Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Our trade guild is a ghost town

grizzbi
grizzbi
✭✭✭
You'll probably think I'm a bit negative but...

Like a lot of people I'm in a 500 members trade guild. Since a few days, selling items become more and more difficult. If not impossible. I talked with the most active members in the chat: there's no point to use the guild store anymore. It just cost money with barely any return on investment. People used to buy green items to deconstruct them but they don't buy anything anymore. Anyone is self sufficient to such a point that after a single week, the guild store is a ghost town.

Now we all save our time and money and sell all the white, green and blue items to npc merchants..

I won't even talk about selling food or pots.

Sure , if you spend your whole day watching the chat you can find the occasional guy who will buy all your materials to powerlevel his craft in a snap.

Such a waste...

I wrote a few hours ago in another post that this game was so promising. Well...now that I'm thinking about it ..maybe not that much.
Edited by grizzbi on April 22, 2014 9:55PM
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just cost money with barely any return on investment.

I'm new to Guild stores, how much does it cost to sell something?

Also, I'm looking to buy honing stones, grain solvent, and the like; if anyone wants to sell hit me up.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to the farming and flood of items, the only things that sell now are
    (1) Items with a trait someone need to research
    (2) Enchantments (to break down and upskill)
    (3) Raw resources (but cheap, 600g per stack etc)
    (4) Uncommon provisioning parts
    (5) Purple Food
    (6) Armor with wanted set bonuses (Warlock etc)
    Anything else is a waste of space
  • ClaudiaMay
    ClaudiaMay
    ✭✭✭
    I sell stuff just fine in my two 120-200 member trade guilds. It may take a few days, but they do sell. That's what the 29 day timer is for.

Of course, I don't expect myself to sell within 24 hours, so meh.
    Currently Playing:
    Sorcerer Claudia Warren May, lvl 40. Woodworking 25/Clothing 25/Provisioning 50.
    Dragon Knight, lvl 8. Blacksmithing/Enchanting.
    Nightblade, lvl 3. Alchemy.
    Templar, lvl 7.
  • codyyoungnub18_ESO
    What are you trying to sell exactly? I would assume honing stones, oil, would sell as would enchantments (to build and deconstruct with) I would say mats will be the most valuable and sellable besides upgraded set drops or difficult sets. With the mats I can get exactly what I want crafted versus what you think I want.

Everyday stuff certainly won't sell great I would assume. But if you have a piece of the 5-6 research stuff you can make I would think it should. (prior to that the dropped set pieces far superior imo)
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to be selling stuff still at a reasonable rate. Sure its only 25 gold here or 50 gold there but my stuff moves.
    I don't put items up at a silly price anyway like 90% of the other players where they ask for 500 gold for a level 20 medium armour chest piece.
  • grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Due to the farming and flood of items, the only things that sell now are
    (1) Items with a trait someone need to research
    (2) Enchantments (to break down and upskill)
    (3) Raw resources (but cheap, 600g per stack etc)
    (4) Uncommon provisioning parts
    (5) Purple Food
    (6) Armor with wanted set bonuses (Warlock etc)
    Anything else is a waste of space

You're right, thanks for the list. That's also what I see. You can still hope to sell a few items over the 30 days. But it's so slow and the ROI is so low that you'd better not even waste your time doing it. Just run into a dungeon, gather dozen of items, sell them to any npc merchant and you'll make more money.

I wonder if anyone has taken like 5 minutes to try to balance the economy in this game. Probably not.
  • grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    For those who asked, I sell "uncommon" materials, set items, blue items... I've not tried to sell enchantments.

Even if you can still sell - at low price - a list of 10 "valuable" items..all the thousands other are already considered as trash.

Oh and I cut the base price by two. blue weapons/armor at 100g or less...

Also many people in the trade guild seem to have the same feeling. Well at least those who use the chat..

But if you don't have the same experience, the problem is probably on my side ^^
    Edited by grizzbi on April 22, 2014 10:12PM
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    hang in there, once this glut of cheater gold is gone the economy will stabilize, new players will come in and want those items. the cheaters will have long since quit due to boredom
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or... a normal server-AH would be the perfect solution....
    I lyke not this quill.
  • Delte
    Delte
    ✭✭✭
    Crumpy wrote: »
    Or... a normal server-AH would be the perfect solution....
    It would not help, in fact the gold sellers will love this even more than what they have at present. Makes life a lot easier for them.

