Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

A "Thank you" to the Devs.

ThreePieceSuite
I'm scrolling through the forums, and I see so many people angry about so many things. I just wanted to thank the Devs of the game for making an MMO that I truly love. Yes, there are bugs. Yes, I expect them to be fixed. But, for me, the game doesn't come down to the bugs it has. It's whether or not I enjoy the time I spend in-game. I do. So, thanks again guys. I'll definitely be keeping my subscription active.
Ebonheart Pact (US)

Three-Piece Suite - Come at me if you need any bows.
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people miss the fact that the complainers love this game too. If they didn't care so much, they wouldn't be passionate enough to waste even more time lamenting the things blocking their enjoyment of the game. Sure, sometimes it's tedious (even my own well-written and thought out posts could concievably be considered unpleasant by some boors, I suppose), but there is passion and love for this game behind the complaints.
    Options
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this game. Easily the best MMO out there.
    Options
  • psychounz
    psychounz
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to make this thread but I didn't know where to put it :3

Thanks, Devs. You're all working your butts off for all of us! I'd bring you coffee if I knew where the office was XD
    Options
  • Sneakthievery
    Sneakthievery
    Soul Shriven
    Yes! Thank you for making an awesome game, keep up the awesome work, and let's work together to make a great MMO. Complaints and reports have their place, but I'm just excited to play a new game.
    Options
  • wraithguknub18_ESO
    wraithguknub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I think this has been the best launch I can remember. I think the Dev's and the entire game design crew did an outstanding job on this game.

Ive been a hardcore eq fan for ..well more years than I care to state. This is the first time Ive jumped to another game, and since I have I have left eq behind.

Id love to see a guide type program in this game like SOE has but I don't hold my breath for it.

I am happy to have this incredible game to play. I think its awesome.

Everyone please, have a great day!
    Options
  • Eisenhovver
    Eisenhovver
    ✭✭✭
    psychounz wrote: »
    I wanted to make this thread but I didn't know where to put it :3

Thanks, Devs. You're all working your butts off for all of us! I'd bring you coffee if I knew where the office was XD

ZeniMax Online Studios
    200 International Circle
    2nd Floor
    Hunt Valley, MD 21030

410.568.3200 (phone)
    410.785.1399 (fax)

Happy trails
    An intellectual is someone who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows. -Dwight D. Eisenhower
    Options
  • ThreePieceSuite
    I didn't know where to put it either. None of the categories seemed to be fitting....At least none of the categories I have permission to post in. =D
    Ebonheart Pact (US)

Options
  • MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great game with a ton of promise. It will be amazing if they listen to the right people and not the wrong ones.
    Options
  • Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    All i'm reading here is "I'm so much better than everyone else, look at me being a suck up to the devs, i scroll around and everyones complaining, look at me i'm not complaining".

come on man, the people complaining care about the game too, they just don't want to see it fail, yes there are a few annoying ones complaining about subscription fee's and maintenance, but come on most of all, everyone hates a suck up.
    Options
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing I said in another thread.

Content people don't usually speak out on forums and such.

Just like good news rarely makes it onto CNN.

If you see lots of whining, it's generally safe to assume it's the irrate, vocal few, rather than an epidemic of unhappiness. Angry people yell more.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
    Options
  • ThreePieceSuite
    I know they care to Tripp3r, and this isn't me being a "suck up to the devs." Like everyone else on these forums right now, I'm frustrated with this game in some way. I just don't want to do nothing but bash something I hope will last a long, long time.
    Ebonheart Pact (US)

Options
  • seanolan
    seanolan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rule of thumb when I was in CSR - for every complaint you recieve, there are 10 that never bothered to complain. For every compliment, there are 100.

Sadly, I think there is a higher than 10-1 ratio for complaints to compliments on here.
    Options
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    I'm loving this game. Sure it will be updated and improved but as massive as it is I'm not surprised there are some scenarios that need to be continually updated. But I can say it is the best game I've played.
    Options
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    There will always be bashers in every mmo and TESO is no exception. Having said that, I love this game and the big part is due to the fact that it's Elders Scroll game. However, I am really curious as to how Zenimax handles bugs fixes and content addition to keep this game afloat...

To date, I am not too impressed with how bug fixes are handled so far particularly on how quests get broken if too many people on them and it's too early to talk about content additions at this time...
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
    Options
  • Dayel
    Dayel
    ✭✭✭
    I am totally delighted with this game. I have been through a number of launches and this has been the very smoothest. The bugs are being fixed as fast as possible as far as I can see, and the abuses eliminated likewise. In comparison to even the original Skyrim the game problems are being resolved amazingly fast. Sure I cuss and fuss when I have to wait a day or so to finish a quest, but that is a minor thing that is completely overshadowed by the fun stuff.
    Options
  • MysticAura
    MysticAura
    ✭✭✭
    Not everyone showing appreciation for something, is a suck up. I swear, if someone says something nice, they're labelled a suck up or fan boi... so apparently we're only allowed to whine and complain

For the record, constructive, reasonable suggestions are not whining or complaining, and I wish there was more of them.
    Edited by MysticAura on April 18, 2014 3:33PM
    Options
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tripp3r wrote: »
    All i'm reading here is "I'm so much better than everyone else, look at me being a suck up to the devs, i scroll around and everyones complaining, look at me i'm not complaining".

come on man, the people complaining care about the game too, they just don't want to see it fail, yes there are a few annoying ones complaining about subscription fee's and maintenance, but come on most of all, everyone hates a suck up.

