Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Someone has a good dps templar build?

Reogie
Reogie
Soul Shriven
I was looking on the forums and on google and found a lot of videos about other classes, but not a good templar dps build.
So my question is, is there someone who knows a good dps templar build.
I am currently v3 nord.
  • daniel_ESO16
    VR1 Templar Imperial wondering the same thing here. I've been mixing 2h Greatswords with Aedric Spear and it works alright. Often I have to switch to resto to heal up a bit on elite monsters. Also wearing all heavy armour.
  • WolfSkin
    WolfSkin
    I am a Nord TEMPLAR vr2 having the same issues... hmmm 2h weps/bow/healz I find questing by myself really hard.

20 magicka/14 health/ 15 stamina

mix of heavy and leather armor. =/
  •  Shaoxon
    Try a mix of Heavy and Light armor for the magicka boost and more points into health instead.
  • neuroelectub17_ESO
    Light armor, spell cost reduction rings, warlock set.
    Focused/Explosive/Toppling charge "take your pick", biting jabs, crescent sweep + the burning light passive. I also love blazing spear.

You could also run a resto staff with the cycle of life passive for +dmg vs hp amount.

@ vr4 I run 49 health @ attributes and mostly health enchants @ armor. Then eat decent food and have like 2500 hp and around 2k magica. Try and get your magica into overcharge at least.

Easy mode lvling imo. Also helps if you're a breton with the racial cost reduction passives.
  • Jogi1
    Jogi1
    ✭✭
    I have to take time and try to figure out how to do more dps with a Templar. I am at level 47, points are 0/14/35, mostly I use medium gear, but also have heavy and light at least one peace. I use mostly a bow and a resto staff, sometimes a greatsword.

I'll try what Neuroele suggested and start learning a new way to play, thanks for the tips.
    "Anon us most soon again, for sooth."
    Lord Rugdumph gro-Shurgak
  • adiwantinova
    I parsed an 810 DPS rating on a non-boss on-level random tiger (VR2) last night as a ranged DPS leveraging mostly class abilities.

Volcanic Rune (on floor between you/mob) -> Flare -> Reflective Light -> Flare -> Reflective Light. Dead mob.

I'm awaiting a gold elite boss fight at VR2 to parse out a DPS rating with Soul Summon (world/soul magic ultimate), which will likely push up to/above 1K DPS with that weaved in.

Most mobs don't touch me, and I'm using the following setup:

- 7/7 Light Armor
    - Resto (both bars)
    - Almost every piece has divines trait
    - 29:20:0 (m:h:s ratio)
    - Mundus Stone: (Tower / +stam)
    - All but 2 are +mag enchants (others are +hp)

I'm considering going back to +Magicka mundus for leveling because +stam was useful for block uptime when I was AOE bombing in melee range.

P.S. As an AOE bomber, my highest DPS parse while grinding multiple targets was 620. So, give me a 30% higher DPS parse, at range, without taking any damage as a Wrath Mage, please. :)
    Edited by adiwantinova on May 3, 2014 8:31PM
    Adi-Wan
    Wrath Mage & Restoration
  • PurpleMango0416
    PurpleMango0416
    Soul Shriven
    I'm currently running Templar, light armor, destruction staff with all three skill trees maxed out.

I'm loving it and find my survivability with heals is just fine.
  • fenweeneb18_ESO
    This build works very well for normal mobs pack (VR 2 Templar here):

-Volcanic Rune
    -Pulsar
    -Inner light
    -Biting jabs
    -Either a heal if you don't like swapping or another instant AOE like the first dawn wrath skill morphed for AOE

For ultimate you can go with crescent sweep or bat swarm if you are vampire

With this you will destroy packs (just remember to keep block up while spamming pulsar)

For Elites i haven't found a great set up yet, but i am using this with moderate success:

-Power of the light
    -Dark flare
    -Reflective light
    -Inner light
    -A heal or volcanic rune (to increase benefits of mage guild passives)

My weapon swap is a resto staff with heals and javelin that i use to recover mana/health while controlling the mob.

I have no problem with quest in VR levels, but i struggle against some Elite mobs (an example are the elite trolls in grathwood, i just can't bring them down before they kill me :( )
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭
    Templar from experience is stronger with cloth armor for magicka passives, a destro staff, and using the dawns wrath and restoring light trees, as well as a few spells from destro staff tree. I know I am probably the only templar running around in cloth with a staff, but I destroy stuff lol. I cant remember the spell names but the first two spells in the dawns wrath tree can be morphed to be AOEs and they DOT, then you get passives to increase the DOT duration and gain more ultimate per hit so you can use the Nova ultimate from that tree and blow up 5+ enemies, I love it. Not to mention the class based heals, there have been times I definitely would have died on other characters, and didn't on my templar thanks to the class heals. Even the resto staff heals on my sorc do not compare to the templar class heals, they make awesome fire/resto mages.