The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Would the new AE cap affect your decision to play ESO?

• Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    i think its hilarious that the biggest complaint for an ae cap was vamps soloing whole zergs with bat swarm, yet bat swarm isnt being changed in the new patch.
    Edited by Lowbei on April 29, 2014 4:08PM
  • Kiash
    Kiash
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Lowbei wrote: »
    Im not asking if you are quitting and im not saying that im quitting, so dont think this is an "i quit" thread. Im simply asking if this major change from the rvr gameplay style of what ill call "openfield" to what will soon be "zerg ball", would impact your decision to play ESO?

I voted yes, because it will affect how seriously I take this game once I get level cap. If the AoE cap stays in and the effect is indeed nothing but zerging and blobbing in AvA, I will move on to another game for my PvP.

I'll still play the PvE side of the game because I enjoy it to, but once I exhaust the PvE content I won't bother with AvA if it promotes nothing but zerging by having an AoE cap.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    OFC yes. i will play more. Not really. Just when they fix lolvamps. why not uncap aoe and reduce its damage? at least it would hit all again :smile:
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I bought this game for the PvP and because I was led to believe it was the "spiritual successor" of DAoC, but turtling and AoE cap isn't anywhere near the spirit of DAoC.
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    The trend of copying all the worst "features" from GW2 has made up my mind about the game.

I'm passing out my gold and items to my friends and deleting my main character tonight, and cancelling both my accounts.

I don't feel like dealing with stacking exploit cheaters in PvP and that's what this change will do.

I find it very disheartening that ZOS is encouraging people to break the TOS and cheat by making stacking/turtling exploits a thing.

This and the addition of diminishing returns across the game was the last straw for me.

Hopefully ZOS will realize that copying the worst "features" from GW2 isn't a smart move and fix some of this stuff.

Until then, I don't feel like playing GuildWars2 Scrolls Online...or Stacking Exploiters Online.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on April 29, 2014 7:44PM
  • feysgar
    feysgar
    No.
    don´t worry 85% people that vote yes will still play the game
    Edited by feysgar on April 29, 2014 9:22PM
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    feysgar wrote: »

lol i dont think you understand how polls work.

it was a simple question, and it got a simple answer. the ae cap change will directly affect most peoples decision to play ESO. try not to get butthurt about the results of a poll not going your way :)

• TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    except that siege aoe is also capped to 6.

Siege isn't capped

Indeed seige isn't capped.. Me cap hit a horde of doom with one.
    Indeed it is so...
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    FAIL!

Siege is for... siege. See what I did there? Not saying it can't be used to bust the occasional zerg, but it is really ineffective at it. It's a bit like using a screwdriver as a hammer. You can technically, but it just doesn't work as well as using a real hammer and is far more prone to injuring yourself.

WEll you need to come to me PVP server and I can train you on how to use seige the right way. I have been able to effectively one-man seige defend entire keeps with multiple seige on walls against a weak opponent.
    Edited by TheGrandAlliance on April 30, 2014 5:37AM
    Indeed it is so...
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    grandalliance i dont think you are in the position to teach anyone anything considering that someone had to educate you on gw2 siege in this thread.

in eso, siege works at chokepoints like keeps, yet zerg busting openfield with no siege is equally viable
    Edited by Lowbei on April 30, 2014 8:42PM
  • Varivox9
    Varivox9
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Yea. IMO, the PvE element is very mediocre and the only thing that ESO really had going for it, imo, was the PvP. However, with an AoE cap (that may not be "new" but is now known), I don't see why I would pay a sub fee for something that I can get from GW2....

Zergball killed GW2 PvP for me, and I won't sub to a game just to see it happen here.
  • Catches_the_Sun
    Catches_the_Sun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No...because it's not a new cap. There were a few bugged abilities that weren't following the cap that is ALREADY in place for everybody else.
    Catches-the-Sun - Argonian Templar - Master Smith, Provisioner, Chemist & Tailor
    Valaren Arobone - Dunmer Flamewalker - Master Woodworker, Provisioner, Assassin
    Kazahad - Khajiiti Arcane Archer - Master Thief
    V'orkten - Redguard Swordmaster
    Finnvardr the Frenzied - Werewolf Berzerker
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure. The change won't affect me personally since i mostly just solo or smallman. I still strongly disagree with any sort of cap though.

If my friends go, I'm gone.
    Edited by Dudis on April 30, 2014 9:02PM
  • Syndy
    Syndy
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    No, because before I bought the game i knew there was an AoE Cap (from Beta).
    If you are just now finding out that just about every AoE skill in the game has a Cap, after playing for a month, I don't know what to tell you.
    Syndy - VR14 Breton Templar
    Sacrilege
    Daggerfall Covenant

Warhammer
    Syndia - 100 Zealot, Syndai - 99 Black Guard, Cyndrana - 84 Sorceress
  • xeoneexb14_ESO
    xeoneexb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    feysgar wrote: »

Hey guess what, I'll be quitting outright if this goes through. It will kill PvP in this game and thus in turn will force ZoS to turn it into Freemium/Pay to Play. Any MMO that goes that route is crap. The good ones are the ones that can remain sub based and are worth my money as far as I'm concerned.

