Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

So this is a Single Player MMO???

sSolutionSs
sSolutionSs
✭✭✭
This is referring to pve, cause we all know this is a zerg pvp game and you must be grouped.

so here are some reasons why I am asking if this is a single player mmo?

I get way more xp questing solo..

I cannot go back to help irl friends level with old quests etc.

Questing together = bugs in quests no group activities. each grouped player must do everything individually as if solo. quest completes for one member of group but not other etc.

Everyone is phased. if its your quest line or your location most of the time you cannot see your grouped friends unless they are the same level have done the same area quests and are currently on the same quest.

Off topic note* where is the Crime or thieves mechanics in this game like previous elder scrolls.

In short Why did they make this such a Solo/Single player game?
Why did they leave out crucial aspects in a MMO?
Are these just bugs planning to be fixed?

this doesnt feel like an MMo
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phased quests allow for a changing world, which is a crucial part of the Elder Scrolls series. And a justice system is coming in a later content update.
    ----
    Murray?
    Options
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have talked about looking into phasing issues, and the Dark Brotherhood/Thief Guild stuff is supposed to be future enhancements. Instanced dungeons and PVP work fine for grouping, and this Adventure Zone coming up is all about groups.
    Options
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phased quests allow for a changing world, which is a crucial part of the Elder Scrolls series. And a justice system is coming in a later content update.

I disagree.
    I'd really like to be able to play with my friends, but phasing keeps us apart during missions. All I ever get is a white arrow/chevron that follows me around as I do quests....even if I repeatedly use the "travel to" option.
    It's one of my biggest gripes about the game. It's an MMO that forces you into solo adventuring by having REALLY CRAPPY grouping options.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
    Options
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭

I disagree.
    I'd really like to be able to play with my friends, but phasing keeps us apart during missions. All I ever get is a white arrow/chevron that follows me around as I do quests....even if I repeatedly use the "travel to" option.
    It's one of my biggest gripes about the game. It's an MMO that forces you into solo adventuring by having REALLY CRAPPY grouping options.

Yea I agree with you here this is a MMO. you guys know what that means right?

But because of this you cannot play with friends outside of cyrodiil. and we all know thats not a good place to go quest for xp or level.

Options
  • rdfarley89
    rdfarley89
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm I play with a RL friend and guildies all the time. Some quests phase out due to changes but other than that we have no problems and have a great time, especially in dungeons. Sometimes just takes some patience maybe allowing someone else to catch up to a point in a quest where you are currently.
    Options
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    I griped and griped about the way quests work in relation to "grouping" all through beta on the forums, on the surveys. I agree with most of the OP in regards to quests and grouping, so I'm not going to repeat my gripes.

At this point, since I do like playing this game, I accept what has not been changed and just hope that ZOS will begin to alter and change things.

It's not a "game breaker" for me, just a disappointment. But, there were other disappointments in beta that did change for the better. Maybe it will in time that will be the case here.
    The Sidekick Order
    Options
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    rdfarley89 wrote: »
    Hmm I play with a RL friend and guildies all the time. Some quests phase out due to changes but other than that we have no problems and have a great time, especially in dungeons. Sometimes just takes some patience maybe allowing someone else to catch up to a point in a quest where you are currently.

its like the only mmo part is in the dungeons
    dolmen wrote: »
    I griped and griped about the way quests work in relation to "grouping" all through beta on the forums, on the surveys. I agree with most of the OP in regards to quests and grouping, so I'm not going to repeat my gripes.

At this point, since I do like playing this game, I accept what has not been changed and just hope that ZOS will begin to alter and change things.

It's not a "game breaker" for me, just a disappointment. But, there were other disappointments in beta that did change for the better. Maybe it will in time that will be the case here.

Options
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭

I dont think this one thing is game breaking but its one thing of many that makes me ask myself "is this game in beta still"

Options
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only part that must be done solo is the main quest line and some of the fighters guild and mages guild quests. I pretty much did the rest with my husband (you don't get a experience penalty for being grouped)
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes , it pretty much is OP. Hell , i never grouped and even i noticed this while playing.

