Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

REQUEST : Vampire balancing

Zolyok
Zolyok
✭✭✭
HI there

Zeni should take a close look to vampire skill :

The Vampire ulti is really cheap to activate and with the several way to see his cost reduced it make the ulti almost a permanent spammable skill, wich make it really overpowerred.
The mist form is also very unbalanced, the damage reduction is way to high and nearly untargetable, because of that player in pvp spam Mist form
Then vampire with perma Bat swarm can enter in mist form that make the combo even more powered.

Due the power of vampire ability a DK vampire can become nearly immortal

There is mor combo with the vampire skill that make it really unbalanced.
And also why everybody is becoming vampire.
Edited by Zolyok on April 29, 2014 6:46AM
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree in PvP a Vampire can take on 20+ players and win. A lot of people rage quit when this happens and it will only damage PvP and the game.
    This also needs to be fix quickly as more people are going vampire every day to compete this of course means they will be angry when this exploit is fixed.
  • Artemys_Knight
    I've 2shotted many vampires in PvP 1v1 with the Fighter's Guild skill line. When i PvP, I equip abilities from there to counter the vamp bandwagon, and they don't see it coming.
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire skill really overpower other skill
  • nickackub17_ESO
    nickackub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    What happened to all the people who said they cant wait to see vamps in pvp cause they will own them with silverbolt it is kinda funny now :smile: but on another note how do they keep the cost so low ? in pve everytime i zone the cost goes back up as right now the vamp skill line is bugged my bat swarm cost 200 ulti and i am stage 4 lol
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened to all the people who said they cant wait to see vamps in pvp cause they will own them with silverbolt it is kinda funny now :smile: but on another note how do they keep the cost so low ? in pve everytime i zone the cost goes back up as right now the vamp skill line is bugged my bat swarm cost 200 ulti and i am stage 4 lol

Cause it is bugged , if you leave zone , you lose the 60% red that comes from being stage 4 , at least that is what i understood , so you need to get stage 4 in that zone.

Then people add a set and the sorcs add their passives to it , there you have it 4 cost.

With that said , i still dont think it is that much a of a problem , mostly it is the fact that you can heal in mist form , which is a bug , that causes the issue from what i understood , nothing to do with being OP.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Crowtac
    Crowtac
    Greatly increase the cost of bat swarm and increase the cost of using mist form, make vamps take even more damage from fire based attacks should solve the problem.
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    A big cost increase will balance it i agree
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crowtac wrote: »
    Greatly increase the cost of bat swarm and increase the cost of using mist form, make vamps take even more damage from fire based attacks should solve the problem.
    Zolyok wrote: »
    A big cost increase will balance it i agree

How about no , atleast in my opinion.

After they fix mist form , THEN there will be a check if there is any need for a rebalance.
    -Hanlon's razor
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, Mist form reduction by itself alone wouldn't fix anything, there's plenty of former vampire emperors sitting there in a zerg just blocking and popping reflective scales and literally regaining all lost health within a second.

A softcap on how much you can reduce the ultimate cost and/or a cooldown making ultimates not spammable.
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    Fixing mistform solvea this problem. With mistform fixed, vamps cant heal while in mist and they cant life heal meaning they will drop fast.

Stop accusing low ult cost as the suspect. You guys need to learn and read skills properly
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    blackwolf7 wrote: »
    Fixing mistform solvea this problem. With mistform fixed, vamps cant heal while in mist and they cant life heal meaning they will drop fast.

Stop accusing low ult cost as the suspect. You guys need to learn and read skills properly

And you have probably just theorycrafted all day long.
    An ultimate that you can bring down to it being spammable and which has no aoe cap is a problem.
    I have seen plenty of vampires sitting there taking all the hits while popping their reflective scales with bat swarm up and regaining all life while in the middle of the raid.

A vampire don't need to pop mistform before having half of the raid killed. Mistform is just a luxury to finish of the players that moved away.

• blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    bugulu wrote: »

An ultimate that you can bring down to it being spammable and which has no aoe cap is a problem.
    I have seen plenty of vampires sitting there taking all the hits while popping their reflective scales with bat swarm up and regaining all life while in the middle of the raid.

A vampire don't need to pop mistform before having half of the raid killed. Mistform is just a luxury to finish of the players that moved away.

Not really. Ive seen vamps go down fast even though they are spamming ult. Just yell at your zerg to stay away from bat swarm and they will drop without mistform. Also ive seen vamps not using mistform just blinking on zergs and spamming ult. They die fast as well.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok here is the thing.

You dont balance something that affects all 4 classes , because of one them can do something.

So , if the DKs got a OP skills that allows to tank a raid , you go complain about that.
    -Hanlon's razor
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need to completely remove vampire Ultimate from PVP. For PVE it's OK, but not for PVP!
    Also, I'll leave this here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxBlMayv12M
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Crowtac wrote: »
    make vamps take even more damage from fire based attacks
    Yeah, no.

Whenever I see some Pyromancer -mob in the world, I need to kill it before it manages to cast off any kind of fire spell or I'm oneshotted.
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭

Ok here is the thing.

You dont balance something that affects all 4 classes , because of one them can do something.

So , if the DKs got a OP skills that allows to tank a raid , you go complain about that.

To be honest, being able to reduce the cost of ANY ultimate to oblivion is broken. An ultimate should be a special ability and not something that you can use over and over again.

