Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

When the entire server goes vamp...

• Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    They should add a Van Helsing questline that gives us Vampire and Werewolf hunters some added abilities to deal with them abominations ...
    ;-)

Yeah because clearly werewolves need more weaknesses, as if they weren't crappy enough.
  • DerEwige
    DerEwige
    Soul Shriven
    Hey I’d like to add my 5 cents to the discussion.

I’m a vampire player myself. I agree that right now a vampire with the right combination of skills and items is too strong. The main problem is how far down you can bring the cost for your ultimate.

But actually that is not because of the vampire skills it’s because of a design flaw how percentage cost reduction is implemented.

Right now percentage based cost reductions get added up. That is really bad, because if you have enough sources for cost reduction you could reach zero.
    Right now a vampire player gets 60% ulti reduction from stage 4 vampirism,
    20% from Dragon set, 3% from Seducer Set and another 15% if he is a sorcerer.

That’s 60%+20%+15%+3% = 98% reduction on ultimate cost. That makes the ulti cost only 4 ultimate.

(Note: There is currently a bug, so that the vampirism buff only works when you reached the vampirism state while in the zone, as soon as you switch zoon the buff does not work any more)

If there were one more source of ulti cost reduction you could make the ultimate totally free. This is really bad.

But it’s not the problem of the vampires!

Percentage based cost reduction should always be multiplied and not added up.

It should be like this: (1-0.6)*(1-0.2)*(1-0.15)*(1-0.03) = 0.264
    This way, the max reduction would only be 73.6% instead of 98%

TL;DR

The problem with the cheap vampire ultimate is not a vampire problem but a design flaw.
    Change the way percentage based cost reduction is handled from adding up to multiplying and the worst part of the problem is solved. (fine tuning might still be necessary)
  • knaveofengland
    knaveofengland
    ✭✭✭
    have you thought of one other reason players going vampire might be the television rammed down our throats , I mean we have vampires in just about every thing, there are counters against them , things change
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wish the werewolf skill line was more viable, I'm hoping they buff it in the future.
    I think the issue with vampire is the fact that ultimate reduction gear is additive.. change the formula some and there won't be 4 cost ultimates and whatnot.

I think they're fine personally, I don't PvP though. PvE mobs can be a real pain as half the casters tend to deal fire damage, so it sort of balances out.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    When I was planning how to play ESO, I thought vampires will have a small population, but the media, movies and other entertainment gave not me any chance. Nice to feel myself as part of a small group of fans, but not be part of the crowd.
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    They should add a Van Helsing questline that gives us Vampire and Werewolf hunters some added abilities to deal with them abominations ...
    ;-)

Dawnguard!! Bring the Dawnguard to ESO. In all seriousness, that would be pretty sweet and could have some more abilities to counter the vamps. I think we can all agree weres need a buff. Then they too can be counter-worthy. Also, it could be exclusive to players who were not infected with Vampirism or Lycanthropy for roleplay, lore, and balance reasons.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You ask me why I play vampire... my answer to you is why are you NOT playing it? In every darn story that ever was made you always ended up behing a good guy despite your morality. Well it happens ESO let you be THE bad guy who only cares about how much power he can claim. Why not be the dark vampire overlord when you are already sick of the stupid ''im a good guy I will save the world yet again'' and want to rather say ''I will kick the ass of that idiot and then we will see whos the greater of two evils when i rule his realm''. Molag Bal should pay me rent to rule in coldharbor. To hell with the plot im not saving the world for some unworthy leader to rule it im saving it so I can conquer it for myself.

TREEEEEMBLE before meeeeeeee! (laugh maniacaly)
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 28, 2014 6:33PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »
    I still see more "normies" than vamps(at least on Wabbajack).

However, I didn't see the current rise in the vamp population until after most of the Werewolf players realized how bad it is. Then most of them switched over to being a vamp.

Vampires and Werewolves have always been popular regardless of which movie, game, or etc they may be in. Unless you make these lines completely useless(see: Werewolf), you will not see a major decline in popularity.

You must be a DC or AD... because as an EP I see them all the bloody time in DC and AD. I see a few vamps in EP but compared to all the bat swarms we've had to deal with lately.
    Harbinger of The Black Wolves.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
    Tyra Ravenheim - Templar (newly rerolled)
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well vampires have a passive that decreases damage taken when they drop below a certain hp percentage, basically a lifeline. The mist form is powerful too because it is bugged and actually makes your character untargetable and increases movement speed when it is just supposed to decreases damage taken and make you immune to heals. See, vampires have more valuable lifelines than werewolves.

Of course they do, they're undead and starving for blood. I see no problem in this when you look at it from a lore standpoint. They should have lifelines. Werewolves should just be terrifying beasts that will claw you to shreds...FAST. That's what they are.

