MAIN QUEST BUG -- Trials and Tribulations

WelkinDust
Towards the end of the Daggerfall Covenant, this quest is bugged out. I collected the scrolls and put them on the pedestals in the wrong order, but it isn't resetting for me. I've tried relogging, I've tried quitting the game and going back in -- nothing fixes it. I am now completely stuck on a main storyline quest that cannot be completed.

Anyone else encounter this problem? Anyone know of a solution? This is the second main storyline quest bug I've come across now and frankly it's getting pretty old. They could at least have some customer support to fix stuff like this that completely blocks progression.

EDIT: I found a fix for this. Abandon the quest entirely, leave the tomb and talk to King Emeric to start the whole thing over again. Time-consuming and annoying but when I got back into the tomb and collected the scrolls, I could place them again. Look online for the order and bam, completed.
Edited by WelkinDust on April 22, 2014 7:49PM
  • WildSide
    WildSide
    i had same issue, tried to abandon quest and start totally over, placed em correct order second time, and still got no quest completion, and still cant pick em up to move em or anything, so...not sure what to do
    Options
  • Kevkanos
    Kevkanos
    I have abandoned and started over 3 times. Quest is game ending bugged right now. Fix your garbage Zenimax. This is main quest. The game is now over for me.
    Options
  • MsSvig
    MsSvig
    Same just happened to me. Playing on EU server
    Options
  • Morduil
    Morduil
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me, although I swear I put them in the right order. Either way, the quest is not progressing or I can't redo and I don't want to have to abandon the quest and start the whole series of quests again from scratch.
    Options
  • shoeppse
    shoeppse
    Kevkanos wrote: »
    I have abandoned and started over 3 times. Quest is game ending bugged right now. Fix your garbage Zenimax. This is main quest. The game is now over for me.

Same here. I am sick of this game. I have forgiven too many bugs over the last weeks, that's enough now. I bought another mmo yesterday and am looking forward to headstart this friday...
    Options
  • Ad.Absurdum
    Ad.Absurdum
    ✭✭
    still broken :(

that is the main quest and i really do not like to grind through all the monsters again. far too much bethesda patching mentality in this game...
    Options
  • RoburRoy
    RoburRoy
    Soul Shriven
    Yesterday faced with the same problem. Rebooting does not help, abandoned quests and passed again, does not help, though scrolls laid out in the correct order, there is nothing, just a silent ghost and can not pick up again scrolls ... What to do? When this problem will be fixed? Players reportedly shows that it lasts almost from release - time to have to fix?
    Options
  • ramalls
    ramalls
    Soul Shriven
    AS of today, July 13, this quest seems to still be broken. I placed the scrolls in the wrong order and cannot pick them up to redo it again. However, I see other people in the game right at this moment and they are able to do just that. I've reported this as a bug, but man, how frustrating!!!
    Options
  • coylecnb14_ESO
    coylecnb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Had the same issue today ... abandoned and redid the quest, still bugged. Abandoned and redid the quest, this time putting the scrolls onto the property order, but moving right to left, and it completed. Not sure if the change in order matters, but it was third-time's the charm or the change in order.
    Options
  • Cybert
    Cybert
    Soul Shriven
    what is the correct order of the scrolls btw?
    Options
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still broken. What a surprise.
    Options
  • Solara
    Solara
    ✭✭
    wow 4 months still doesn't work? the scrolls worked for me but the color braziers isn't working. I can change them but once in the right order nothing happened.
    Options