Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

In-Game way to find out what crafting styles your character already knows?

patrich9
patrich9
Hi,

I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything on this. Is there a way in game to find out which styles a character already knows (aside from going to a crafting table and seeing which stones show up below)?

I am pretty sure I accidentally used a book that I already knew and didnt see any type of "error" or "already known" tooltip tag. I looked through the massive "Lore" tab on the character but couldn't really find anything in there.

• Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    None that I've seen aside from using a crafting station and cycling through the motifs.
  • Greydog
    Greydog
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope ...no way to know without visiting a crafting station.

Another purposeful oversight?
    "I Plan on living forever ..so far so good"
    Sanguine's Disciple

Asylum Amoebaeus ..A refuge for those who normally fly solo.
    Message me here or in game for an invite
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You go to the crafting station of your choice and check the box which says "have materials, have knowledge". Then you can see what crafting styles you know as no other than these will be listed.
  • tangorn
    tangorn
    ✭✭
    You can't use the same book twice. Tried it intentionally, it says "you already know this style"
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    patrich9 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure I accidentally used a book that I already knew and didnt see any type of "error" or "already known" tooltip tag.
    No, you can not do that. Check this thread for more info:
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/73224/crafting-racial-motifs-guide
    Edited by Gedalya on April 22, 2014 9:27PM
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Palmate
    Palmate
    Soul Shriven
    don't quote me, I'm at the office right now, but under Journal (J), at the top right you might find it, I know it tracks the lorebooks and other game related accomplishments I can't recall if it has the Motifs listed or not. Good luck and I'll up date this after i test it tonight.

Pal
  • Skyhawk462
    Skyhawk462
    ✭✭
    You have to be at a crafting station to check this. I cannot remember which of the boxes I have checked, I believe it is both the have materials and have knowledge, but when you try to craft gear the races you have read a motif for will be available. If you have not read the motif, if will simply be unavailable. However, if you have the material (such as obsidian for dark elves) but not the knowledge, you will see the material but it will appear in red, so you cannot craft it.