Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

can someone explain?

Melky
Melky
✭✭
what is this pls? l see it in many dungeons like 20 characters at once doing the same - killing bosses or mobs

http://www.imageno.com/ocby8bjjygs2pic.html

http://www.imageno.com/b61qu5df7bqmpic.html
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason I can't see anything on the 2 links...
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Grayphilosophy
    Grayphilosophy
    ✭✭✭
    To me it looks like what I've encountered myself. People wait around at the public dungeon bosses and kill it repeatedly because of the relatively short respawn timer. All of them hoping to inflict enough damage to be able to loot it since they usually drop greens or blues.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Those are bots obviously.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Melky
    Melky
    ✭✭
    so someone buys like 20 accounts and then make characters do all exactly the same with some external program to farm gold?
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are the bots people keep mentioning.

They seem to be multiplying though.

First it was just a few and now i'm seeing hordes of them. Some of them don;t just stand at the boss either, i'm seeing groups of them following each other round the dungeons and farming mobs.
  • Krivasran
    Krivasran
    ✭✭✭
    Not exactly. Some group of people probably use 20 accounts acquired from stolen information (like credit cards), or ill gotten gains from sold gold (less likely).

They then acquire accounts, and go farm bosses to inconvenience players and make *more* gold, to sell to people who for some stupid reason buy it, and perpetuate the problem.

They then use false clients to do stuff, like automatic response, and cause the shenanigans we see in game.
    You've mistaken me for someone who cares.
  • spawn10459
    spawn10459
    ✭✭✭
    Bots are starting to over run the game. Bots and gold spammers will be the demise of this game.. that and the consent down time 2 to 3 times a week.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Melky wrote: »
    so someone buys like 20 accounts and then make characters do all exactly the same with some external program to farm gold?
    No it is usually not some random normal guy on his computer. These are large businesses that do this on a large scale and in many games.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Stop assuming it is bots, they are all in starter areas spamming gold. These are legit players who are constantly farming the dungeon bosses for good loot until DR kicks in. I do not agree with it but I do understand, timer can be 30 seconds to 5 minutes so it is not that long to wait for a chance at loot, annoying for people trying to get a hit in the first time they get through that dungeon but that's the way it crumbles.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • DotAwkward
    Turial wrote: »
    Stop assuming it is bots, they are all in starter areas spamming gold. These are legit players who are constantly farming the dungeon bosses for good loot until DR kicks in. I do not agree with it but I do understand, timer can be 30 seconds to 5 minutes so it is not that long to wait for a chance at loot, annoying for people trying to get a hit in the first time they get through that dungeon but that's the way it crumbles.

These are not legit players. I have seen them just stand there and die if you pull one of the other mobs in the dungeon and get it to aoe the pack of bots. Also, I don't think many real players have names like rrrwwdd and asdfg.
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭

It is true not ALL cases are bots.. but these 2 pictures are pretty clear to be bots IMO. Names/Armor/CookieCutter newb gear en mass...
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melky wrote: »
    what is this pls? l see it in many dungeons like 20 characters at once doing the same - killing bosses or mobs

http://www.imageno.com/ocby8bjjygs2pic.html

http://www.imageno.com/b61qu5df7bqmpic.html
    Read any of the umpteen threads about "dungeon boss farming" and you'll learn all you need to know.

• Melky
    Melky
    ✭✭

they all move in the same time to same way do exactly the same with a miliseconds of deviations like a wave - we are clearly not talking about legit players constantly farming dungeons m8
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    LadyChaos wrote: »

It is true not ALL cases are bots.. but these 2 pictures are pretty clear to be bots IMO. Names/Armor/CookieCutter newb gear en mass...

Apologies, I never viewed the images as I am in work but they are hilarious, that is very OBVIOUS botting lol. I personally have never encountered an image like that in game, only ever 5-15 players farming bosses per dungeon.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    DotAwkward wrote: »

These are not legit players. I have seen them just stand there and die if you pull one of the other mobs in the dungeon and get it to aoe the pack of bots. Also, I don't think many real players have names like rrrwwdd and asdfg.

This, lol, I actually had a lot of fun pulling other packs into the bots and seeing them die.
  • Melky
    Melky
    ✭✭
    Azarul wrote: »
    DotAwkward wrote: »

This, lol, I actually had a lot of fun pulling other packs into the bots and seeing them die.

I tried this but now they obviosuly invented some new techniques because those packs of bots are set to attack everything that approaches them. after that they go back to their sation where world dungeon boss spawns and prevent players from progress rly zenimax? you allow this??