The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Veteran Armor colours... what a reward...

• nez
    nez
    ✭✭✭
    This is really depressing.
    Made some comparisson with Daedric Medium armor V10:
    h68suhdv.jpg
    HHAHAHHAHAHA OMG, aahhh oh Zenimax sure are one creative fellaz oh jeez :D
    i just remembered part of the quest: "true master would pick simple trainee sword, for he is the weapon himself", and bwah i just enchanted all my equip to purple and now i look like punk in leather jacket
    Edited by nez on May 10, 2014 10:53PM
    Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Batmaaaan
    Options
  • Ffolks
    Ffolks
    ✭✭
    It's not just dyes that they need to add to enhance the system, but also models. I vastly prefer some of the lower level armor models over the veteran ones with in a given armor style.

Fortunately in my case I prefer imperial style and there are a few disguises I can wear that share similar looks to the lower level imperial medium armors. I wear these to cover up the veteran models.

I would make a nice passive to add to crafting at 50 to be able to craft any model within a style using which ever material you wanted, so long as it was limited to lower model to higher material.
    Options
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    I think somebody spilled coffee on their keyboard when they were coding (?) in the color schemes...
    Options
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I'm not thrilled about a reward that takes bag space and doesn't give me a great accomplished feeling of saying, "I look good." :)
    Options
  • wyrdob16_ESO
    wyrdob16_ESO
    ✭✭
    I am still hoping they turn around and implement a system similarly to what Lotro has. Aka each (visible) armor piece has two slots, a "stat" and a "skin" slot. You can either only use the stat slot, the stats and skin of that piece are used. Or put another piece into the skin slot, then stats of the first and skin of the second are used.

If that was coupled with a preview function and a dye system, it might be near perfect.

That way we could make use of the rather wide array of armor styles which are there already, and mix and match to our liking. Instead of being fooled by crafting armor in the hopes of something spiffy looking and getting some brownish piece back at vet10...
    Edited by wyrdob16_ESO on May 12, 2014 3:13PM
    Options
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be fine with some of the costumes if you could turn the fugly helmets off.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
    Options
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    That you can do in settings. Turn off helmet. Agreed, there are plenty of ugly ones.
    Options
  • Nordoceltic
    Nordoceltic
    Soul Shriven
    Yah I've noticed this too. They make the armor into some puke-green/brown color when you upgrade it. All the details are the same color and pretty much everything looks like crap. Its like somebody took the textures in photoshop and slapped a dark color overlay layer on the whole thing and clicked save. This is of course AFTER the patch where they claimed there would be "improvement" in the look of upgraded armor so players would feel more rewarded about having epic loot.

I wanna take the art director who approved this armor art and give him an earful. a good 80% of people like vibrant colors, bright, and shiny, not dull, dark and some color you see in your toilet bowl!

The worst part? Dropped loot doesn't suffer the same "darkening" no matter it rarity level.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of decisions on this game that annoy me. Soon as the Destiny Beta launches I'm out.
    Options
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    As with many other MMO's since 2004, appearance slots are pretty much an expected "mandatory" feature.
    Why they didn't have appearance slots in for launch is hard to imagine. I mean seriously... it's been 10 years.. How could they not know people would want this?
    Options