The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The social aspect of the game

frosty929
frosty929
Soul Shriven
At first I found it realy awkward trying to make friends and generaly communicating with other players in ESO.
The only way i could realy manage to make friends was to create groups outside dungeons and chat with the players while going through it. I now have a couple of contacts that will help with quests etc, but realy i want to craft a team of people who all chat regularly and end up strong enough to compete in the hardest of ESO challenges. Does anyone belong to a groups that chats with headsets? Does the game have a function that supports this? I hope ESO has challenges tough enough to requires in battle communication, and some actual human interaction if spending a large amount of time on this game is somewhat appealing :)
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    i too am looking for a social group that uses TS3 preferably, but i don't want to be obligated as i like to do most of the content solo at the minute,and i live in the UK and play 4 days a week, i have looked at a few guilds recruiting both online through google and also the sub forum here for guild recruitment too but not seen what i am looking for as of yet
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • frosty929
    frosty929
    Soul Shriven
    I've created a guild today with the long term goal of making a super team of people who have gotten to know each other while playing throughout the game. I also like to generaly like to do the questing parts of the game solo, but also spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out how i actualy make friends because of the long term objective
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly as I see it the guild-based economy has perverted the entire concept of guilds as leveling and social groupings of 'friends'. It's a real shame.
  • Morthur
    Morthur
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Morthur on April 28, 2014 12:05PM
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Sadly as I see it the guild-based economy has perverted the entire concept of guilds as leveling and social groupings of 'friends'. It's a real shame.

I really don't see it like that cos you have your big trading guilds and then 'normal' guilds. If you want human interaction around something else than buying and selling crap then join another type of guild. Easy as that.

Being in a guild can be one of the most fun parts of an MMO but ppl and their styles/personalities have to 'click', you can't force it having only the 'I wanna make best friends FOR LIFE' kinda attitude, just need to see how it turns out with ppl that at the start are complete strangers to you. And not every guild is for everyone, not everyone always have the same ideas and mentalities.

Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade