Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Account Suspeded For No Reason

• Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭
    crush83 wrote: »
    Do we really live in a society that now prefers guilty until proven innocent? Wow.
    Where have you been? Ever get a speeding ticket? You are guilty until proven innocent by every Judge when you try to fight against any traffic ticket.

• crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draconiuos wrote: »
    Do we really live in a society that now prefers guilty until proven innocent? Wow.
    Where have you been? Ever get a speeding ticket? You are guilty until proven innocent by every Judge when you try to fight against any traffic ticket.
    And you prefer that system?
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    And you are also brought into custody to stand trial if you are strongly suspected of something.

I would hate to be banned unfairly though, as far as that goes I'd rather they put the effort in and did it selectively, unless there is some reason it has to be done fast.
  • Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭
    Draconiuos wrote: »
    And you prefer that system?
    nope never said I did
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd actually like to know where the idea came from that Zenimax is using an automated system to ban people, because I've sure not seen any official announcement that it happens.

Just because I have moved Zenimax emails to my spam folder because every time I report a gold seller or bot, I get a canned, automated respose does not mean they have absolutely nobody swinging the banhammer and it's automated.

Well, let's hope the police in any country don't go around arresting innocent people and throwing them into jail until enough evidence can be fabricated/gathered to prove them guilty, eh?
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    While there may be some innocents caught in the sweep. I've seen a lot of people justify doing things because they can. Even when it is mentioned something might be an exploit. So long story short there may not be as many innocents out there as are claiming shining purity.
  • crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hate to say it, but there are still at least 6 botters standing around dungeon bosses...so this ban wave doesn't seem to be too effective.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭

The US is pretty much the only country that operates that way. The rest of the world uses a guilty until proven innocent method.

• Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    They will be spending as much effort in the end because every person will appeal and they will investigate each of them, whether they were justly banned or not.

Assuming people have really been banned unfairly, they should undo those as fast as possible for sure and apologize with compensation, or the affected will just be turned off pretty hard if they are not already. Give them a free skill point and a title or something ("Vindicated" or "Falsely Accused").
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every one who gets banned is falsely accused. So *shrugs*
  • Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭
    They will be spending as much effort in the end because every person will appeal and they will investigate each of them, whether they were justly banned or not.

Assuming people have really been banned unfairly, they should undo those as fast as possible for sure and apologize with compensation, or the affected will just be turned off pretty hard if they are not already. Give them a free skill point and a title or something ("Vindicated" or "Falsely Accused").

Why should players that haven't been banned, be put at a disadvantage, because someone was innocent of what got them banned? It isn't Zenimax that told people to dupe items and sell them to cause innocent people to get banned. At most Zenimax should give those that were innocent of their ban game time equal to the length of the ban.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is hard to take the word of people who say they are banned, With how many no clip, exploits are being abused in this game. I'm glad to see some one is getting banned at least.
This discussion has been closed.