I don't quite think you understand how bad this is going to destroy this game if they do put this change in. I played DAoC a long time ago, they had no limit on how many targets an AoE could hit. GUESS WHAT, you had to MOVE, you stacked you died, you did the walk of shame end of discussion.

John 3:16 = For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
  • xeoneexb14_ESO
    xeoneexb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    If you are just now finding out that just about every AoE skill in the game has a Cap, after playing for a month, I don't know what to tell you.

Oh and guess what, the PvP is already screwed up as it is. They need to remove those caps, put huge diminishing returns or as someone stated in another thread, reduce the amount of damage the further you get form the initial AoE. There are many ways EASILY to fix this issue without putting limiters on everything. It's why PvP is so bad right now it's not even funny. I was in the last few beta's before release and pvp was mostly zerging, while it was fun becuase everything was fresh, it's getting stale now, all you see is huge zergs turtling. I even saw plenty of that on some of the bridges. I recommend a huge petition to remove the already in place AoE caps so they can save this game from a nasty spiral into oblivion.
    John 3:16 = For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    i don't understand the question.
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

lol its obvious that you dont know what you are talking about, since MANY skills have had no caps, and still wont have caps after the patch. you should stop making a fool of yourself in public :)
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    also the fact that people directly asked them about ae caps in interviews and they actively dodged the topic (see brian wheeler interview) then this sudden lie of "its a bug we are fixing" is laughable.

sorry that you are not intelligent enough to see past a clear lie. you must believe that wrestling is a real sport lol
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    cheese
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Holy Crap! No body reads forums. This AoE stuff has gotten out of hand. Read the developers forums. They explain that the 6 man cap HAS ALWAYS BEEN IMPLEMENTED. Only 5 abilities were not following the 6 man rule which were bugged affecting more then they should have been in the first place.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/89420/area-of-effect-abilities-maximum-target-cap-clarification/p1

• Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    NO, Even with the cap this is a very different system than GW2 has and why you zerged in GW2. In GW2 you zerged because tagging and taking objectives gave full credit and the best rewards you would move on and circle and siege an objective over defending what you owned.. That is not the system in ESO. tagging gives you a fraction of the rewards a player is worth and taking objectives does not give nearly as much as defending what you own. people are still new to this game and have the ways of GW2 stuck in their head. They will soon realize the rewards are much greater from running groups, ambushing, and skirmishes just like it was in DAOC

I do not agree with an AOE cap but I think it will have very little effect on anything
    Edited by Kewljag_66_ESO on May 1, 2014 6:08PM
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    there are abilities without 6 man caps that are not on that list, such as overload.

either you are lying or you dont know what you are talking about, im guessing the latter
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Nah, I usually don't have the opportunity to hit more than 6 guys at a time anyways.
    QQing is a full time job
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

cant fix stupid

oh well, lets see how zos responds with the patch
  • RaZaddha
    RaZaddha
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Holy Crap! No body reads forums. This AoE stuff has gotten out of hand. Read the developers forums. They explain that the 6 man cap HAS ALWAYS BEEN IMPLEMENTED. Only 5 abilities were not following the 6 man rule which were bugged affecting more then they should have been in the first place.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/89420/area-of-effect-abilities-maximum-target-cap-clarification/p1

Holy Crap! You dont read the forums! We know the *** cap is in place, the problem is that now organized guild groups will run zerg balls in the same way they run in GW2.
    Edited by RaZaddha on May 1, 2014 9:12PM
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    im done trying to explain why this is a bad thing. theres simply too many of them.

Moderator Edit: Removed part of comment for attacking another user
    Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on May 2, 2014 2:15AM
  • Keystone.Jones
    Yes.
    I am going to try and stay positive and give it a chance, but if zerg balls start popping up, then I am out.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Lowbei wrote: »
    grandalliance i dont think you are in the position to teach anyone anything considering that someone had to educate you on gw2 siege in this thread.

in eso, siege works at chokepoints like keeps, yet zerg busting openfield with no siege is equally viable

It is and it can be done. I will show you in game if must be so.
    Indeed it is so...
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    ... i just said that its easy to bomb zergs both in a siege setting and openfield with no siege, so I obviously dont need you to show me how to do anything. Besides, after you made inaccurate statements about siege earlier in this thread, I doubt anyone is asking you to show them anything lol

TheGrandAlliance wrote: »
    Mates... use siege weapons! Unlike GW2 you can build them anywhere here.

....You can build Siege anywhere in GW2

Edited by Lowbei on May 2, 2014 1:33PM