Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New Motif: Horse Armor

Hexxagone
Hexxagone
✭✭
I think it would be cool if we could have new motifs that let blacksmiths create horse armors for the different race styles. maybe they would be enhanced with a new gem that adds speed to your horse and we could sell them to other players.

Best Answer

• dagnome
    dagnome
    ✭✭✭
    I am inclined to agree. If i can craft my own armor why not be able to craft some for my horse? I can enchant my armor why not enchant my horses as well? These additions certainly wouldn't break the game but would certainly contribute a whole lot to the economy and the immersion. I mean come on, a VR2 Templar in full plate shouldn't be riding a naked horse.
    Another thought is horse costumes, similar to player ones.
    Answer ✓
  • RylukShouja
    RylukShouja
    ✭✭✭
    Horse armour would be cool, but it's unlikely it would do anything aside from cosmetic changes. That said...I like this idea.
  • Caran
    Caran
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, please. And more "social clothing". ...
  • Hexxagone
    Hexxagone
    ✭✭
    I think that would be great, give horse armors to blacksmiths and dyes to alchemists
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My horsey is tired of getting singed and slashed as I run past bad guys. *nodnod*
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea.
    I lyke not this quill.
  • ClaudiaMay
    ClaudiaMay
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed! It would be something fun to look forward too in a future patch.
    Currently Playing:
    Sorcerer Claudia Warren May, lvl 40. Woodworking 25/Clothing 25/Provisioning 50.
    Dragon Knight, lvl 8. Blacksmithing/Enchanting.
    Nightblade, lvl 3. Alchemy.
    Templar, lvl 7.
  • trooperrabbit_ESO
    Hexxagone wrote: »
    I think it would be cool if we could have new motifs that let blacksmiths create horse armors for the different race styles. maybe they would be enhanced with a new gem that adds speed to your horse and we could sell them to other players.

Or your horse could gain armor progressively as it levels :smile:

• Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone has taken note yet, But the horses listed at the stable are all Light horses.

Why have that as a designation if you aren't going to have Heavy or Medium horses?

Money sink incomming?
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please!
  • Hexxagone
    Hexxagone
    ✭✭
    B)
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You DO already!!!!
    Add Stamina, the horse gets more armor on it (yes it changes looks!)
    Add Carrying Capacity, the horse gets more bags on the side of it.

Add Speed, appear no change, and as most only add speed, they think the horse never changes looks
    Edited by Natjur on April 22, 2014 8:21PM
  • mcatchlovb16_ESO
    mcatchlovb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    You DO already!!!!
    Add Stamina, the horse gets more armor on it (yes it changes looks!)
    Add Carrying Capacity, the horse gets more bags on the side of it.

Add Speed, appear no change, and as most only add speed, they think the horse never changes looks

I heard that the Light Horse gets thinner and more muscular but I can't confirm that. Hopefully it gets something better than that.
    I support the OP on this. I would love to be able to craft armor for my horses.
  • Hexxagone
    Hexxagone
    ✭✭
    I haven't heard anything about horses changing appearance