If anything , the real problem is how they are creating this.

1) You make a game where you pretty much cut people like groups at the start while they lvl , so tons of these guys are out.

2) Then at vet 10 (which is what? Least 100/150 hrs into the game for most people?) , you bring back the group element creating a group only zone.

3) By then , most of your players are soloers.

See the error here? The last zone , goes against the lvling zone, which makes no sense.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • ENAK
    ENAK
    ✭✭
    Totally agreed!

Been talking about this with our guild buddies - everyone said that grouping and doing quests as a guild for instance, makes no sense whatsoever. The reason is - everyone has to do them in the same order and nobody can skip ahead or lag behind. If you do - phasing kicks in and you get invisi-personed. :neutral_face: Also, as we tried doing some leveling in a 4-man group - it gets a LOT slower to XP this way for some weird reason.

All of this just shows you how very much MMO-inexperienced the designers of this game were. Just running around solo and doing quests/public dungeons from the perspective of a 'traveling adventurer' with a bunch of copies of you, also running around, doing the same stuff, seems like the way to go... Which is NOT how an MMO should work. Guild Wars 2 event based quests system seems a bit better but it tends to get very grindy later on... :'( Maybe with more story based quests and this kind of a public event based quest structure it would have worked better... But it's way to late to change that. :(
    Options
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    ENAK wrote: »
    Totally agreed!

All of this just shows you how very much MMO-inexperienced the designers of this game were. :(

I agree
    Options
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭

I dont think this one thing is game breaking but its one thing of many that makes me ask myself "is this game in beta still"

Funny you should mention that. All just my opinion from here on in.

During beta, on both the weekend events and long term PTS I felt that the "more Elder Scrolls single player game like" faction was being listened to by ZOS in feedback on the forum and surveys far to much. Honestly, at the start I was in that faction. But, as I played and tested and began to play with others I realized... oh dear... this quest system isn't going to satisfy the MMO crowd at all. It needs some revision. So my attitude shifted.

I believe ZOS's has to some degree too. In a post to PTS testers (now lost to us by the changes to the forum for Live) Paul Sage did note they were going to take another look at how quests where handled. ** So I continue to have hope.

** If anyone can find that post out on the interwebs and cite it, I would appreciate it. I hate making such a statement without a citation.

The Sidekick Order
    Options
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    this quest system isn't going to satisfy the MMO crowd at all. It needs some revision. So my attitude shifted.

I believe ZOS's has to some degree too. In a post to PTS testers (now lost to us by the changes to the forum for Live) Paul Sage did note they were going to take another look at how quests where handled. ** So I continue to have hope.

** If anyone can find that post out on the interwebs and cite it, I would appreciate it. I hate making such a statement without a citation.

My developing stance on this game is this, Its new and in time all these MMo Lacking things may be added, but as a customer paying a business it may be the correct thing to Not pay and hold out on this game until it grows into a solid MMO, Not a single Player Pve game with Co-Op Dungeons modes, Zero Theives mechanics like other Elder scrolls and Zerg buggy non competitive pvp.

Options
  • dolmen
    dolmen
    ✭✭✭
    @sSolutionSs you have a point.

I'm happy to see the subject continuing to show up on the forum. The paying customers should keep right on hammering on it too.
    The Sidekick Order
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adventure zones arent the answer.

I have a friend Ive been dying to play with. Cant do dungeons with two. PDs are full of bots, poor xp and are too small for my liking.

Cant quest with him. Phasing is stupid.

I cant even suggest something. We were looking forward to this game but when its just two and we cant play together...
    Options
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are only interested in group activity if you get more than those who solo or group on the fly, than MMO´s are not for you.

Traditional MMO´s got so big because everyone was equal and not because premades got the top stuff and the rest nothing. Its very sad how one MMO spoiled a whole franchise... people only want to do stuff these days if they get more than others, else its not interesting for them.

