The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Beard and Hair Growth: A Plea.

Kosken
Kosken
Soul Shriven
http://redd.it/23ymyv

The character creation options in this game are truly top notch, nobody can deny that, but...

Basically, what I want is more selections for beards. Big badass glorious bushy beards. There currently is 1 actual beard option for most races (it seems that Nords have a few more). The rest are goatees or patches or stubbles. It's been pointed out in the comments of this topic that we as players would also like to see 'adornment' options outside of facial hair, and facial hair options separated into sideburns, beards, and mustache. Each race should be able to customize their hair, and their other racial features separately, such as horns, spikes, piercings, or whatever makes them racially unique.
Edited by Kosken on April 26, 2014 2:44AM
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this
  • Avalanche
    Avalanche
    AGREED!!!
  • Kreager
    Kreager
    ✭✭✭
    YeaH where is the Sai Beard??
  • Brodycanuck
    Yes, I hate when MMOs leave out the option for big epic beards.
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But please, not for the females!
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • radbluepreub18_ESO
    This thread needs more beard../signed
  • nightow78
    nightow78
    ✭✭
    Yes please I really want a ZZ Top beard on my DK.
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    Take out the petition part and make it a poll or you run the risk of a lock. Just fyi.
  • Drakonklenok
    Drakonklenok
    ✭✭✭
    Willow wrote: »
    Take out the petition part and make it a poll or you run the risk of a lock. Just fyi.

That.

I fully support the intent of this thread.

• UnderMotion
    Every character I see with a long beard has the exact same one as my character. +1
  • chitlinchild_ESO
    I support this cause.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't like petitions 'round here, but this does sound cool.
  • monkeyfrog653b14_ESO
    monkeyfrog653b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Sounds awesome!
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1, also it would be nice if adornment options for females could be separated out a bit along similar lines, some of the earrings are nice but the headband thing that comes with is horrible (or vice versa in some cases!)
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • RasconTwo
    RasconTwo
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed! Made a Nord specifically for the man sized beard. I think the best idea in all of this is to separate beard from the adornment slider. It'd be pretty sweet to be able to pick about 3 different adornments.

I want war paint and scars!
  • Stax
    Stax
    A Barber/Stylist and regular additions to hairstyles and beards would be awesome.

or get crazy and have actual hair growth... if you log off for months at a time you return and look like Jesus or Gandalf.
  • ttwinklerub17_ESO
    Definitely cosmetic add
    put a barbershop/tattoo parlor in so people can mod character look over time
  • t.j.ribbenseb17_ESO
    Agreed!
  • Bangstin
    Bangstin
    ✭✭✭
    We should also have different back hair options.
  • BelowAverage
    BelowAverage
    ✭✭
    I just want one damn normal beard. Not a homeless man beard, or a billion different *** soul patches, but ONE REGULAR BEARD!!!!
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    I also use unshaved style, not beards.. but I wish I had that option to get them just a bit longer.. a bit, not much... heavy unshaved (almost 2 weeks) lol

I dont like beards for me, but a bit of a more choice would be great.
    Edited by Perseas on April 26, 2014 7:26AM
  • tcale89
    tcale89
    Soul Shriven
    I too want a glorious beard.
  • vontariel
    vontariel
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlgbKIswpzI

But seriously! More beards = better. Also more long hair.
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigger, Longer And Uncut

We definitely need more big beard options.

+1 and not shaving in real life until we have beard parity in ESO. :p
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • Pablozfzw
    Pablozfzw
    As a proud beard wearer myself (in real life, and in game), i join this noble cause of making TESO more hairy.

We want more of them, more bushy beards, more trimmed beards, beards with braids, long beards, and short beards, beards of all kind need to be properly represented in TESO.
  • b101uk
    b101uk
    ✭✭✭
    You can’t have big bushy beards or long “wizard” type beards, due to all the clipping issues (no pun intended) it would cause with helmets or other items in the case of long beards.
  • Rox83
    Rox83
    ✭✭✭
    Yes plz~!
  • mattias.snakeb16_ESO
    I want my toon to be able to grow a neckbeard.
  • AlliN
    AlliN
    ✭✭✭
    The character creation options in this game are truly top notch, nobody can deny that, but...

It's poor in comparsion to contemporary MMO.
    IF a RPG game has less option than space mmo, where you don't see your character at all, that's bad. If it's worse than the single player games it's based on, it's even worse.

Check EVE creator, check f2p Star Trek Online, check Dlack Desert creator, ESO is nothing in comparsion. It's a good game in many areas, but NOT in the character creation part.
    Edited by AlliN on April 26, 2014 1:37PM
  • Redegaus
    Redegaus
    Solution - IRL Beard. I laugh at the pitiful facial hair available to my in game avatars in comparison.