Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VR - The Lightless Remnant

Moonchips
Moonchips
✭✭✭
Does anybody happen to be on The Lightless Remnant VR quest for Rivenspire? I need to kill Baron Montclair but I can't seem to get past his uber death mode when he reaches 15%ish

Could use some help if anybody happens to be on that quest or near it :)
  • Kathleen.Flynn02b14_ESO
    Not sure if you're still stuck with this, but I had trouble with that same part. I mostly use 2H, but for this fight I used destructive staff until the end where the problem is. I couldn't run around and avoid him easily anymore because the remnant thing was continuous. In desperation I switched to 2H at the end and just went crazy with all I had (healing abilities, shields, magicka potions, attack abilities) and got lucky.
  • Moonchips
    Moonchips
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm still stuck on this. It seems melee is not an option unless you get REALLY lucky. His lightning attacks do soo much damage
  • kgallellab14_ESO
    Actually, my husband and I just got done killing him (he didn't even seem to fight back) but are now stuck in Doomcrag without a way to get out (other than perhaps travelling to a wayshrine). I kept looking for a hint on what to do to "keep him busy" until Verandis could come up with a way to kill him without dooming Rivenspire but nothing happened. We started fighting him and he just stopped fighting back and we were able to kill him. The quest advanced to "Talk to Verandis Ravenwatch" but, even though the little arrow on my compass shows where he SHOULD be standing, Verandis is not visible so we can't talk to him. Did anyone else have THIS happen to them?
  • ovedbeyhan
    I just had this happen to me, i'm hoping for a fix because i am sick and tired of content not working, even though i am paying for it.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I killed him solo without issue. I'm a melee templar, tank build.

However I did think to myself while doing that "Wow actaully semi-challenging, givn I steamroll most solo content, im sure some players will have trouble with this" Built to handle VR group content and decently geared, so yea.

However sounds like you can bring a friend based on kgallellabs comment.

So yea, just hit up zone chat and find a buddy to duo it.

re:kgallellab14_ESO

Sadly they don't test much of anything for groups. So it's possible this was a group-only bug, ive seen several of them. They can generally be solved by ungrouping (evne in instanced content you will stay together ungrouped long as you enter together)

So try again, break group before you engage.

If it persists, also try having 1 person log out.
    Edited by Axer on April 21, 2014 5:39AM
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Moonchips
    Moonchips
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah he did the same thing to me when I got lucky and killed him. So then I had to reset the quest and try again. Though when I took a break and came back there were some people standing outside the entrance that were on the same quest so I joined them.

Since the quest is part of a chain, its hard to find people that just happen to be on that step.

Total that quest cost me over 20k for potions, soul gems, food and repairs.

I'm a nightblade, so VR content is slightly harder for me when compared to a tanking templar that face rolls everything :P
  • ovedbeyhan
    This morning i attempted the quest again, hoping it would work since there was a patch (1.05), it seems that the event was fully working, the baron did use many more spells which i haven't seen before.
  • MorteASH
    MorteASH
    I am stuck on this same quest at VR lvl. Get him down to his last 15% then he goes nuts with his mage attacks and i'm left in the dirt
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't most his spells ground AOE? I think I beat him twice (once as a VR) by standing on the rocks in various places around him and thus avoiding the ground attacks.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    First, this thread needs to be moved over to the DC category.

That being said, I don't know if VR is any different from 1-50, but I stood on a rock and shot arrows and Silver Bolts at him until it finally wore him down.
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare