Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The weight of three crowns bugged - gamebreaking experience -now with support

malte-schulzb16_ESO
Hi,

no talking npc leader on the marked spot. I can not listen any conservation and I can not abbondon the quest in the log.

The Support doese not answer any request in game.

I hoped the weekly maintance would solve the problem, but nothing changed.

So I stucked without any hope of progress for my Level 47 Charakter.

Real shame after such promissing game experience, but after this BS I will not burn any more money for subscription.

sincerely

an ex paying customer

Edited by malte-schulzb16_ESO on May 1, 2014 8:28AM
  • malte-schulzb16_ESO
    ... here it comes

1. support answer

Hail and well met, adventurer Curaitis!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. I'm sorry the leaders decided to whisper in the meeting instead of letting you in on the conversation.

You could try turning on the subtitles in the chat window, this should at least let you to understand what they are saying. To do this simply press [Enter] so the chat window becomes visible then press the little cogwheel on the upper right corner and change the settings as to enable NPC chat to appear on the chat window.

If this wasn't the problem you were experiencing please reply back to us with a little more information so we can better assist you!

Divines guide you.
    Best Regards,
    André
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Yeah sure, the missing subs ... thats the problem. LOL The fricking NPC are not there. No one speaks, no leader of the alliance, the is no conservation to listen!

Edited by malte-schulzb16_ESO on May 1, 2014 8:23AM
  • malte-schulzb16_ESO
    ... and the second one

Greetings Curaitis,

First of all I would like to apologize for the bugs you are experiencing during game, I know that can be frustrating and I appeal to your patience as we are working hard in order to fix everything pretty quickly, your report and feedback is great, so we deeply appreciate the fact that you took your time to bring this to us.

We are aware of an issue with this quest "Weight of Three Crowns" and we are currently and actively investigating it, we are planning that his particular quest will be fixed in a very near future patch.

In future occasions, the fastest way to report a bug is to type “/bug” in the chat window while in-game. Make sure to select the proper category and subcategory, and give as much detail as possible about the issue. Check the "Include Screenshot?" box to include a screenshot of the issue. Please be sure to press the "Print Screen" key on the keyboard before typing "/bug" to make sure the correct screenshot is included in the bug report.
    Once all the fields are filled out properly, click "Submit."
    Feel free to shoot any other questions you have, we are here for you 24/7.

Warm regards,
    Pedro

Yeah "warm" regards too and thanks for nothing!

Very helpful, to wait for a "very near" future patch. Sorry ESO-Team in the very near future my abo expires and I will not return for such a of bugged §$§%.

Edited by malte-schulzb16_ESO on May 1, 2014 8:23AM
  • mad_acornb16_ESO
    They had this in the patch notes today as fixed, I still cant see the alliance leaders :(
  • droosha
    droosha
    Having the same exact issue...
  • SteLuppi91
    SteLuppi91
    ✭✭
    having the same problems
    EU/PC
    Skylìer vr16 DK EP Dark elf *_*
    Aradil vr16 Sorc EP
    Skylier vr 16 DK EP Nord ): (Retired)
  • arwyna
    arwyna
    Soul Shriven
    Same problems !!!!!!!!! plz help us :(
  • mystaskratchb14_ESO
    1. Delete every single quest you have except this one
    2. Re-log
    3. NPCs should appear as normal.

I had several quests that were bugged in this manner, and this always fixed them.
  • arwyna
    arwyna
    Soul Shriven
    It's the mainly quest so we can't delete it. I'll try to delete all others and get back to say if it worked or not.
  • arwyna
    arwyna
    Soul Shriven
    It's works for me !!!!! Thanks a lot !! i've just done the quest and travel to Coldharbour. wouhou !
  • SteLuppi91
    SteLuppi91
    ✭✭
    2. Re-log

I had several quests that were bugged in this manner, and this always fixed them.
    THANKS A LOT I'M IN COLDHARBOUR
    Edited by SteLuppi91 on May 5, 2014 5:03PM
    EU/PC
    Skylìer vr16 DK EP Dark elf *_*
    Aradil vr16 Sorc EP
    Skylier vr 16 DK EP Nord ): (Retired)
  • mystaskratchb14_ESO
    You're welcome! I had a bugged story quest for over a week, and this finally fixed it, glad it helps other people too!
  • damastis
    damastis
    Hi "The Elder Scrolls Online Team" . my leaders never come... i check the spot sever times for 5 days now but nothing. relog or /relog its never work, i cant delete the main quest , so i stuck there. because i m vet1 but i stuck in main Q i cant go to veteran areas. & a second one : i do it atlist 5 times, 5 tickets but never recive any answer. So wtf i must do now ? stop playing the ESO or pray to daedras , maybe them will remove the bugs? THX
  • damastis
    damastis
    & ty mystaskratchb14_ESO ur way work
    2. Re-log