I don't think it's the OP wanting to gloat.. when all you do is read a bunch of negative crap all day that people are throwing at you, it can be disheartening and kinda make your day crap. Getting yelled at by customers all day is kinda a crap thing. The few compliments folks in customer service, or in positions where they have to deal with a ton of negativity that seems fairly constant, get can make all the difference and help to brighten someones day. Don't see why some people have such a problem with positive things.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
    Options
  • pappy_63
    pappy_63
    Soul Shriven
    at least there trying to keep up with things. /salute
    Options
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tripp3r wrote: »

To a degree, yes. If you take out the 'zomg no dueling. F2P!' and 'This isn't a WoW-killer. F2P!' or 'It's a WoW clone / Not enough of a WoW clone' and other morons of that ilk, yes... the people taking time to actually offer reasoned and thoughtful notice of issues that can diminish the enjoyment to be had do love the game and want it to succeed. But that's not the majority of threads and comments that I've seen. For every attempt by the community to point out issues there are a dozen threads about 'the bank sucks, this game is F2P in a month!'.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this game as it is, warts and all. Mostly because it's new and exciting. But also because it's similar enough to games I've enjoyed in the past, including The Game That Shall Not Be Named, and is steeped in Elder Scrolls lore without being a clone of either. There's a uniqueness to it all, combat, crafting, dungeons and the like that intriques me. I like the MMO / RPG balance the Devs have struck. It's nice to wander Tamriel with friends, even the occasional botter and 1337-speeking nose-miner.

Bugs aside, this is a fantastic game and I, for one, am looking forward to what it'll be come the First Anniversary.

Now, if they could just recover the vanity pets that got deleted 'by accident', that'd be great.

Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
    Options
  • 1nitniuq
    1nitniuq
    Thanks Developers i don't know how i would be spending my time off if it wasn't for you.
    Player name @DamnWookie add me if you wanna game
    Options
  • Sneakthievery
    Sneakthievery
    Soul Shriven
    Not to be a "suck up", but as someone who has actually worked as a mod for an online community larger than a million users, I am incredibly impressed by the response time and attention being brought to critical issues. This is a MASSIVE community of people that are (for the most part) just starting the game and figuring things out, and a group of devs and mods that are doing a spectacular job of addressing things in a timely manner. No, not everything's getting fixed -right now-, but it's always great to hear "Hey, we realize that this is a huge issue and we are figuring this out and hope to have a fix in place by _____".

I have high hopes for this game, and as much as I love the gameplay, I love the CSR response more. I didn't get my forum invite when I registered, and after sending in a ticket, I had a forum account set up for me in less than 20 minutes during maintenance. That's *** impressive to me.
    Options
  • Zanbarbone
    Zanbarbone
    ✭✭
    First off... THANK YOU DEVS!!! You are doing an AWESOME Job, Keep it UP !!!!

I too was a hard core EQ2 player until ESO came out :)
    Raided almost 3 nights a week on all the new content, I've bought monthly subs for almost 5 years now... Lost count of how many prestige houses I bought / won / earned ... I have a room full of housing leaderboard trophies... The only thing I really miss about EQ2 is the custom house building :) My Amityville house is still the best on Unrest !!

I wonder if ESO will do some kind of personal housing??? You know just to show off certain achievements / trophies :)
    Edited by Zanbarbone on April 18, 2014 3:44PM
    Promoting open mindedness, One arrow at a time.
    Options
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    Zanbarbone wrote: »
    I wonder if ESO will do some kind of personal housing??? You know just to show off certain achievements / trophies :)

I believe they(Zenimax) would implement player housing at some point, it's almost feel like it's integral to the Elder Scrolls series :)
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
    Options
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.
    I have had few issues and those I did have been minor inconveniences that I just left and tried again after the next maintenance or when zone chat said things were fixed.
    I see a lot of people complaining about this or that but to be honest I am so busy enjoying the game I don't let it bother me.
    There is so much to see and do and I am content to let these people focus on the negatives while I quietly enjoy my time with others.
    Options
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, awesome game loving all of it!
    Options
  • Saibot
    Saibot
    I am really loving ESO. It's a game for more mature players. You are going to get a lot of hate and crying early on but in the long run it will route out the kids and impatient players. Stay true to your visions and don't bend to a group of players that won't be around in a month no matter what you do. Keep up the great work!
    Options
  • Zeyta
    Zeyta
    I'm loving this game. OP, you do not sound like a "suck up" at all. So we will just continue our happy little journey in eso!
    Options
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
    Options
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's not Hello Kitty Online, but it's working for me! :wink:

P.S. Thank you Devs <3<3

Also if you want to say a thank you here - I posted the other day. They could use all the positive comments after their hard work xD

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/81955/a-thank-you-to-the-devs#latest
    Edited by Kyotee0071 on April 18, 2014 5:59PM
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

Options
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs are doing great, I'm happy with the game and mostly satisfied with their response to issues. But they really need to strengthen their forum team.

Accidentally reported my own post (why does the forum even allow that?) and got reprimanded over it with a generic reply. I doubt the moderator even looked at it or knew what they were reprimanding. Furthermore, they ignored the blatant insults of another person all throughout the thread.

That's probably the most shining example of offensive incompetence I've ever seen on a forum, and I've seen some pretty awful moderators.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
    Options