Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Account Suspeded For No Reason

Kyotee0071
Kyotee0071
✭✭✭
Just a heads up guys. It seems ESO is rolling out the ban hammer today. My account was just suspended and I have absolutely no Idea why. No email or reason given, just suspended.

Be careful mailing large amounts of items to your guild, logging in and out between alts, etc.

There's a thread going here :

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/suspended-from-esos-offical-forums-anyone-else-for-no-reason/

and here

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/i-think-i-just-got-hacked/

Of other people getting banned by the automated system for no reasons.

I've been playing MMORPGS for 15 years straight. I have never once been banned from any game, or Forum. I have never even been reprimanded by any sort of GM before for a thing.

Yet here I sit Banned.

I was logged in and suddenly my game got choppy and crashed to desktop. We all know how bad the banking is in this game, account shared, limited inventory slots, super expensive to upgrade the slots.

I have 4 characters I play - and - 4 alts for storage. Each alt holds a special type of item. One for ores and jutes, one for traited gear to either use or research later, one for food, and one for hemmings, and such. I had been logging in and out A lot to move gear around as I was just about to get my chef going, and all my characters had random bits of provisioning mats on them.

So logging in and out moving gear to the right character, ores to the right character, etc might of triggered the ban automatically..I'm not sure. If it did the system definitely needs work. I mean my characters have 60 slots and I can easily fill those up. So at times I might have to log in and move 10 items to the bank to free up 10 slots for gear for that character to hold. Then back into another character to grab those 10 items, and you know the game.

I have to spend about an hour of my time a night to sort gear through alts. I haven't really started crafting yet. I have been saving up my mats to start the grind for clothing, blacksmithing and cooking.

Anyhow I have an appeal in for the ban. Hopefully it gets resolved. I have never said a derogatory thing in zone chat, never harassed anyone, and try and be helpful when I can. If you look at my post here, I'm also a huge defender/supporter of this great game.

If I have to put up with being randomly banned for no justified reason and with no explanation in an email and such, I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to be a defender and supporter.

Regards,

Kyo
I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this sounds scary if true.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you were truly suspended in error, just appeal the ban.

However, after a number of years of seeing these threads in WoW, I'm used to the aggrieved party usually knowing exactly what they did. And bans/suspensions are almost never automatically triggered by anything.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    It's appealed and like I said if you happen to click on the 2 links I supplied you will find there are a lot of folks getting banned it seems by some automated system.

My guess is it's auto banning quite a few innocent people that will have their accounts restored. My point is that automated ban system definitely needs major work if it is banning innocent parties...Like myself and I'd venture to say many of the folks at Tamrielfoundry.com
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aren't most of the guys over at TamrielFoundry.com power gamers who have been doing their best to break the system and get rich quick? I'm basing this purely on the singular example of the guy who was farming wolves, making 20k/hr.
    Edited by crush83 on April 18, 2014 9:31PM
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I'm aware of. There are power gamers there for sure, but also a lot of old timers like myself that go there for class build info. It's great for that..Lots of great class builds there.

• crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well this sounds like a real bummer. I hope they resolve it quickly. Sadly, it'll probably take them the whole weekend to finish investigating and unban your account, and then they won't even bother to reimburse you with anything.

It's interesting that you can access the forums. Didn't you mention on that other site that you were banned from the forums?
    Edited by crush83 on April 18, 2014 9:39PM
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    But since it seems that you feel I might be guilty of something..let me just share a few things..

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-customer-support

So many post from people being banned, and I would venture to say many innocent victims.

My post here was to give new players a heads up. Seems you can easily be banned in this game for now. Hopefully they change that as well.

Also I had not even heard about the duping bug until this morning when folks were complaining about the downtime.

Seems you need to have access to a guild bank for that..I've never once used my guild's bank, and not even sure if I have access to it.

• crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap. That's tons and tons and tons of players. This seems out of hand. I'm actually scared to login tonight now.
  • Dunhilda
    Dunhilda
    ✭✭✭
    I'm logging out, sorry when someone is waving a gun about I don't like being in the same area of that

And being it's a ban wave that ZoS is clearly unable to control I'm going to grab my surf board.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    crush83 wrote: »
    Well this sounds like a real bummer. I hope they resolve it quickly. Sadly, it'll probably take them the whole weekend to finish investigating and unban your account, and then they won't even bother to reimburse you with anything.

