Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

pvp is no longer fair, or fun

eversong
eversong
✭✭
I feel like I'm unable to be competitive in pvp, even with being upleveled to 50. Veteran rank players are able to absolutely wipe the floor with non-veteran rank players.

At least WoW had the foresight to put all the max level players into their own tier of PvP separate from non-max level players... and would even match players of similar win/loss ratios.

Eventually this will only get worse and worse. New players will reach level 10 and try pvp and get slaughtered and their experience of pvp will be very negative. Veteran players should be fighting other veteran players.

I personally would like to see a more structured and fair pvp system. There should be a campaign or campaigns that ONLY allow veteran players inside.

When you reach veteran rank 1, you should be prompted to enter a new campaign specifically for veteran players only. There would be bonus pvp rewards for entering that campaign as an incentive to get veteran players to join.
  • Caduryn
    Caduryn
    ✭✭✭
    Its Mass-RvR, Zerg them.

Me lvl 32 have no problem.
  • Antonie
    Antonie
    ✭✭✭
    The PvP-System in ESO is made to be played to hold and capture several fortified spots. That is the determined goal for PvP as it is said to be a War not some kind of Duell ranking system or for those who wish to be fair and square and only best others or be bested by skill alone. The way it is i really much like it. And yes being way above one`s own characterlevel gives a huge advantage when it comes down to straight head-on fights. But this is my personal opinion which i only wanted to express like you did above.
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”-Albert Einstein
    Leben ist ein RPG. Was ist DEINE Rolle?-Motto von http://rpgspielen.de/

• Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    ESO isn't really designed to be 1 on 1 PvP. its more designed to be mass zerg. The auto leveling makes your level 10 equivalent to a level 50 in level 48 green gear.
  • awkwarrd
    awkwarrd
    ✭✭✭
    Majority of comments in this thread look like PVE people.

I assume they don't see the 5 vr10 people who can wipe out low level player zerg's.
    So.. yeah.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tolerate VR 10's .... doesn't bother me so much being in the vet ranks myself the gap isn't a problem.

What is bugging the ever living crap out of me is that damn sorc teleport.

They start a fight they can't win and then they are gone, just a line of bubbles showing which way the cowardly muppets fled.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP in a mmo will never be balance. This is the best pvp system you can hope for in a mmo with out ruining pve balance.

So if this is not the type of pvp you want, this game might not be for you.
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    there is no fair in PvP there is only equal opportunity to reach the same standard.

Higher levels should always own lower levels based on their exponential increased level, as long as all have equal opportunity to reach the same level.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • kyuven
    kyuven
    ✭✭
    At the same time a PVE-er will have an advantage over a devoted PVPer in one simple little way: Skill Points.
    Before I continue remember I'm talking about DEDICATED PVPer vs. DEDICATED PVEer, people who mix and match are obviously going to have a different experience.
    Most skill points are rewarded via skyshards and quests (only 50 come from leveling, and there's over 300 total last I heard) and most quests are outside the PVP area. Thus, while that VRwhatever character is level 50 with all that entails, at this time in the game he probably has fewer skill points than the lvl 32 guy running around trying to figure out what's going on.

They probably will add more straight competitive PVP once the players' habits become more apparent. Remember that even *that game that shall not be named* and *that other game* didn't have their infamous battlegrounds until a few months into the game, and their players didn't have nearly the versatility we do in this game.
  • Moobs
    Moobs
    ✭✭✭
    I've not had a problem, only level 22 now.