Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The hardest Lore Books to find.. Can you help?

LadyMamoulian
LadyMamoulian
✭✭✭
After much searching and travelling all accross Tamriel, here is the final list of Lore Books still left to find. If you see any of those on your travels, please to let me know. Any help much appreciated!

Biographies:
Ayrenn: The Unforeseen Queen
The All-Beneficent King Fahara'jad

Magic and Magicka:
Wayshrines of Tamriel

Oblivion Lore:
On the Nature of Coldharbour

Tamriel History
House Tharn of Nibenay
Return to Orsinium
The Order of the Black Worm
  • Sonic260
    Sonic260
    ✭✭
    The LoreBooks addon reveals the location of all LoreBooks on the map: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info288-LoreBooks.html
  • Urza
    Urza
    As of last night the LoreBooks addon had some things in significantly wrong positions on the map. One in Riften area in particular since I had already collected all the ones before that, addon showed it on the little island and it was south of that across the water. It was also missing a book I found over by the hotsprings which wasn't part of The Rift collection.

It is a helpful addon, got a couple books from Rift and Coldharbour with it, but its not perfect yet.
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Fine addon.. the problem is its missing the very same books I listed in the first post :)
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    http://dulfy.net/category/eso/skyshards-eso/

This site also has lorebook maps in the skyshard map pages.
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    The same story - the books listed above not even Duffy found...
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Wayshrines of Tamriel"
    I think I saw this one in Deshaan somewhere

"On the Nature of Coldharbour"
    Found this one during a warrior guild quest (quest only area), in Deshaan as well I believe
    Edited by Malediktus on April 19, 2014 5:21PM
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    This is - both - highly improbable.. we searched Deshaan up and down, but still.. could you remember more specifically? Are you sure you actually have those two tomes in your Library?
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will make a screenshot when the server come back online. I only picked up lore books in Stonefalls, Deshaan and Shadowfen and the capital city of East Marshes in the mage guild so far. Bal Foyen and Bleak Rock had no lore books as far as I can tell.
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    Please do so - any help is appreciated. We have been searching for those missing tomes for days already, including Cyrodiil.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some can only be obtained in quest areas that you can not return to. They are usually very easy to find in those cases but still. i'd like to see them elsewhere too
    Edited by Laura on April 19, 2014 5:30PM
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    some can only be obtained in quest areas that you can not return to. They are usually very easy to find in those cases but still. i'd like to see them elsewhere too
    not sure if this is true for lore books, but for normal books/note/letters it is. Thats why I am going to reroll once the Eidetic Memory if fixed (see http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/81050/eidetic-memory-bugged-to-uselessness-gamebreaking-possible-spoilers)
    Until the eidetic memory is fixed I basically lost all interest in playing as a completionist and lore fan
    Edited by Malediktus on April 19, 2014 5:32PM
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    That is correct but only partially. For example the book "Whithering.. " can be found in one of the Fighters Guild quest dugeons, but it can also be found (very hidden) in Coldharbour. In theory ALL extra lore (non local) books should be acquirable in the specific pact territories (your six starting maps) but this is probably a wrong assumption. The Lore books listed above - the tough cases - cannot be found this way.
    Edited by LadyMamoulian on April 19, 2014 5:35PM
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt be suprised if some of the lore books are bugged, too. I came across bugged non lore books several times which either spawned under the floor (only the glow was seeable), where not interactable or nothing happened on interacting with them. Maybe they forgot to place some of the lorebooks in the world or are stuck inside objects.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its also possible that they will be added later with added mages guild ranks this is an MMO after all
    Edited by Laura on April 19, 2014 5:39PM
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    We are searching in a group and from our vast experience I cannot say this ever happened to us so far. Maybe we just got lucky. The sad thing is the neccessity to visit Cyrodiil to acquire a lot of missing "other" lore tomes. Some are in contested and/or enemy areas and players can change campaigns only so many times a day :) Trying to explain our erudite intentions to angry zergs is quite a daunting task..
    Edited by LadyMamoulian on April 19, 2014 5:41PM
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    its also possible that they will be added later with added mages guild ranks this is an MMO after all
    They will just add new books then. The currently listed 297 books are supposed to be ingame already.
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    The Lore Tome collection is certainly complete now. The only problem is where to find them all...
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malediktus wrote: »
    I wouldnt be suprised if some of the lore books are bugged, too. I came across bugged non lore books several times which either spawned under the floor (only the glow was seeable), where not interactable or nothing happened on interacting with them. Maybe they forgot to place some of the lorebooks in the world or are stuck inside objects.