A softcap on ultimate reduction or a fixed cooldown for ultimates in-game would solve alot.
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭

Ok here is the thing.

To be honest, being able to reduce the cost of ANY ultimate to oblivion is broken. An ultimate should be a special ability and not something that you can use over and over again.

A softcap on ultimate reduction or a fixed cooldown for ultimates in-game would solve alot.

Nope but then vampires will become utterly useless if they nerf it. The only reason people take 50% more fire dmg and 75% reduce health regen is because of the said ult reduction. Without it no one will go vampire.
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    That's why i asked a balance not a nerf
  • Mendoze
    Mendoze
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, how many threads like this we really need, until we finally get a response from developers? I mean come on, it's not so hard to tell playerbase that they know that problem exists, and are going to do something about it....or that it's working as intended?
  • blackwolf7
    blackwolf7
    ✭✭✭
    Mendoze wrote: »
    Hmmm, how many threads like this we really need, until we finally get a response from developers? I mean come on, it's not so hard to tell playerbase that they know that problem exists, and are going to do something about it....or that it's working as intended?

Probably one of the major problems of this game. Though I can confirm that they are reading it because i have multple posts being deleted because i call people idiots.

But the problem is we never get to hear their side
  • revanghost
    revanghost
    ✭✭✭
    Mendoze wrote: »

But when people complain about lag, rollbacks, character/item deletion, it's just a small minority of people complaining and the majority believes everything is fine.

Cake. Eat it, too.
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    where that stake and garlic
  • DitsyGirl
    DitsyGirl
    AshTal wrote: »
    I agree in PvP a Vampire can take on 20+ players and win. A lot of people rage quit when this happens and it will only damage PvP and the game.
    This also needs to be fix quickly as more people are going vampire every day to compete this of course means they will be angry when this exploit is fixed.

Learn how to PVP use fire on a vampire and they fall over dead practically instantly.
    That's complete BS claiming Vampires can kill 20 people.
    Zolyok wrote: »
    HI there

Zeni should take a close look to vampire skill :

The Vampire ulti is really cheap to activate and with the several way to see his cost reduced it make the ulti almost a permanent spammable skill, wich make it really overpowerred.
    The mist form is also very unbalanced, the damage reduction is way to high and nearly untargetable, because of that player in pvp spam Mist form
    Then vampire with perma Bat swarm can enter in mist form that make the combo even more powered.

Due the power of vampire ability a DK vampire can become nearly immortal

There is mor combo with the vampire skill that make it really unbalanced.
    And also why everybody is becoming vampire.

Again Learn how to counter vampires. Use fire and they drop dead really fast. Stop crying for a nerf just because you suck.

• bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭
    DitsyGirl wrote: »
    Learn how to PVP use fire on a vampire and they fall over dead practically instantly.

Again Learn how to counter vampires. Use fire and they drop dead really fast. Stop crying for a nerf just because you suck.

Use fire and they drop dead fast?

This video disagrees with you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxBlMayv12M

But then again, you probably have only met lowlevel vampires thinking that is how all vampires operates.
    Come back when you have killed a former emperor within seconds just using fire.

What are you gonna say next: That Silver Bolts can stunlock vampires?
    Ever heard of Reflective Scales?
    Edited by bugulu on April 29, 2014 9:01AM
  • DitsyGirl
    DitsyGirl

Use fire and they drop dead fast?

This video disagrees with you:

But then again, you probably have only met lowlevel vampires thinking that is how all vampires operates.
    Come back when you have killed a former emperor within seconds just using fire.

What are you gonna say next: That Silver Bolts can stunlock vampires?

I am a Vampire I know what vampire weaknesses are and fire sure is it. like i said learn how to PVP and stop crying for nerfs.
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭

I am a Vampire I know what vampire weaknesses are and fire sure is it. like i said learn how to PVP and stop crying for nerfs.
    Congratulations, I am a vampire Nightblade myself, what's your point?
    Reflective Scales negate that fire damage you are so speaking dearly of. But then again, you probably never met a vampire that utilises those abilities.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/pvp-vampire-dk-the-raid-boss/

Also, don’t hate the player. Hate the game, this isn’t cheating just combination of things that makes it unbalanced. Hopefully we will get PVP “fixed” and balanced soon.

It's fine my ass.

Edited by bugulu on April 29, 2014 9:06AM
  • DitsyGirl
    DitsyGirl

If anything its dragon knight reflective scales ability that needs nerfed. Not Vampire.

Edited by DitsyGirl on April 29, 2014 9:17AM
  • bugulu
    bugulu
    ✭✭✭

If anything its dragon knight reflective scales ability that needs nerfed. Not Vampire.

Finally.

I don't want to see vampires nerfed, I am a vampire myself and feel that the skill tree is balanced.
    What I do want to see balanced is the spell reduction stacking on ultimates.

Without DK/Sorcerers able to spam the ultimate, that dude would have just been a major meatshield that can still dish out damage (but that damage you would be able to heal through).

A softcap on spell reduction costs on ultimates would be a fine thing to add.

Edited by bugulu on April 29, 2014 9:21AM
  • Zolyok
    Zolyok
    ✭✭✭
    It's not really abilities that are overpowered it's some combo are way to effective in a way
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've 2shotted many vampires in PvP 1v1 with the Fighter's Guild skill line. When i PvP, I equip abilities from there to counter the vamp bandwagon, and they don't see it coming.

Utter bollocks.

The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired