The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hot Topic AOE limit of 6. Brian Wheeler Interview on AOE damage in PVP

Yshaar
Yshaar
✭✭✭
I am with you all and your concerns that a limitation of AOE spells in PVP is problematic (see GW2), unfortunately I did not test it yet. You guys all behave like there WAS NO limit yet. Well...maybe there is? Is there any proof.

For what it is worth, some of you claim that you were promised some things about this topic. Here is what was said:

Are you going to make sure that AOE skills will be strong enough to help small and coordinated groups fend off larger and less organized groups? That'd totally be the B Wheels I know and love if so.

I can say that Siege weaponry and the like have been adjusted to help make this a possibility (and in fact was proven as a legitimate tactic at Chalman Keep during Beta), and we are always balancing our abilities across the board to find the right population and skill ratio so small groups and large groups are effective in the open field. As Elder Scrolls Online will receive updates through out it's lifetime, there will be many passes at skills, weapons, armor and abilities that will benefit everyone both small and large, open field or not, in PvE and PVP.

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/132215-dec-18th-4pm-est-exclusive-qa-with-zenimax-studios-pvp-developer-brian-wheeler/page-8

He talked about SIEGE WEAPONS.

Now discuss away...
  • prana33b14_ESO
    prana33b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What do you think this statement means exactly?
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish siege weapons do maybe 2x the damage what they are currently doing. It seems they have no effect on high level vets or zerg groups...
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was specifically asked about AoE skills, and responded with Siege Weapons and the like ....

What do you think "And the like" means?

• Sirlex
    Sirlex
    ✭✭✭
    Elder Siege Online
  • rendolpheb16_ESO
    rendolpheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot rely on siege weapon. For me siege weapon are there to siege castle. When I need real PvP in open field I don't want to see any of my team members to use a siege weapon. It spoiled the fight.

''Only coward will use siege weapon in an glorious open field battle''.

Now I would like too see a dev statement that will meet our expectation about the AoE cap. The recent news on AoE cap in PTS let the majority of people perplex and negative for ESO PvP futur.

This poll is a really good indicator on how bad this news is received.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/88049/do-you-think-there-should-be-an-aoe-cap/p1
    For Templar PvP video check my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/RendolpheGamer
  • SloDeth
    SloDeth
    Its called Siege crutching... and it should have no place in an open field PvP fight.
  • crimsonBZD
    crimsonBZD
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I don't know what game ya'll are playing talking about seige like that.

Or maybe ya'll are on the team that doesn't have any keeps all the time in AB, but I see people in AD all the time pull out ice/lightning ballistae and corpse catapults on the open battlefield.

Do it when you know a Zerg is coming in a few moments and barrage the crap outta them so your foot soldiers are fighting perpetually snared enemies and the like.

Now, if you see half the group you're running with pull out flam trebs on the battefield, just leave them to their deaths.
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember that the change was implemented on the public test server. Lets hope the results of the PvP there is just massive zerging. That way the change will never come to the live version
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • xentek_ESO
    NTclaymore wrote: »
    Remember that the change was implemented on the public test server. Lets hope the results of the PvP there is just massive zerging. That way the change will never come to the live version

I always assume that anything on the PTR will go live unless someone makes an active choice to remove it.