It's interesting that you can access the forums. Didn't you mention on that other site that you were banned from the forums?

I assumed I was banned from the forum here as well since my account was banned. I was shocked to see I could still post.

• crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is madness. I've been looking forward to playing some TESO all week long, and now that I have a chance, it looks like I'll get banned for doing so...
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭

However, after a number of years of seeing these threads in WoW, I'm used to the aggrieved party usually knowing exactly what they did. And bans/suspensions are almost never automatically triggered by anything.

You know, I can never help but think this myself when I see posts like the OP's. There is/was a bannable skill point exploit during beta, and I'm sure there are many more types of exploits still in-game, ESO being so new. The banhammer also comes swinging onto those who buy gold online. Maybe the OP was spamming his guild or spamming his wares so constantly that a bunch of people /reported him and then he got banned, but he'd have to be pretty obnoxious in the chat for that to happen; it's doubtful.

Myself, I log in and out like crazy, sometimes all night long (I have four crafters and don't belong to any of Zenimax's favored children, the Big Megaguilds, so I have no guild storage whatsoever and have to pack-mule all my crafting mats amongst my alts). I have yet to be banned for this, so I think his excuse is nonsense, honestly.

Edited by Thesiren on April 18, 2014 9:53PM
  • crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you didn't go look at the Customer Support forum, you should go take a look. There are literally thousands of players crying about bans, and most of them sound like they didn't do anything wrong.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    @Thesiren‌

Personally I could care less what you think. As I have said I have been playing MMO's for 15 years and never been banned, not even from a forum.

So as long as you know I won't lose sleep tonight worrying about what you think of me, all will be fine.

And when ESO comes out with a stickied post apologizing for all the unworthy bans to innocent people caught by the automated system...I hope you enjoy chewing on your words.

Have a great weekend,

Kyo

• Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭

Yea this happen anytime big exploits are fixed and mass bans are handed out.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    If you didn't go look at the Customer Support forum, you should go take a look. There are literally thousands of players crying about bans, and most of them sound like they didn't do anything wrong.

Hey there are a lot of folks quick to judge. Let him/her live in their world. If they get caught up in this little autoban as it's still happening as we speak, maybe it will be a lesson learned.

If you read my post here I'd hope you would get the impression that I'm not the type of person to cheat/exploit. I never have been. I always try and be helpful. I can sometimes get a little silly with my sense of humor (when I get sleepy Lol), but one thing I am not is a cheater in game, or in real life.

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out the WoW forums after any given banwave.

I'm not saying that the OP definitely wasn't a glitch in the system. But believe me, everyone always sounds like they didn't do anything wrong on the forums.
    ----
    Murray?
  • crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a few friends now who are telling me they too are banned now. I mean, I want to believe they did nothing wrong. Some of them were like level 17-18...
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭

No there aren't. There isn't "literally" ONE thousand posts, let alone thousands of players complaining over there. It's only 3-4 pages worth. Yea a lot of posts on it, but not anywhere close to as huge as you make it sound.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    It's cool crush, as massive as this is the other folks in this thread will more than likely have a loved one / good friend banned as well. This is no small ban and picking up many innocent people.

I for one know I did nothing wrong. I have 10k gold to my name and a bank full of provisioning mats, maybe 5 stacks of iron ore, and about 40 pieces of below level 10 green quest rewards and such. My highest character is level 12. A GM can look through my bank and see I haven't duped a thing as I have nothing of value Lol. I do not even know how the duping thing works.

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I admit to farming motifs from logging/in out but you never got them every time and sometimes it took hours to find one, also it has been up on Youtube since day 1, so I didn't think anyone thought it would be an exploit, has been posted since April 4th never got fixed or anything, Ive been doing it for the past 3 days. Thought if this was posted since Day 1 it would've got fixed, but I guess not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4P0W-c3--Q
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on April 18, 2014 10:24PM
  • crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shimond wrote: »

No there aren't. There isn't "literally" ONE thousand posts, let alone thousands of players complaining over there. It's only 3-4 pages worth. Yea a lot of posts on it, but not anywhere close to as huge as you make it sound.

