Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

maintenance on friday ?

• binksterbinks
    whatever you say sally, but if your telling me fewer play at noon than 3am on the North American megaserver, then your more _____ than you let on.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whatever you say sally, but if your telling me fewer play at noon than 3am on the North American megaserver, then your more _____ than you let on.

When do most people work?
    ----
    Murray?
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch note is pretty weak. While bank bug is needed of a fix, there is lots of broken skills, and quests that need a fast patch also.
  • Opioid
    Opioid
    ✭✭✭
    @thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    Most people are at work or school at 8am on a weekday. You should also take into consideration the people that work for Zenimax. I'm sure that they have a ton of people, likely their ENTIRE development staff, working during these maintenance windows on the bug fixes and patches to make the game better for everyone. It's rather selfish for you to expect them to all go to work at 2-3am twice a week to cater to your needs. Zenimax runs a business, they have workers that have families and other priorities outside of their jobs.

How would you feel if you were working a standard 8-5 job and your boss expected you to come in at and work from 2am-8am twice a week but keep standard working hours for the other 3 days?

It's entirely possible that once they work out all the major bugs in the game that they'll drop down to one maintenance window per week during even more off-peak hours (early in the morning) when they can devote a lower number of their staff to applying patches and fixes. Until that point, it makes sense for them to have these maintenance windows during the hours when it affects both the lowest number of players and when they have the largest proportion of their staff available.
  • binksterbinks
    On the moon in the dead of night. Why are we conversing? your some random on the vent forums. Damn maintenance, always makes me go outside....
  • dbishop
    dbishop
    ✭✭✭
    Nere, two nights a week in Asia and Australia is a loss of income that no company can afford these days. In a highly competitive marketplace failure to look after your consumer will affect your sales targets. Korea, Japan, China, etc are much larger markets than Australia but share a similar timezone.

If they can get it to Tuesdays only in a short period of time you will pacify us but twice a week without a discount and people are moving on to something else.
  • binksterbinks
    opoid are you joking? we should be considerate of the zenimax employees? We are paying them to keep this game up!! They work for us! It's the other way around bud, and more thinking like yours ends in more suck for us.
  • zydrateanatomy
    Ubiach wrote: »
    seriously guys COME ON some people have some 3 day week end sometime like the friday or mondy ! everbody know we NEVER do maintenance a friday or monday ! change this please

Sure. How dare they endeavor to fix an obviously broken game. Goodness. It's like... they want to finish the product or something.

Savages.

• binksterbinks
    Finish it. Weeks after launch. On a friday. during the day. Lul.
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    Actually... I work 12hr shifts for a 24/7 up organisation and ya I do get called in at odd times for emergencies so I understand how disruptive it is.

My thoughts were if it is the NA server then should the times not cater to those paying and playing on said server so that it not impeed their use. If that is selfish then so be it... this is not a F2P game.

I get everyone has families and all that jazz but Zeni is a 24/7 company and ya I would expect them to cater to the paying customers who are most affected by their business decisions... If their stats show less play at the times they have selected then all good no problems I get it.

Not wanting to get into a pissing match with anyone over this so I can agree to disagree with you ( I see and understand your logic... I just dont agree.)

And I agree with binks... I need to cut my lawn anyway ... awesome day and I'm inside venting on these forums... that's the real tragedy here :)
  • Opioid
    Opioid
    ✭✭✭
    @dbishop So let them move on to something else. If the maintenance window is the polarizing event that determines whether people will subscribe to a game or not, then so be it.
    But also realize that not everyone will throw a tantrum when the servers are down for maintenance. Most sensible people will see that it's down and say "Oh, the server is down for maintenance. I guess I'll go find something else to do for a few hours." then come back and start playing again when it's available.
    It's just a very small part of the player base that will have the automatic knee-jerk reaction of "ZOMG SERVER DOWN!!!! Y U DO THIS ZENIMAX?!?!?! CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION!!!"
  • that_short_guyb16_ESO
    this could have been done during the long ass maintenance 3 days ago!!! hey look! another day of no ESO for those who work evenings. and really!

Also HUGE fail doing this on good friday. this joke of a sub fee has got to go.
    Edited by that_short_guyb16_ESO on April 18, 2014 2:24PM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How dare they fix broken portions of the game! The nerve!
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this could have been done during the long ass maintenance 3 days ago!!! hey look! another day of no ESO for those who work evenings. and really!

Also HUGE fail doing this on good friday. this joke of a sub fee has got to go.

They were fixing other things during that maintenance.

Honestly people, reading. It's your friend. They announced at launch that Tuesday and Friday mornings would be regular maintenance times. If you don't work on Friday morning or live in Australia, deal with it. You're in the minority.
    ----
    Murray?
  • dbishop
    dbishop
    ✭✭✭

It's scheduled maintenance. Twice a week from now till eternity (or when they decide to change it again)

@Opioid they have moved onto something else. Here. The forums will get smacked around twice a week, Reddit and any other boards as well. Fun times indeed.

• Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭
    I feel your pain, but what they are patching was a huge bug for people. Prime time is mostly considered the majority of people after work hours after school hours. It sucks for some of us who play at odd hours, but to be honest it is smart on their move imho.

If they waited to patch the bug on a long holiday weekend more people would be affected. This would culminate in more people sending in tickets or rushing to forums…. more complaints longer wait times for ticket, more items and work to restore lost items and so on and so on. Hitting the bug now before the mad rush is good imho.

Sucks on so many levels I can't play on my day off but …meh I get it, I will get play time in at some point. I much rather have a smoother playing, less buggy, game. ( few more patches for the big ones I am betting)

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Wait till the "I pay X amount to play this game why should I have to pay for this" threads to pop up today they are always fun (sarcasm).
    Video games ......The only legal place to kill stupid people.
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbishop wrote: »

It's scheduled maintenance. Twice a week from now till eternity (or when they decide to change it again)

@Opioid they have moved onto something else. Here. The forums will get smacked around twice a week, Reddit and any other boards as well. Fun times indeed.

I know their scheduling for maintenance.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • that_short_guyb16_ESO
    its all good! the sub fee wont last.
  • OZGODUSA
    OZGODUSA
    Ubiach wrote: »
    OZGODUSA wrote: »
    They always do maintenance on Friday. Learn to read the forums. If you happen to have Friday off then bad luck for you.

i know it is a regular maintenance but it is stupid ! lot of people got off friday for 3 day week end or for special week end etc

the best day stay thuesday or wednesday

Yes well unfortunately it sucks to be you. Maybe you can try to take another day off?
  • Myrgon
    Myrgon
    So by the OP's logic...because I'm disabled and unable to work, therefor /any/ downtime is cutting into my special snowflake playing time.... Time to sharpen the pitchforks and light the torches for a good, old fashioned lynching.

Seriously kiddies. Grow up and learn a little patience.
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for bug fixes and maintenance. My main problem is trying to manage my limited inventory/bank space. I must spend an hour of my playtime everyday juggling items between alts and my bank.

I'm super happy with the game and enjoying my time. The limited bank space shared by the entire account is a hassle though, more so than the scheduled downtime. If they added something as simple as in game mail between alts, we could at least mail items to alts and leave it there for storage until needed or 30 days were up.
    Edited by Kyotee0071 on April 18, 2014 5:15PM
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch