Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

NB gets detected when coming out of invisibility even if hidden

dccharacter
Here's one thing that makes an NB unplayable in dungeons with grouped monsters - once engaged in combat you get detected even after going invisible. This shouldn't work that way. If you are able to sneak behind target when hidden, you should remain hidden when coming out of invisibility.
- Also, as a separate note, invisibility is often broken. Magika is spent, animation is played, but you still getting attacked like you are visible.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, Night Blade has a number of broken skills. This being the worst of the lot.
  • kelebra
    kelebra
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure it's working as intended. Otherwise it would read more like a slip away.
  • dccharacter
    That should work as a slip away. NB is a thief and a rogue, forcing it use restoration staff and heavy armor is stupid. This is an RPG after all, shell I refresh anyone's memory on what those three letter mean? So yes, the rogue should be able to hit from behind, avoid hits, disappear in shadows and blazingly fast hit with daggers. Maul, heavy armor, spells? You are kidding me?
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    That should work as a slip away. NB is a thief and a rogue, forcing it use restoration staff and heavy armor is stupid. This is an RPG after all, shell I refresh anyone's memory on what those three letter mean? So yes, the rogue should be able to hit from behind, avoid hits, disappear in shadows and blazingly fast hit with daggers. Maul, heavy armor, spells? You are kidding me?

Well, stealth attacks only work from the back half of the mob. Check on "hit from behind". There are several ways to "avoid hits", one of which is on the medium armor skill list itself. Haste isn't tied to a weapon type, so hitting "blazingly fast" with daggers is fully possible. I've also never heard of anyone being "forced to use restoration staff and heavy armor" as a nightblade.

I'm not even in fanboy mode. I honestly don't know what you are complaining about. Anyone can use any armor/weapons. If it doesn't agree with your view of the class, don't use it. I've never seen anyone "forced" to use anything.
  • R0M2K
    R0M2K
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with OP

@Xithian‌ tyred of listening the "everbody can play as they want BS"

The fact that many NB want to play medium armor+DW and CANT proves that statement is FALSE.

• Derelict
    Derelict
    Soul Shriven
    I'm a light armor + DW Nightblade. VR2. Now of course you said they can't play as medium armor ... but I'm assuming you meant that they have to play heavy armor + DW. Which is just ... wrong. It's not a fact at all.
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    R0M2K wrote: »
    Agree with OP

@Xithian‌ tyred of listening the "everbody can play as they want BS"

The fact that many NB want to play medium armor+DW and CANT proves that statement is FALSE.

While we're completely off topic from the OP...

I have played rogues in many, many MMOs. If you're trying to play an ESO rogue like a WoW rogue you're going to have problems. We are not the kings of disable, the only AoE to speak of that we have is an Ultimate which means you get to pop it once per fight (Well, twice if you're lucky and it's a long fight). Character archtypes across the board are squishier than their counterparts in other games. Tanks here don't get AoE taunts and ridiculous damage mitigation.

That said, sneak attacks in this are very powerful, and medium armor is damned near perfect for DPS. I've used it off and on. What exactly do you have problems with that make you say nightblades are forced to wear heavy armor? That's a very strong statement, seeing as heavy armor is probably the least used that I see at higher levels.
  • dccharacter
    No, what we are saying is:
    1) Race, class, weapons and armors proficiencies are not tied together as they should be.
    2) This leads to the "logical" builds (like an NB being a cat/night elf wearing medium armor and wielding blades heavily relying on shadows and dexterity or a high elf mage in light armor with staffs) being weak
    3) That also leads (and encourages) exploitation, like a NB with destro wearing heavy armor
    4) Multiply this by a limited skill bar! Like I can have around 15-20% of avoiding hits as a medium armor wearer and shadow user, I need a gap closer, and what am I left with? No magika and two slots for abilities. If you want to snare/stun your opponents, you suddenly don't have any skills slots...

I'm level 30, I most of the time don't have problems levelling and had a lot of fun in Cyradil as a part of a group, but some things in this game just kill me with absense of any logic, like SUBJ.
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    kelebra wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's working as intended. Otherwise it would read more like a slip away.

Also this. If invis functioned in that manner, a stealth character with invis potions and a little potion reuse reduction would be a god.
  • dccharacter
    Xithian wrote: »
    I have played rogues in many, many MMOs. If you're trying to play an ESO rogue like a WoW rogue you're going to have problems. We are not the kings of disable, the only AoE to speak of that we have is an Ultimate which means you get to pop it once per fight (Well, twice if you're lucky and it's a long fight). Character archtypes across the board are squishier than their counterparts in other games. Tanks here don't get AoE taunts and ridiculous damage mitigation.
    That's where my disappointment comes from, too.
    I'm a medium armor wearer and DW without using any DW abilities...

• dccharacter

Also this. If invis functioned in that manner, a stealth character with invis potions and a little potion reuse reduction would be a god.
    There's nothing bad in being a god. Here's the point: every logical build has to have a killer feature. Like in Team Fortress - you have 7 classes and all of them are fun to play. Like rock-paper-sissors. You have to be able to do at least SOMETHING.

Now I stumble upon a rocky golem or a mage, who just destroys me and I can't possibly do anything to them! On a green quest, with a mob of the same freaking level as I am! I have to be able to come up with something, but the mechanics of the game wouldn't let me - no magika, no stamina, abilities are costly, can't hide, can't avoid, so basically you just stay there and get your ass handed to you every single time.

I will repeat myself, it should be as old Dendy games - you go through the game without saves and you have to kill bosses, and it's really really hard, but if you are good, it is possible! Not in ESO, not in ESO...
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what your issue is. Like was said above, if we didn't come out of stealth when we attacked, then nothing could ever stop us. You can't possibly think that having permanent invisibility is a good thing. As it is, my Telelport Strike from stealth and behind is doing 1400 damage. This is enough to one shot some mobs even at VR6.

The problem that people are having is saying that "I want to be a siphoning nightblade" or "I want to be a shadow nightblade" when that is just ridiculous. You have multiple trees to pick from and plenty of skill points. Go through your class and weapons trees and come up with a build that works. You can't just pick all 5 skills from the dual wield line, put them on your bar, and think that you're going to be elite.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭

There's nothing bad in being a god. Here's the point: every logical build has to have a killer feature. Like in Team Fortress - you have 7 classes and all of them are fun to play. Like rock-paper-sissors. You have to be able to do at least SOMETHING.

Now I stumble upon a rocky golem or a mage, who just destroys me and I can't possibly do anything to them! On a green quest, with a mob of the same freaking level as I am! I have to be able to come up with something, but the mechanics of the game wouldn't let me - no magika, no stamina, abilities are costly, can't hide, can't avoid, so basically you just stay there and get your ass handed to you every single time.

I will repeat myself, it should be as old Dendy games - you go through the game without saves and you have to kill bosses, and it's really really hard, but if you are good, it is possible! Not in ESO, not in ESO...

Sounds like you need to adjust your strategy rather than demand they change the game to suit yours. I play a vr3 Nb in 5/2 medium/light and while i occasionally have issues with bosses, for the most part i melt faces in PvE. I havn't had a chance to figure out pvp yet as i have the slow loading asset bug, i don't realize there is a zerg charging me til they load in.....as they run away from my corpse.
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    Concealed Weapon lands what, a 4.5 sec stun? Me in my crummy (dps-wise) sword and board land hits with that for ~1200. For anything in the 2000 hp range (normal vet mobs, a fair number of players) I can follow this up with a single heavy attack to get them in the "low health" area for Killer's Blade. This combo uses zero stamina, and landing a killing blow with Killer's Blade sets up some nice mana regen as I turn to the next target.

From there I'm free to melt through my stamina bar while leeching life to finish of whatever was left standing.

How much more rogue-like do you want?
  • dccharacter
    sounds good