Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

How should I build my Healing Templar

Alestair
Alestair
✭✭
I prefer light armor... Right now I use Rapid regeneration,Ritual of rebirth,Honour the dead,Harness magicka,Inner light. Im lvl 45 and I really don't have problems dieing in group pvp when I barely have any points into health and stamina..at 45 i have 34 points put into magicka and it seems whenever i use honor the dead, I can only cast it twice and im out of magicka.. All my armor is Enchanted with Magicka, I know ive reached softcap.. but again, i rarely have problems dieing when in a gank squad or large scale pvp, but it seems I just don't have the magicka/mana to keep even one person alive.. So what should I do? Avoid healing and go straight to Tanking or DPS? Some of the things in restoration staff are pointless such as the AOE Heals as they take more magicka than rapid regeneration and i can at least heal up to 3 people with rapid regeneration as i can cast it probably 7 times. where as honour the dead is one of the best heals but uses WAY too much magicka...I already got a Sorc to 50, well that was a week ago... I wanted to be a pure healer...but being this...i just dont see it being very helpful as it doesn't really change much if i dont have the magicka to do much...
  • Drekor
    Drekor
    ✭✭
    In your entire post you don't mention using restoration heavy attack... it's by FAR your best way to regenerate magicka. It's absolutely as a Templar to use it unless you can coordinate spell symmetry use with a buddy. If you don't want to use resto heavy attack your only option for a pure healer is really just a sorc and they have less than half a templars healing power.

I also don't see extended/purifying ritual mentioned. In any sort of even remotely static fight you should have this down. With focused healing passive it's +30% healing which is huge.

You are using terrible morphs on your spells as well. First off Breath of Life is a significantly better and more efficient heal than honor the dead and is an AoE heal. You also use Ritual of rebirth when lingering is much better although to be honest unnecessary unless you really need to push efficiency.

Harness magicka is utter trash and shouldn't be on your bar. You also don't seem to realize in many cases the best way to keep people alive is to stop incoming damage. You have a lot of options as a templar but to name the best: Binding Javelin to knock people down, Volcanic Rune to knock multiple people down and Eclipse to have spell casters kill themselves.
  • Alestair
    Alestair
    ✭✭
    Drekor wrote: »
    In your entire post you don't mention using restoration heavy attack... it's by FAR your best way to regenerate magicka. It's absolutely as a Templar to use it unless you can coordinate spell symmetry use with a buddy. If you don't want to use resto heavy attack your only option for a pure healer is really just a sorc and they have less than half a templars healing power.

I also don't see extended/purifying ritual mentioned. In any sort of even remotely static fight you should have this down. With focused healing passive it's +30% healing which is huge.

You are using terrible morphs on your spells as well. First off Breath of Life is a significantly better and more efficient heal than honor the dead and is an AoE heal. You also use Ritual of rebirth when lingering is much better although to be honest unnecessary unless you really need to push efficiency.

Harness magicka is utter trash and shouldn't be on your bar. You also don't seem to realize in many cases the best way to keep people alive is to stop incoming damage. You have a lot of options as a templar but to name the best: Binding Javelin to knock people down, Volcanic Rune to knock multiple people down and Eclipse to have spell casters kill themselves.

Thank you! , Im not very well good at healing.....in any game actually...So uhh..How does a heavy attack regenerate magicka? and one last thing.. the next update harness magicka is being boosted to 100% instead of 50%..

• Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The final hit of the heavy attack on the restro staff gives back 10% magicka. Honor the dead is a last ditch hail mary ability meant to be used on people about to die. You get some magicka back if the person receiving the heal is under 50% health....

plus that magicka return I believe is still bugged not giving the magicka back cause it does the health check after the heal applies.

I have to say that breath of life morph is an AMAZING ability it heals 3 people for a LOT. Other than that healing in this game doesn't really seem to have any "fun" abilities. Though purifying light the backlash morph is a lot of fun it increases damage and applies a heal afterwards which is helpful.
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    I'd focus on healing at a little bit later levels (past 10 at least) to get some good offense going until you are comfy with a templar. After that stock up.