option to take gold from a guild store or guild bank. This is really confusing to me.

Maybe someone of you is able to explain this stuff to me, cause it seems I am too dumb to get it.
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing. It's split because 15% of it is up front by the seller, the other 10% from the buyer.

(All 25% evaporates).
    Edited by Tetujin on April 30, 2014 8:15AM
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guild Cut is a sales tax set by the Zenimax, you have no control over it, a.k.a a gold sink.

The term "Guild Cut" is simply Zenimax roleplaying with words here.
  • lichmeister
    lichmeister
    ✭✭✭
    yeah when i first read that i was like: wtf? :o the guild profits from our sales?! who gets to choose how that money is spent?! >:)

the rational part of my brain knew that was just some RP fun from ZOS but everything else about the game is so damned different from what we are all used to in MMOs i couldn't be sure!
  • chaosdreamer13b14_ESO
    chaosdreamer13b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    While I get that these gold 'cuts' are most likely designed to encourage us to sell peer to peer I still wish we could post our items without loss of coin. One thing I greatly miss about DAoC was just this. Consignment merchants in the housing zone allowed you to permanently post items until they sold and no imaginary cost to the seller... just saying ;)
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold sinks for posting are necessary. Without them, people would do anti-competitive things like buy out all the competition and repost at higher prices. I already had this happen to me with my own crafted wares. However, due to the nature of the gold cost, I was able to discourage this behavior. I simply raised my prices slightly (not quite as high as his, but enough to make it not worth buying for repost). Mine sold. His did not. He gave up and took his listings down AND stopped buying and reposting my things. Without the upfront gold lost, he would have simply kept buying them and reposting. Because he would lose more money than the item was worth in doing so, he did not.

ZOS likely agrees that the sink is a little high. The Craglorn patch has a note that guild store listing fees will be reduced.
    Reduced the fee for listing items on the guild store.

Patch Notes v.1.1 Inc. Craglorn - From PTS

It is however a necessary sink.
    Edited by nudel on April 30, 2014 3:00PM
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    I'm very outspoken in favor of an auction house, but if there is a where a way to visit multiple guild houses without zone hopping and having that guild actually make a cut of the profit I'd be all for it.

The current system serves no useful purpose.
  • alphawolph
    alphawolph
    ✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    Gold sinks for posting are necessary. Without them, people would do anti-competitive things like buy out all the competition and repost at higher prices. I already had this happen to me with my own crafted wares. However, due to the nature of the gold cost, I was able to discourage this behavior. I simply raised my prices slightly (not quite as high as his, but enough to make it not worth buying for repost). Mine sold. His did not. He gave up and took his listings down AND stopped buying and reposting my things. Without the upfront gold lost, he would have simply kept buying them and reposting. Because he would lose more money than the item was worth in doing so, he did not.

ZOS likely agrees that the sink is a little high. The Craglorn patch has a note that guild store listing fees will be reduced.
    Reduced the fee for listing items on the guild store.

Patch Notes v.1.1 Inc. Craglorn - From PTS

It is however a necessary sink.

Why does someone buying all of your auctions bother you? Isn't that the whole point?
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is not that they were buying them all but that they were trying to control the market and profit off of my work. They weren't even smart enough to post them in a different guild. I would not have cared if they were actually using them or giving them to friends/ fellow guildmates. But I am not going to feed someone else money. That's not why I craft. I also don't appreciate that sort of price gouging and, as a buyer, neither should you. I am not for instance bothered by competition in the least. Other people post the same items for less or more gold. I do not feel compelled to buy them out and repost at my price. That is exactly the sort of rude 'playing the market' type behavior that listing fees curb.
  • alphawolph
    alphawolph
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just happy I sold my stuff. Don't care in the least what the buyer does with my stuff.

But, if resellers are buying my stuff I'm not charging enough.
  • methjester
    methjester
    ✭✭✭
    alphawolph wrote: »
    I'm just happy I sold my stuff. Don't care in the least what the buyer does with my stuff.

But, if resellers are buying my stuff I'm not charging enough.

Exactly!! If someone bought your stuff you win. Right now it's so much of a hassle to sell to other players its barely worth it. I could care less if someone wants to control the denata or Diamond market. More power to them for having a plan.

Since when is this supposed to be the MMO where everyone is supposed to be nice to each other and keep prices nice and below cost just because we're in random trade guilds?

• Yshido
    Yshido
    ✭✭
    Well, this answers my question very well. Thanks.