If that happens to any of you, just relog and they should be corrected. I have had the book under the floor many times.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will just add new books then. The currently listed 297 books are supposed to be ingame already.

supposed to be = /= are. I don't know anyone with them. I've asked zone and all my guilds some of which have 500 people. If I had to guess some of them will be in craglorn. Remember craglorn was expected to be in on release. it is perfectly reasonable to assume they might be there. I doubt they would make a bunch of new ones for craglorn.
    Edited by Laura on April 19, 2014 5:53PM
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loxy37 wrote: »

If that happens to any of you, just relog and they should be corrected. I have had the book under the floor many times.
    It didnt fix it for the books/notes in question. Tried relogging, abandoning the quest and restarting, waiting for the next server restart...
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭

supposed to be = /= are. I don't know anyone with them. I've asked zone and all my guilds some of which have 500 people. If I had to guess some of them will be in craglorn. Remember craglorn was expected to be in on release. it is perfectly reasonable to assume they might be there. I doubt they would make a bunch of new ones for craglorn.
    I wouldnt be suprised if Craglorn gets new books. The current Tamriel is very big already. Its easy to miss a handful out (7!) of the 297 books.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok the screenshots are in German, but I think you can understand it well enough...
    I am pretty sure I found the cold haven one during a warrior guild mission, instanced solo quest only area, the other is probably from deshaan, too.
    Sadly I also did not have the other 5 books in question.
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    If only you knew where did you find the second one.. at least some general idea..
  • hiroscho
    hiroscho
    Soul Shriven
    Found the book "wayshrines of tamriel" in the ruins east of blue road keep in cyrodiil. Found "on the nature of coldharbour" in the cave behind the waterfall right next to it.
  • Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    hiroscho wrote: »
    Found the book "wayshrines of tamriel" in the ruins east of blue road keep in cyrodiil. Found "on the nature of coldharbour" in the cave behind the waterfall right next to it.

The OP is now posting in this thread and stopped updating this one. It seems like she still hasn't found your two books though.
    Edited by Ker.Rakb16_ESO on April 25, 2014 11:02PM
  • robbertijsselsteijnb16_ESO
    Wayshrines of tamriel indeed found at burned estate. Against the wall near the building. East of blue road keep in Cyrodiil.
    And indeed on the nature of coldharbour is found at the top of the waterfall a little west of the burned estate. Thanks for posting this info!
    South south east of fort warden about half way through to fort glademist in cyrodiil fragmantae abyssum hermaeus morus can be found. At a broken down house. The small building can be seen on the map.
    Edited by robbertijsselsteijnb16_ESO on April 27, 2014 9:00PM
    With regard to the Ebony is located in cyrodiil between fort glademist and the elder scroll of alma ruma in a tower. Building noticeable on the map the middle of the three buildings on the map.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Wayshrines of Tamriel"
    I think I saw this one in Deshaan somewhere

"On the Nature of Coldharbour"
    Found this one during a warrior guild quest (quest only area), in Deshaan as well I believe
    The one I found during Deshaan FG quest was Withering of Delodiil I think its called, and it was gold, not blue. Theres a tunnel in the ruin you can take two routes in to get to the same room. The outer, longer way had it.