Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Time For A General Discussion Forum?

dpayne83_ESO
dpayne83_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello All,

I was just wondering if anyone feels the same way that they need to implement a general discussion forum. It seems like New Player Questions has been turned into the General Discussion area since we technically don't have one. And to be honest a lot of the topics can be disheartening to a new player because all I see are "[X] The Little-Known Internet Personality Says This Is Bad", "I Hate Launch Bugs", "WTH Game", and my personal favorite "I Am So Full Of Myself I Feel I Need To Announce A Change Or I Quit Post".

Heck, I like the "Fun Discovery", "Neat Find", or "Lighthearted Add This" threads but even those are technically off-topic for this forum (Okay, the first two are a gray area because they can showcase some neat things the new players can go find".

This sub-forum should be a place where new players can come for help but I just don't see that many because they get pushed to the wayside by more heated topics which tend to not have anything to do with New Player Help. I know myself and several others have Veteran Ranked toons and even some who don't and would be more than happy to offer legitimate advice when it comes to leveling, crafting, pvp, builds, etc.