• damastis
    damastis
    2. Re-log

its work for me to. ty man

• sinomiel
    sinomiel
    Soul Shriven
    what if the quest is not in my journal?
    i was in mournhold, vanus opened the portal to stirk (after introducing me to the kings) but i decided to reset my skill points first and ran away. when i got back, there was no vanus, no portal, no quest even in the journal.

it is possible i deleted the quest by mistake so i tried to pick it up again. the only person i could talk to was jorun but he only told me vanus wanted to talk to me at the guild and then goodbye. i am at a loss, do you have any tips for what i can do about this? apart from contacting support. i tried that and didnt help. is there anyone else i should speak to to pick up the quest or such?

thanks.
  • Waters
    Waters
    Soul Shriven
    Not sure what faction your main is, but I would go back a step further and see if the person that started the visit to the other kings has the quest. For example, Aldermi (sp?) I would go to Razum Dar at Skywatch.
  • Letareus
    Letareus
    Soul Shriven
    2. Re-log

Tried today 5/27 and this workaround didn't work. Has anyone gotten this to work after 1.1?

Also, for those of you who did it, exactly what did you do? The main quest itself (weight of three crowns) cannot be abandoned. I tried relogging both inside and outside of the Stirk instance, both before and after Vanus starts following you.
    Edited by Letareus on May 27, 2014 6:20PM
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Letareus wrote: »
    2. Re-log

Tried today 5/27 and this workaround didn't work. Has anyone gotten this to work after 1.1?

Also, for those of you who did it, exactly what did you do? The main quest itself (weight of three crowns) cannot be abandoned. I tried relogging both inside and outside of the Stirk instance, both before and after Vanus starts following you.

Are you having a problem with the leaders ir with the people Varius keep talking to by the way?

I had all npcs varius spoke to missing. Tried the workaround but didnt work.

Decuded to go ahead and all the alliance leaders and other npcs spawned normally and was abke to do the quest.

As I though I would he further affected by the leaders missing as well I almost gave up after the 10th relog.. fortunately I didnt (still a mess..).
  • Adryssa_Joneley
    Adryssa_Joneley
    ✭✭✭
    And here we are.. after all this time and the damn quest is STILL broken. /sigh
  • Kilitar
    Kilitar
    Same here, whole island empty. No NPCs. Varius speaks to empty tents. I had only Cyrodiil quests in log. Delete them makes no difference.
  • archibald7
    archibald7
    Soul Shriven
    Stuck at the point where the leaders are meant to meet and talk, they don't appear. I tried the fix but nothing.

Logged back in a day later and tried again. This time did work, but had the problem with there being no NPC's in the first part of the island and Varius speaks to empty tents, but passed the quest so can live with that.
    Edited by archibald7 on May 31, 2014 11:21AM
  • kabuehringb14_ESO
    kabuehringb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I received this quest for the first time last night (6/02/14) and it was immediately bugged, so I decided to wait until today. Got on tonight after work and the thing was still bugged (Varius talking to empty tents.) Went and did the last Harborage quest, came back and same thing. Re-logged I don't know how many times then found this thread, but the only quests I had were Cyrodille related, but I dropped them anyway and tried re-logging in and out of the portal. Nothing. Super frustrating.

I just had to wait a week for two other quests to get debugged (one of them being the final 'Mane' one in Dune) and now this? I love the game but I don't want to wait another week to continue with my main character. Laaaame. ):<
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Feels.. I'm having the same problem
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
  • Sang
    Sang
    ✭✭✭
    So ... how about fixing this important quest someday soon?
    I tried the work around but like others have said .. there is no one there and no body is talking.
  • siledre
    siledre
    ✭✭✭
    so I can't progress on this one and the Bangkorai important quest line is broken too, come on.
  • kgallellab14_ESO
    Here is my issue: The three "experts on Coldharbour" aren't showing up on the way to the Summit (Lady Laurent, Telenger the Artificer, and Captain Alphuary). My NPC companions have conversations with them but I can't see them and can only hear one side of the dialog. When I made it to the Summit Point, I saw the three leaders fine and was able to complete the quest and make it to Coldharbour.

I really hope the absense of those 3 NPCs on the way to the Summit don't cause future bugs (I know that those NPC give quests in Coldharbour and I worry I won't get their quests since they were invisible to me in the Weight of the Three Crowns quest).
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe that this part of the main quest remains bugged. Shouldn't this be high priority? Would like an update on the matter. Soft resetting doesn't work.
  • beast_ESO
    beast_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    2. Re-log

Not sure if this is an ongoing trolling thing or if this actually works. I'm hesitant to try it though.
  • beast_ESO
    beast_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Does this block progress or just make you miss some lore? If the latter is there a transcript somewhere?
  • beast_ESO
    beast_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    beast_ESO wrote: »
    2. Re-log

Not sure if this is an ongoing trolling thing or if this actually works. I'm hesitant to try it though.

Just tried this, and it did not work.