And I don't think the mist form + ultimate should be touched at all. Plenty of other ultimates allow you to do other moves while your ultimate is going on (DK Standard comes to mind here). Vampires should be left alone, just make fighters guild line stronger, fix werewolves, and that'll add some balance.
    Ebonheart Pact
    GM of Secret Order of Sotha Sil
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    NB Healer - Hist-and-Honey
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

For ESO builds & guides: http://www.ChimneySwift11.com
    YouTube: youtube.com/ChimneySwift11
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/chimneyswift11
    Facebook Gaming: http://www.fb.gg/ChimneySwift11
  • nez
    nez
    ✭✭✭
    I have to step in, for the rights of humanity so to say. I dont really enjoy vamp thing too(and yeah they gimped ww to the bone) cos, whatever u say about mist form or bats there are few thing u should always consider: it is counterable if you are in middle sized pvp, it is hardly counterable if you are in large or (mostly) wtf sized pvp. First of all its get harder to detect vamp in mist form cos there's like 23423 hud effects all around not to mention lags and freezes, and when he starts to pop with bats some guys who doesnt aware they should step off will feed him just fine, and those are masses. This night EU server Auriels Bow witnessed ex-empess of DC equipped one hand with shield, doing this rusty combo and being unkillable, hp's wasnt going down at all, w/e that guy was kicked down by silver bolts or not (btw it was epic, have to learn). Oh, and about silvet bolts, they help, like alot, im being AD player and we withstood great deal of fight against EP and DC just using it, knock down is damn helpfull.
    Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Batmaaaan
  • ElSlayer
    ElSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to create Redguard character and call him "Blade". And yes, he will be Vampire too.
    @d0e1ow: There is no singular thing within a game's little ecosystem that will convince you that you hate the game, hate your life, and hate everyone around you faster than the game's official forums will.

@TaffyIX: Life is too short to get upset by a video game.
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    ElSlayer wrote: »
    I'm going to create Redguard character and call him "Blade". And yes, he will be Vampire too.

But your "Blade" will be a white guy.... since the Pale for vamps is down right crazy. @_@

Edited by Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO on April 29, 2014 6:05AM
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    Klimarov wrote: »
    mist form is not OP and the Ultimate no longer heals you while in mist form. asides from that neither of them are spammable. So relax and look for some one else to hit with a nerf stick. WW though can clearly use a buff stick.

Ummm what? Mist form and bats are both spammable. In pvp everyone is running around at stage 4 making both of those skills super cheap. The ultimate can be reduced to cost 4 ultimate points which makes it very spammable. Mist form also receives a huge cost reduction making it spammable.

They need to rework the feeding system and cost reductions. A fed vamp should be stronger than a hungry vamp anyway and right now that's not the case. You're much stronger at stage 4.

Bat swam cost 80 ultimate, elusive mist is the same argument as bolt escape.

Also the feeding is fine if you don't feed you get cheaper vampire abilities but -75% hp regain

lol -75% hp regen, so harmful to poor vamps, especially the ones with templar/DK/Devouring swarm builds... like the -75% could not even be there as it's a non factor for the LA builds that can spam self heals... the -75% could be harmful if that was a penalty on healing received from all sources, including self heals, but as it is, it's just a plainly laughable argument. Same goes for that OMG -50% fire rez, where you get 75% dmg mitigation in mist form, additional dmg mitigation that stacks, when you drop below 50%HP and a single ring that can give you like additional 35%+ fire rez... plz... no jokes.

There IS A VERY VALID reason why the top PvP players go for builds like:

1) LA DK Vampire with Standard ult and Shield bash
    2) LA templar vampires with devouring swarm ult and Shield bash
    3) LA Sorc vampires with devouring swarm

-or-

go straight LA sorc with bolt escape morphs

PvP balance is a complete mess, it starts with stamina builds being generally underwhelming vs magicka builds and then it goes further due to lack of balancing and fixing things that were available only to the closed beta.

In PvE these skill lines or even combos might not be as strong as in PvP, because creatures are immune to snares, stuns and some other effects and they can target players in certain conditions (for example in mist form), while other players cannot.

Also NPCs regen to full HP if you take them too far from their spawn point, so kiting indefinitely is not an option for PvE content if you want to beat it.
    Edited by Phoenix99 on April 29, 2014 5:07PM
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »
    Andy22 wrote: »
    The ultimate can be reduced to cost 4 ultimate points which makes it very spammable.

NOTE: The screenshot showing "4" as cost was "supposedly" photo-shopped, the real number seems to-be around "44". If u can "verify" the "4" number plz show it in a video, if possible.

No, the number "4" was calculated to be entirely possible. Im not arguing against math.

On the emperor who is one person out of thousands. Please stop

Also Dragon set makes 80 then 20% cheaper makes 68
    5% bonus from emperor buff makes 61
    20% from ritual mundus stone makes 49

There is your math 49 ultimate

you have also items that reduce the flat cost, like i got hands on a medallion that decreases a cost of an ultimate by 15 points.
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    blackwolf7 wrote: »
    Such crybabies deserve to choose a more simplier game than eso. It is very easy to deal with vampires even if they are spammjng ult / mistform if you know what you are doing. You are just being outplayed by these guilds of vamp nothing more.

Rly ? If there is one person that wipes 30 people in 5 seconds, i really believe its broken my friend.. That person did what the emperor needed for points in Cyradiil in 1 week... ( almost twice )