Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Sorc Build Second Weapon Choice?

Kng_Ayumayuma
Kng_Ayumayuma
✭✭✭
Level 16 Sorc that’s having a hard time trying to decide the second weapon.
Here is my current build
I'm currently trying out Turug's Pact set for +100 armor.
Should I have two destr staffs? Two pets gives up a lot of slots.
Maybe a Resto staff?
Should I ditch the pets or go with just one?
Do I want the second weapon to have a knock-back?
Does increasing Stamina increase stamina type weapons hit amount?

I'm not the greatest player and this build does pretty good. Until I get to the final Boss fight in some quests. I have a few fights I couldn't complete yet.

I just got the second pet, haven't quested with two pets yet. With one pet I had Silver bolts slotted to use some stamina.

I have been trying a few weapons out but haven't put any points in skills yet. For instance the resto staff, kinds hard to tell what you gonna get till you put points in tree. Thats why I'm here asking first :)

So, I'm hoping to get some suggestions on what you all did.

Edit:
So far its:
3 for Resto Staff
1 for Sword and Board
1 for 2 Hander

Thanks for the replys so far.
Edited by Kng_Ayumayuma on April 29, 2014 9:40PM
  • tramer666
    tramer666
    Soul Shriven
    I am running with a one handed and shield and a bow, mixing range nuking and close aoe dmg, its an amazing build, currently i am 36 and i lvl by taking out groups of 4-6 mobs lvls 40-43 at reapers march since i lvlv really fast this way, i am also a vamp almost maxed which helps a lot, i use piercing armor, lightning form, surge, lightning splash and drain essence, after ill get the poison mist ill change the surge so i can do more aoe dmg while blocking and bashing targets.

for long range i use scatter and snipe from thge bow tree and from the dark i use crystal and the curse from daedric and mines so if they get close BABOOM, honestly i use the bow only on pvp when i go 1 vs 1 or when i wanna snipe from a distance or in pve when a boss have fire aoe that hurts a lot.

i use a mix of medium light and heavy 2-2-3 rings all with fire resist and you need to make sure ut max megika and stamina and health are all balanced, it took me a while to get this right and i feel this is a great build honestly i do an amazing amount of dmg and i am semi tanky so i take almost no dmg using bats and drain essence...

Sorry for the crappy english
  • Adonai_Esrey
    I myself am running with a Resto-Staff, for the extra survive-ability. I try to duo most content so the Resto-Staff insures that me and my Lady get and off heal every now and then.
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    resto staff is good option to try IMO.
    Use the heavy attack to regen power when low (untill u get better options open up), and a spot heal if desired. Its a good way to level if you all-ready prefer to play pretty ranged and heavy magic use.

A lot also like using a Bow for a secondary ranged ability that uses STA pool in stead of mag. IDK much about it I never used one.

I have tried out dual destro staffs for AoE. I use fire and shock to get advantage of multiple proc types and take advantage of mob weakness. I liked it, but I still prefer resto for more versatility and self preservation.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • Niminion
    Niminion
    ✭✭✭
    Resto staff is really great for magika builds whether you are healing or not. The 10% damage buff and magika regen on heavy attacks are perfect for sorcs. At VR1 I regen ~200 magika per heavy attack. The heals combined with sorc cc are good too and really help out against bosses and also good with pets.

This also allows you to focus on light armor passives (wear 7/7 light and max asap imo) to help both staff ability bars. Stamina dump will be dark conversion once you get it. Sliver bolts is a waste compared to the return you will get with conversion.
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    Pick up a two handed weapon. Nuke, stampede, uppercut, crave, reverse slash.

Many of the passive two handed traits also enhace spell dmg as well. They also help for some bosses
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    LadyChaos wrote: »
    resto staff is good option to try IMO.
    Use the heavy attack to regen power when low (untill u get better options open up),
    And what are these better options? :)
    Niminion wrote: »
    Resto staff is really great for magika builds whether you are healing or not. The 10% damage buff and magika regen on heavy attacks are perfect for sorcs. At VR1 I regen ~200 magika per heavy attack
    How do you get the regen, is it with passives or something?

• Niminion
    Niminion
    ✭✭✭
    Curly wrote: »
    How do you get the regen, is it with passives or something?

It is just part of the resto staff attack from the start. I only noticed it after I installed a combat text mod and saw the numbers. I probably skipped some help tip on resto staff or something in the beginning that told me.
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭

Niminion wrote: »
    It is just part of the resto staff attack from the start. I only noticed it after I installed a combat text mod and saw the numbers. I probably skipped some help tip on resto staff or something in the beginning that told me.

I didnt know that. What combat mod you using?