I say give the game time many will leave after the 30 days are up and a lot of those trading guilds will fade away anyway.

By mid May i expect to see the guilds and economy stabalise more as the players settle down.

• Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand how the game is bad because you can't sell things. What is it about having some huge auction house economy makes the game so good?

What about all the other content? Quests, dungeons, public dungeons, lore books, skyshard hunting, PvP, leveling up, the skill system, the way classes are design, character creation, on and on...

Why is the "economy" the make or break when there are very little things to actually spend gold on? Anything you want you could easily make yourself...so that leaves you with what? Repairs, inventory space and mounts for gold sinks. What else?
  • grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    Ravinsild wrote: »
    I don't understand how the game is bad because you can't sell things. What is it about having some huge auction house economy makes the game so good?

What about all the other content? Quests, dungeons, public dungeons, lore books, skyshard hunting, PvP, leveling up, the skill system, the way classes are design, character creation, on and on...

Why is the "economy" the make or break when there are very little things to actually spend gold on? Anything you want you could easily make yourself...so that leaves you with what? Repairs, inventory space and mounts for gold sinks. What else?

A good economy will provide you way more (rewarding) things to do than quests.
  • doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    I was away for almost a week during easter and I sold 60 items while I was away, without replacing anything on my traders.

It's true that not everything sells, and the lists mentiond is not so far away. I also sell blue items cheap. 400g usually(900 for epics), it's still 10 times more than what the npc offers so it's not so bad. Blue/epic items in the crafts I use myself I just destroy.

I also sell and buy glyphs.

I'm a member of 5x500 trade guilds, some guilds are better than others, I've already left one guild because it never had anything for sale I was intrested in , and I've been quite happy with the replacement guild, I'm now considering dropping out of another guild that only have items far above market price.

When you're a member of 5 guilds it's easy to see what market price is for a specific item.

I'm also a blacksmith and I've only managed to sell 1 item so far, and tat was for less than the materials was worth. I have a few other items on sale now for cost of materials, but they don't sell. I'm hesitating putting up more as it will only take spots in the guild. That's sad since I usually enjoy selling weapons and armor in other games.
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the fact anyone can get and level anything means that there are a lot more self sufficient players. Cashing in on guild houses just wont be a quick profit.
  • grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    doggie wrote: »
    I was away for almost a week during easter and I sold 60 items while I was away, without replacing anything on my traders.

It's true that not everything sells, and the lists mentiond is not so far away. I also sell blue items cheap. 400g usually(900 for epics), it's still 10 times more than what the npc offers so it's not so bad. Blue/epic items in the crafts I use myself I just destroy.

I also sell and buy glyphs.

I'm a member of 5x500 trade guilds, some guilds are better than others, I've already left one guild because it never had anything for sale I was intrested in , and I've been quite happy with the replacement guild, I'm now considering dropping out of another guild that only have items far above market price.

When you're a member of 5 guilds it's easy to see what market price is for a specific item.

I'm also a blacksmith and I've only managed to sell 1 item so far, and tat was for less than the materials was worth. I have a few other items on sale now for cost of materials, but they don't sell. I'm hesitating putting up more as it will only take spots in the guild. That's sad since I usually enjoy selling weapons and armor in other games.

Good input. I thought that 500 members would be enough. But maybe I should try several trade guilds at the same time. I'll also try to sell glyphs.

More and more people are self sufficient which was to be expected. I still regret that crafting is more a solo activity. I thought weapons and armors would sell better. I'm myself doing alchemy and provisioning: none of them can help me do any profit. As I said: people don't even want my products ...for free. I've read that later on things get better, at least for alchemy. The few valuable materials seem to be random, when some other are way to common. Poorly balanced loot tables..or I'm missing something that I 'll understand later.

If people don't care to buy from crafters, it's mainly because:
    - The game difficulty is not high enough (can be discussed in regard of many other aspects of course)
    - Too many drops (rarity should be a part of that game for many items, not only a few)
    - Crafting profession are not interdependent ( which could be ok if we could sell our craft to adventurers..)

I'll see in the next days how it feels but I'll surely think twice before I put anything on the market..