The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The weight of three crowns bugged - gamebreaking experience -now with support

• Smy
    Smy
    Soul Shriven
    This is (currently) the only quest I have left in the game on this particular character, so there is certainly no other "bugged" quest interfering with it. I cannot see any NPCs in the zone at all except the two quest followers.

This is part of the main overall story and apparently this has been bugged for a great deal of time, pretty much since release it appears. I refuse to just skip over the main reason I am playing the game just to get passed the bug. This is really a shame. I am literally at a point where I cannot play the game as intended and as I had been enjoying.

If there was an option to freeze an account for a period of time, I would. I will certainly not continue subscribing the next time the payment comes around if this has not been resolved and I seriously doubt I will take a chance on re-subscribing just to see if this has been addressed yet. There is a finite limit to patience and interest with so many a-list games releasing in the coming months.

• Cerelia
    Cerelia
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on my level 47 Sorcerer, and I couldn't see the first 3 people that Vanus was talking to, but I was able to see the Alliance Leaders. I think I'll be able to progress from there, but I hope I'm not missing out on anything. :(
  • boinged
    boinged
    Soul Shriven
    I had invisible NPCs too on the way to the meeting point at the quest objective. There is an NPC discussion along the way and I just got one half of it. Once I reached the objective the rest of the quest was fine. I didn't want to miss out but the content is rich enough in this quest line that I was willing to sacrifice 2-3 NPC conversations.

I feel that Bangkorai onwards does not feel finished or polished as the rest of the game up until this point. Same for the dungeon in this zone and public dungeon.
  • ozgod22_eso
    ozgod22_eso
    ✭✭✭
    I just hit this bug with my 1st alt today (NPCs are invisible but main NPCs are there and you can complete the quest without meeting the flavour NPCs on the way to the summit). As I have completed all this on my main without any bugs, once I finish my Coldharbour play through I will report back as to whether the gameplay experience was different. I suspect it isn't, but I'm sure future players hitting this bug would like to know.
  • Cypherseeker
    So...this is the second time I've come across a major quest being bugged that delays my progress. I can get to the island fine. Most of the NPC's seem to be there, but nothing happens at all. Vanus just stands at the portal. It's very frustrating, because it is very similar to what happened with the quest Stomping Sinmur when I originally tried to complete it. I've tried relogging...nothing. I don't have anything else to delete at this point. At least I can hang out in PVP until it's fixed I guess.
  • Smy
    Smy
    Soul Shriven
    This issue was addressed in the patch this week and progress is not longer blocked. Hooray!

And the bank door in VG finally had a carpenter come and fix the hinges, even better!
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bumping because its back, just ran into it.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashigaru wrote: »
    Bumping because its back, just ran into it.
    Which bug in particular? Most quest progression bugs can be fixed by abandoning the quest and logging off for 10 minutes to allow the instances to reset.

I realise it is not possible to abandon a Main Quest; the equivalent here I think is to go back to the entry portal, leave the instance through it, and then log off.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • futharkrune
    futharkrune
    Soul Shriven
    Hi the weight of three crowns quest has dissappeared I got to the part as the portal opened but had to leave the game left then turned it back on and the quest has gone from my quest mission any ideas guys Xbox one ty