Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

stackability of food effects

Alan_Hawk
Alan_Hawk
Is it just me or is the game really designed so that you can't boost more than one stat at a time? If I eat something that boosts my max health, as soon as I eat something that boosts max stamina, my health goes back to default. Even worse, if I eat something that boosts max health, then drink something that speeds up health recovery...my max health goes right back to default. If this was intentional, it is INCREDIBLY stupid!!
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    why? at higher levels of cooking you can make the two or three buffed foods. chillax
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    with ingredients you can only find when you are at a lot higher level. The only food I've found that raises max health and something else at the same time is a LEVEL 45 only food! I can see the convenience of making one item boost all 3 for your quick slot so you can use it in combat. But it's stupid to make them not stack unless they are already stacked in the same item. Also the game system is designed so that food effects and drink effects are COMPLETELY separate! It's simply not possible to boost max health and health recovery at the same time! That's just stupid sauce.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    i guess they didnt want to have players overly stacked with buffs for all three lines. Try adding some runes to buff what you need on diff armor pieces in the meantime, it doesnt take that long to lvl cooking, its just annoying and inv clogging but goes fast. good luck
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
  • Hexxagone
    Hexxagone
    ✭✭
    dude...I level professioning. I have 3 different foods at lvl 20 that raise more than one stat. 1 for health and stamina, 1 for health and magicka, and 1 for stamina and magicka.

green recipes raise only 1 stat
    blue recipes raise 2 stats
    purple recipes raise all three stats at once

you can find them at all levels
    Edited by Hexxagone on April 19, 2014 7:36AM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexxagone wrote: »

green recipes raise only 1 stat
    blue recipes raise 2 stats
    purple recipes raise all three stats at one

you can find them at all levels

This. I'm surprised it took this many posts to get to it.

If you're willing spend the money/time, you can find those recipes and make food to raise all three stats or drink to raise all recovery rates.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Hexxagone
    Hexxagone
    ✭✭
    The more you know == (*)
    Edited by Hexxagone on April 19, 2014 7:37AM
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    at level 36 I have only found 1 purple recipe (for level 35 and higher), and 2 blue recipe's (one for level 40, one for level 45). I have cleared all locations on all the maps I've been to except for group dungeons (torch and plus sign, all other areas cleared). I look in every container and bookshelf I pass, and kill everything I see. I have the provisioning skills to support all the recipes I know.

I "get it" just fine, I just happen to think it's a real crappy way to design the buff system. I can totally understand why you can't eat two of the same thing one after another and have them stack (but why have a 5 second cool down if they don't stack?), but there is NO reason not to have different effects stack. This game is supposed to be based on the elder scrolls series. Since when did elder scrolls not allow you to take 3 different effect potions and have them all work at the same time?
  • Hexxagone
    Hexxagone
    ✭✭
    Alan_Hawk wrote: »
    there is NO reason not to have different effects stack.

The reason is called strategy , this isnt WoW that's designed for the difficulty level of an 8 year old.

Edited by Hexxagone on April 21, 2014 12:15AM
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    For food, blue recipes will raise two stats and purple recipes raise three. The lowest I've found for blue is 15, I believe the lowest I've found for purple is 25 (I would need to go check). So basically the only real choice I see people having to make is whether they want to dish money for purple food, or if they want regen versus buffs to the actual stats. The purple recipes are designed to be rare, so I wouldn't really expect to find them all yourself. I see them traded, and up on guild stores quite frequently though.

It's already easy enough as it is with smart passives and enchants to soft cap many different skills. Allowing you to boost all main stats (magicka, health, and stam) and all main stat regens at the same time would be a bit over powered. In my opinion.
    Edited by Lalai on April 21, 2014 12:28AM
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Phranq
    Phranq
    ✭✭✭
    stacking food buffs would be too OP. I just wish blue recipes weren't so rare, hehe
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just somewhat confused as to why you can't get a buff from food and a buff from drink, as one raises a stat(or two..or three) and the other raises recovery rate of one(or two..or three.)
    I can understand not stacking food buffs...but not stacking food and drink?
    How many people that don't have their jaws wired shut drink all their meals?
    How many people eat all their liquids?

ZENIMAX, LET US HAVE ONE FOOD BUFF AND ONE DRINK BUFF ACTIVE AT THE SAME TIME!!

Please?
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • rapidpalsy
    rapidpalsy
    Soul Shriven
    I like having to choose between them.
  • Alan_Hawk
    Alan_Hawk
    I agree Mercy, I also think you should be allowed to stack two different food effects at the same time. At the very least they should let us pick between those two options. For example, you can have one food and one drink active, or you can have 2 different food effects active, or two different drink effects active.