Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Werewolf Ultimate bugged? Pack leader

Vraneon
Vraneon
✭✭✭
I don't know if I'm the only one, but besides the fact, that werewolfs are a lot weaker then vampires, mainly in pvp vampires have a massive advantage, the werewolf ultimate is bugged for me.

Now I didn't have the problems when my ultimate wasn't morphed, but after I morphed it to pack leader, the big white wolf >:D , my transformation is not working properly.

I get interrupted a lot by basic skills from enemies or even when I stand beneath an enemy who does not see me. It seems absolutely random. If I manage to transform which happens like every 5th try I stay in that form for like 5-10 seconds and then become human again. The funny thing is the game thinks still I'm a werewolf and wont let me weapon swap for example. The only thing I can do is to take out the ultimate so I 'invisibly' transform back to human form. That means I glow red for 3 seconds and can weapons swap again.

Now I wanted to know if anyone else has this bug and if this is only the pack leader morph? I even sent a bug report two times but nothing happend.
I feel like being a werewolf is only a disadvantage for me, if there wasn't the passive ability of faster ultimate gain and the hope it gets fixed, I would have probably cured myself already.
  • nijino
    nijino
    second this post literally to the "T"
  • Vraneon
    Vraneon
    ✭✭✭
    sry I don't understand your comment
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vraneon wrote: »
    sry I don't understand your comment

He agrees with everything you said, down to the very letter.
    Alas I'm not a werewolf, so I can't provide much effective feedback about it.
  • Vraneon
    Vraneon
    ✭✭✭
    Ah ok, ty!
  • GunemCleric
    GunemCleric
    ✭✭✭
    i got packleader and yes there is something wrong, same issues and error messages.

I also think there is something wrong with the ultimate as it goes form 99% to 0 for no apparent reason.

I am starting another thread for that, but wondering if it is related.
    Gunerm Cleric ~ Dragon Knight, Tank ~ vr14
    Cruleg Nimec ~ Dragon Knight, DPS ~ vr14
    Gunem Cleric ~ Templar, Heals ~ vr3
    Cleric Gunem ~ Sorcerer, TBD ~ vr1
    Daggerfall Covenant (only) ~ NA
    Guts n Glory & Guts n Glory EOC ~ Guildmaster ~ GnG ~ MMO Dark Guild
    Daggerfall Cosa Nostra ~ Founder ~ DCN ~ DC guild leaders only (no cross faction PvP guilds)
  • Vraneon
    Vraneon
    ✭✭✭
    The other morph and werewolf basic ultimate are also a bit bugged, but the packleader seems to be especially very bad working, I wonder why?

Can you post a link to your thread, I'm having a bit problems finding stuff in this forum ^^.
  • nijino
    nijino
    yes, its bugged to hell, beserker works atleast, as far as bleed and attack speed im not sure, but now im mad i morphed, now most times i cant even use my ability, its a dead ultimate.
  • kungfucolin
    I've had precisely the same problem with the Pack Leader Skill. I've respecced between Berserker and Pack Leader a few times now, and Berserker is fine, Pack Leader is bugged.

The same 'invisible' transformations, the same transformations that last about 4-10 seconds then randomly shift you back to human etc.
  • longbow66
    longbow66
    I also experience this issue, it became obvious when I became packleader. I'll stay in werewolf form for a second to a few seconds, and then poof, I'm back. Also, I've had the same bug with WW and the "Dragon Leap" ability where I'll be stuck like Quasimodo hunched over, unable to do anything, except run away and wait for 20-30 seconds for the ability to "time out" (thus wasting the ability).
  • Faffrd
    Faffrd
    WW is incredibly bugged. You work so hard to get your ultimate up just to transform and WITHOUT the bug you don't get the form that long, now with the pack leader bug you damned sure don't get long. Usually it lasted around 1/4 of my timer bar, but just this last few minutes, I grind my ultimate, finally get it, get to a place where I can try and grind my ww skill the 3 levels I need to 10. Pull off my transformation, and *** INSTANTLY red flash, human form. This time I stayed with the red aura longer than normally. Dunno how long it would have lasted cause I rage quitted. PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS. Hell I'm broke all the damned time and can't afford the 6100 gold to respec.
  • Vraneon
    Vraneon
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it gets fixed now with the new big patch. I reskilled for 14k and morphed to berserk and it was was bugged less, but still I couldn't weapon swap a few times, sometimes I couldn't use any abilities/skills after the transformation was over and once I even got stuck in the middle of the transformation. Looked really funny because I had gigantic, furry arms and was running around like frankestein :D
  • dpgirl
    dpgirl
    ✭✭
    I've had this happen a few times and I haven't even morphed my ultimate into anything yet... it acts like I change, i get the WW bar, but my character stays the same, but I cannot attack in any way except bashing... I did notice if i hit my ultimate again, i seem to be able to change myself back without having to wait... but lose all my ultimate of course.