You're right. I looked at the wrong posts numbers. There is a post mixed in the fray with 1.7k comments. Still, it's a couple hundred comments, and growing quickly.

You better just hope you don't get sucked into the ban after all the grief you are giving these people who are proclaiming innocence.
  • Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭
    What a lot of people don't realize is if you received any duped items your account was flagged for exploiting. The fact is because you are in possession of an exploited item you are considered to have full knowledge of it. There is a reason why I rarely trade or buy items from players. The fact is you might be innocent, but they just see a duped item and ban for that. Now I do believe they should send you an e-mail explaining why you were banned.

Everyone's best bet is to appeal the ban if you did nothing wrong, and make sure to report all exploiters and cheaters asap to make sure you don't end up in trouble for their bad behavior.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    Draconiuos wrote: »
    What a lot of people don't realize is if you received any duped items your account was flagged for exploiting. The fact is because you are in possession of an exploited item you are considered to have full knowledge of it. There is a reason why I rarely trade or buy items from players. The fact is you might be innocent, but they just see a duped item and ban for that. Now I do believe they should send you an e-mail explaining why you were banned.

Everyone's best bet is to appeal the ban if you did nothing wrong, and make sure to report all exploiters and cheaters asap to make sure you don't end up in trouble for their bad behavior.

Well that might very well explain some folks bans who bought a duped item with no knowledge of it being duped.

But I haven't bought a thing from anyone. I've sold a total of 2 racial motifs for 600 g each and they were both different races. ....Wait, I have bought low level gear for like 100g a few times from my guild's trade store. Could that of flagged my account?

• Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're right. I looked at the wrong posts numbers. There is a post mixed in the fray with 1.7k comments. Still, it's a couple hundred comments, and growing quickly.

You better just hope you don't get sucked into the ban after all the grief you are giving these people who are proclaiming innocence.

I just logged in fine, as have several of my friends.

I'm giving no grief, nor claiming any of the people complaining are lying. Just observing this happens in every game when they do mass bans.
  • jbaslarub17_ESO
    Meh, if you are innocent, appeal it and get it removed. I prefer this over cheaters sneaking past.
    Zin - The lonely Dragon Knight
  • Draconiuos
    Draconiuos
    ✭✭✭
    Kyotee0071 wrote: »
    Draconiuos wrote: »

Well that might very well explain some folks bans who bought a duped item with no knowledge of it being duped.

But I haven't bought a thing from anyone. I've sold a total of 2 racial motifs for 600 g each and they were both different races. ....Wait, I have bought low level gear for like 100g a few times from my guild's trade store. Could that of flagged my account?

If anyone of those items were duped yes it would flag your account. The messed up thing is some of the people that duped knew this would happen. They duped items to sell just to get innocent people in trouble.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    I can very well see why some folks are all for the ban hammer. I am 100 % again exploiting/cheating and gold selling.

I've reported up to 20 gold sellers with screenshot on any given play night while in Daggerfall. I never hesitate to report them, everyone of them. I also report every mail from them, and every random guild invite from them. Like I said, I have Zero tolerance.

But I am not naive enough (43 years of wisdom I guess) to believe that the system has flaws, and such a widespread ban did not catch many innocent bystanders.

I for one know I am not a cheater. If my account doesn't get reinstalled the world will go on. I will go on. It just upsets me to be banned when not doing one thing wrong...zich, nada, nothing.

I still believe this game is amazing. I still think it has great potential to turn into one monster of a MMORPG as it develops. I'll still recommend my friends to play it if they ask.

I just hope this system for bans get fixed. Innocent people should not get banned. Also if you are banned, you should have an immediate email explaining why it happened.

Here's to hoping it doesn't happen to your husband, wife, best friend, or awesome guildmates that you know would not exploit or cheat, and if they were like me, wouldn't even have a clue on how to go about doing it.

• crush83
    crush83
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do we really live in a society that now prefers guilty until proven innocent? Wow.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do we really live in a society that now prefers guilty until proven innocent? Wow.

Everyone's innocent on the internet.
This discussion has been closed.