Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Armor Regen Rates And Armor Class

GhostRunner521
I play an Imperial Nightblade with the following setup of skills located here.

My second bar I can't decide on yet. I am an offensive minded character and I really don't use sneak. I like to wade into the middle of the enemies and fight.

Currently I use 5 heavy and 2 medium armor. I see that if I were to go full medium I could obtain a better stamina regen rate. What I am uncertain of is how more squishy a player is in medium vs heavy and if I stick with heavy can I make up for that lack of stamina regen in some other form?

I find it a bit hard to determine from in game what one piece of armor does for me over the other. Also on medium armor is the percentage of stamina you get back based on the total maximum stamina your character has or has currently available?
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    U mainly go for medium armor on a weapon crit based build. The sta regen increase is nice, but not that important. Medium armor is the single biggest source for obtaining weapon crit chance.

So if u have currently 70 stamina regen every 2 seconds 7 pieces of medium armor can increase this by 28%. So u go form 70 to 90, which is 10 sta/s more assuming u don't already hit overcharge.
  • Frail_Old_Man
    Frail_Old_Man
    ✭✭
    Go for medium, it's overall better than heavy atm, the armor difference is not big enough to lose out on loads of extra regen and the crit %.
    Sanguine's testers, the best testers.
    Alas we are no longer labeled as such.
  • GhostRunner521
    Andy22 wrote: »
    U mainly go for medium armor on a weapon crit based build. The sta regen increase is nice, but not that important. Medium armor is the single biggest source for obtaining weapon crit chance.

So if u have currently 70 stamina regen every 2 seconds 7 pieces of medium armor can increase this by 28%. So u go form 70 to 90, which is 10 sta/s more assuming u don't already hit overcharge.

Does the character screen where it lists my Stamina Regen take into account the increases you have via medium armor or other sources?

• Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    Does the character screen where it lists my Stamina Regen take into account the increases you have via medium armor or other sources?

Yes

• GhostRunner521

Yes

So at level 50 what would the base stamina regen of a character be? I'd love to know at 50 how much of a difference a full set of medium makes.
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    If i remember correctly i have 64 sta regen as tank, with 0 points in sta. This also depends on your class, i think NB gets higher sta regen base values.

So expect 70-90 if u focus on stamina.
  • GhostRunner521
    If i remember correctly i have 64 sta regen as tank, with 0 points in sta. This also depends on your class, i think NB gets higher sta regen base values.

So expect 70-90 if u focus on stamina.

Do you know how the base is calculated? Is it a percentage of your stamina?

So let's say I have a base regen of 70. If I were to go full medium I would get 28% increase in regen. So that is 28% of 70? Which would make it 70 + 19.6? Is that how you got the 20 above?

If that is the case then I suppose I could use heavy armor just as well and go for attack power on my dual wielding swords.
  • Andy22
    Andy22
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know how the base is calculated? Is it a percentage of your stamina?

There is a progression increase per lvl, but i don't think your current value changes with increasing sta. What seems to raise with sta is the softcap, so u can get higher sta regen with more absolute sta, before u hit the softcap.

check:na.alienwarearena.com/forums/thread/63893/the-elder-scrolls-series/distribution-of-eso-attributes-and-the-distribution-error-explaination
    So let's say I have a base regen of 70. If I were to go full medium I would get 28% increase in regen. So that is 28% of 70? Which would make it 70 + 19.6? Is that how you got the 20 above?

Yes, 70 * 1.28.

What i did not test is, if this "increase" only apply to the base regen or will also affect, drink, buffs or jewelry enchants.
    Edited by Andy22 on April 24, 2014 2:54PM
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go for medium, it's overall better than heavy atm, the armor difference is not big enough to lose out on loads of extra regen and the crit %.

The ONLY drawback for medium armour are those scraps. From leather craps onwards they are difficult to come by. One must spend 30+ minutes farming creatures for random drops of none to 2 pieces. Oricalcum+ ores are everywhere in zone 3, as well as cotton.....

Just make the scraps drop much much more (3-4 pieces like ores and cotton) and on all level 25+ creatures (not 26+).
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Zanzu
    Zanzu
    Actually regeneration rates do increase with all increases to the stats maximum. That's part of the reason why it's so easy to hit overcharge on regen rates at the moment. I've tested this out by swapping in and out gear and the regeneration rates changed with the gear (Without gear giving an pure bonus to regen.)