I kinda wanted WW as a fun add-on and RP aspect, even though I suck at it since I'm a pure Magicka based character... but it seems extremely buggy.
  • strongoakb14a_ESO
    strongoakb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am so done with Werewolf for now, I have been Rank 10 for 3 weeks, Pack Leader was glitched so I reported this exact bug you mention back then. So I then spent 12k at the time respecing and choosing bezerker. Zenimax acknowledged me in my bug ticket so I know they know about the issue causing you to shift back, but the game thinks you are still a werewolf until you use your utlimate again and it just shifts you back. I loved being the white wolf and I was willing to wait on them making changes to werewolf. But today (the 4th patch since my bug report) and this is it:

"Werewolf
    Fixed an issue that would cause some werewolves to retain the speed boost indefinitely."

So after paying to respec 3 times now after patches for over 50k combines gold to see if Pack Leader was fixed and Zenimax knowing its bugged and doing nothing I cured werewolf for almost another 700 Gold and went vampire. I am not a "sky is falling" type person and I dont shout out "unsubscribed" because I know launch can be stressful and no matter how much you prepare things can happen, but not only is werewolf poorly designed to start with but of the 3 bugs affecting werewolves the only one they choose to fix is the speed glitch, which has happened to me once and from what I've read if you die its gone, if you change zones its gone, if you enter a dungeon to zone its gone, if you teleport via wayshrine its gone. The one time it happened to me I fell to my death from not stopping in time at a cliff and when I rezzed, yep speed was gone. Very sad they fix one thing simply because a few people were zipping around in PvP super fast (not even vampire fast mind you) but totally ignore: Pack Leader not working and Devour not always extending transformation time. YEP I have stop watched it and know that for some reason only the first Devour counts. How did I test:

Shifted in coldharbour (someone started stop watch), kill kill kill (no devour). Built up ultimate, went back to same mobs shifted, devoured (got another 17 seconds shifted). Again built up Ultimate, repeated, ate 3 bodies (got another 16 seconds)

I am not sure how long devour is supposed to extend your shift, but eating 3 bodies shouldnt equal the same or less time. I am not saying its 1 second less, its just what the human holding the stop watch got. I cough up 1 second to human error but the fact devouring more than 1 corpse has no effect = bug. Not to mention if you eat anywhere from 3-7 corpses you cant even choose DEVOUR anymore.

Edited by strongoakb14a_ESO on May 5, 2014 2:59PM
  • Locksoli
    Locksoli
    ✭✭
    Apparently theres a whole bunch of bugs with werewolves. Like freezing up when You pounce, though that can be remedied by using a potion. apparently berserkers are supposed to be black with red eyes... but that seems to be bugged as well...
  • ravendt_ESO
    Having the same problem still with Werewolf Pack Leader.
  • PurpleFox
    PurpleFox
    ✭✭✭
    Vraneon wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm the only one, but besides the fact, that werewolfs are a lot weaker then vampires, mainly in pvp vampires have a massive advantage, the werewolf ultimate is bugged for me.

Now I didn't have the problems when my ultimate wasn't morphed, but after I morphed it to pack leader, the big white wolf >:D , my transformation is not working properly.

I get interrupted a lot by basic skills from enemies or even when I stand beneath an enemy who does not see me. It seems absolutely random. If I manage to transform which happens like every 5th try I stay in that form for like 5-10 seconds and then become human again. The funny thing is the game thinks still I'm a werewolf and wont let me weapon swap for example. The only thing I can do is to take out the ultimate so I 'invisibly' transform back to human form. That means I glow red for 3 seconds and can weapons swap again.

Now I wanted to know if anyone else has this bug and if this is only the pack leader morph? I even sent a bug report two times but nothing happend.
    I feel like being a werewolf is only a disadvantage for me, if there wasn't the passive ability of faster ultimate gain and the hope it gets fixed, I would have probably cured myself already.

Here's my favorite link to all the bugs they wont ever fix..
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/73523/the-werewolf-is-riddled-with-bugs

And heres my rant on the subject...
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/93363/werewolfs-and-wtf-zenimax

A bit late to the party here...but welcome to werewolf club i guess, the buggiest club around!
    IGN: Sophie Daedric-Heart
    Class: Night-Blade
    Pack Master of Hircine's Wolfpack
    Don't Sell the gift, instead, give the gift.
  • dionysos_tomasb16_ESO
    dionysos_tomasb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, Pack leader is definitely bugged :

We are 2 players : 1 with morph berserker, 1 with morph Pack leader.

The Berserker usually has little to no trouble with his ultimate.
    The Pack Leader : the transformation works for 1 to 5 seconds and reverts back to human with ultimate counter to 0. Nearly impossible to use it and so to level it at low level wolf.... Only once over 10 tries, I got a kill validated under the transformation... Worse : when ultimate is not available (not filled) it even starts the transformation but stop and reset your ultimate counter to 0.

With PackLeader up for 1 to 5 seconds, not able to use Pounce while beeing at the correct distance of the mob (the skill is up but doesn't do anything). While it used to be working with no morph on the WW ultimate.