Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Could a 5th stage of vampirism "solve" the vampire problem?

• reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This could be a solution.
    oldkye wrote: »
    Wouldnt this do nothing but make them MEGA op for 24 hours, then they would simply feed when the time is almost up? Want to fix vampires? Give them sun damage at all stages! Or even if they dont outright take damage at day time, make them much MUCH weaker during day. Like no regen of any kind at stage 4 and higher damage taken from all types. They are creatures of the night and that should mean something!

Also to combat vampires they could just buff fighters guild. Give all fg skills a new unresistable damage type like "sun damage" that is 50% stronger against deadra/undead. That way even if they put all fire resist on their gear they wont be able to counter vampire hunters and that is how it should be. Predator > prey not prey > predator. Make the vampires fear a fully decked out fg member!
    Okay, but then we need a way to pick out fighter's guild members, they have a way to pick us out of a crowd, why should they just blend in AND be super OP against us?

Since vampire hunters are technically just human(though in reality here you can be a vampire and a vampire hunter) they really shouldn't be distinguishable from a crowed however they can be seen the same way non-fighters guild players see vampires by their abilities.

Once they start throwing out silver bolts should be pretty clear they have that what could be fun is a ability to smell non-vampires by their blood giving them a red highlight or something and to expand letting werewolfs and vampires be able to smell each others too this would be a significant plus in PvP and also make for great roll playing and sense of brotherhood.

I can see how that sensing thing could work. Kind of like how the detect life spells worked in the other elder scrolls games.
  • Hail_Sithis
    Hail_Sithis
    ✭✭
    This is the greatest nonsense i've ever heard.
    All that needs to be done is "rebalancing" how ultimate reduction stacking from items and stage 4 works alongside devouring swarm, and the amount of health drained per target (Draining three people should not make you immortal.), and allowing the use of it to heal you while misted.

One should not be firing off Bat swarm at a higher frequency than a Nightblade fires off Death Stroke.

Otherwise there really isn't any viable arguments against Vampirism (Dragonknights should laugh at mist form.), except that werewolves are a joke right now.
    Edited by Hail_Sithis on April 30, 2014 12:04PM
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
  • Hail_Sithis
    Hail_Sithis
    ✭✭
    This is the greatest nonsense i've ever heard.
    Hodorius wrote: »
    This is so nonsens!
    Forcing an Edward to drink blood in order to not become weak...
    Where the hell did this idea come from?

Everyone knows that blood is poisonous for Edwards and if they avoid that they become stronger and stronger...

Double posting as a necessary evil. I just want to say I hate you, and everything about you just because of this post.

Edited by Hail_Sithis on April 30, 2014 12:06PM
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens