Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill mechanics

Darzil
Darzil
✭✭✭
Just been getting by without trying to understand things too deeply, but decided it's time to put my stats head on. I've been able to find any detail on the exact equations governing skills, all I've found is the skill calculators on Esohead.

Can I check my understanding based on that?

Seems to be that skill costs are based purely on level, skill damage on Weapon damage and Stamina or Magicka, and effect durations (sometimes magnitude) on training in the particular skill. Overall skill line level only affects what is open to use. 10 difference in weapon damage seems have a similar magnitude of effect to 100 difference in Stamina or Magnitude.

Is it as simple as that?