Grouping shouldn't be based on your own wealth, but on having fun with friends.
    Options
  • jy82988ub17_ESO
    Audigy wrote: »
    If you are only interested in group activity if you get more than those who solo or group on the fly, than MMO´s are not for you.

What??
    Edited by jy82988ub17_ESO on April 22, 2014 7:59PM
    Options
  • ENAK
    ENAK
    ✭✭

I do believe they expect the MAIN show to be on the PS4... So yeah... it is.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Traditional MMO´s got so big because everyone was equal and not because premades got the top stuff and the rest nothing. Its very sad how one MMO spoiled a whole franchise... people only want to do stuff these days if they get more than others, else its not interesting for them.

Grouping shouldn't be based on your own wealth, but on having fun with friends.

What in Prince Innoruuk's unholy name are you talking about?
    Options
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    the only part that must be done solo is the main quest line and some of the fighters guild and mages guild quests. I pretty much did the rest with my husband (you don't get a experience penalty for being grouped)

Miss, Idk what game you are playing or if you have even played solo.

You level 10x faster un grouped running quests, killing npcs, or bosses.
    Options
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭

Im not sure what you mean here.

MMO= Massively Multiplayer Online and there Should be More incentive to group up rather then run SOLO, because I dont want to play Skyrim without Being able to Steal or Pickpocket which is not apart of teso.
    Options
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    ENAK wrote: »

I do believe they expect the MAIN show to be on the PS4... So yeah... it is.

If they think console gaming is where its at they are extremely mistaken. Console Gaming is where its at for the 13 yr olds and fans of cod..bottom line is true multiplayer gaming happens on PC.

Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the trend in any big name mmo since wow. They are all designed as solo games with optional dungeons as the main 'group' content.

Now you may feel this shouldn't be, but it has been the trend in all recent big name mmos.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want something to do with another person that isnt a) broken or 2) requires a full group.

Apparently too much to ask.
    Options
  • sSolutionSs
    sSolutionSs
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the trend in any big name mmo since wow. They are all designed as solo games with optional dungeons as the main 'group' content.

Now you may feel this shouldn't be, but it has been the trend in all recent big name mmos.

well in wow I can quest with lowbies or at least see them and kill mobs or protect them. or I can quest with a group and still gain a good amount of xp.

Sakiri wrote: »
    I just want something to do with another person that isnt a) broken or 2) requires a full group.

Apparently too much to ask.

Options
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy how the world changes based on my choices in game, the first time I saw what happened to the town I let defend itself and chose another town to save was epic. hence the phasing.

I enjoy the grouping, I get a group when I want to, leave when I want to.. no problems. Yes, my real life friends are all on diff quests but tell me an mmo where you could have someone just join you on your quest line no matter what stage they were in?

we meet up on landscape no problem. we meet in pvp to group no problem. I guess if you absolutely need to have a gaming partner on every aspect of game then it could be a problem.
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reggielee wrote: »
    tell me an mmo where you could have someone just join you on your quest line no matter what stage they were in?

World of Warcraft.

edit: and EverQuest 2. Though they use less phasing than WoW does.

And it took WoW 6 years to get the phasing thing right.
    Edited by Sakiri on April 22, 2014 10:54PM
    Options
  • esonlineub17_ESO3
    tell me an mmo where you could have someone just join you on your quest line no matter what stage they were in?

SWTOR has no solo phases at all. Every phase, even for main class story quests, permits all group members to enter. SWTOR has no restrictions whatsoever on whether one player can help another player in a phase.
    Options
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭

SWTOR has no solo phases at all. Every phase, even for main class story quests, permits all group members to enter. SWTOR has no restrictions whatsoever on whether one player can help another player in a phase.

I wish ESO was like this...the way it should be for an MMO, forced solo content should not exist in MMOs, it should be optional. The players that only enjoy solo only will disagree though.

SWTOR, Lotro, EQ2, those are just the popular ones, I'm sure there's more but you didn't specify how many you wanted anybody to tell you. But yeah, these have story quests and people could join your phase/group regardless of the part you were in and if the other person completed the story in a different way.

Options