The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Spells wont cast Sometimes!

Valentine
Valentine
Hello,
I have got this Major Issue that has gotten me killed in game every time and it's that my Character just wont cast his Spells/skills on a enemies even self casted spells wont trigger no matter how much I spam the button.
When I click to cast a spells it is showing that I am pressing that button on the screen but it just wont cast it, and the enemies can still attack me so i doubt it is lagg, my keyboard is not the problem since everything else works(map,guild tap etc..) just not the Spells. This happens at Random times and it basically forces me to do a re-log/realodui In combat.

Any1 else got this issue?

/thanks.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 1, 2023 6:31PM
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and I've heard many others with the same issue. So far, the only fix that has been spread about is quickly hitting your ESC key twice. I'm also having issues where I can't click on the locks while doing the lock picking mini game.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also posted about this, I think it's cause by the level 1 neutral mobs (spiders, rats, etc)

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/75951/random-loss-of-control#latest

My fix is to press left Alt twice to pull up whatever screen you had up last. That usually fixes it for me. It also prevents me from looting corpses sometimes.
    [DC/NA]
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this happens often enough to spellcasters & melee. It's incredibly frustrating when your input doesn't register on your character and you die so fast you have no idea what just happened.
  • GrundelWolfe
    GrundelWolfe
    ✭✭
    This happens to me as well.
  • Drakonklenok
    Drakonklenok
    ✭✭✭
    This happens to me all the time, including self heals. Less often, the animation will trigger, sometimes even on normal hits, but no effect on the mob i am in combat with.

A side note about 'critters' it would be kind of nice to remove the ability to target them when there is a hostile, or levelled, mob around it. I cannot count the amount of times I'll try to use one of the various 'gap closing' skills only to have it wasted on some stupid 1 hp critter that was obscured by the mob i was trying to hit.
  • donzeacub17_ESO
    I have a similar problem that I have managed to recreate.

The Situation: I use an ability and get 'locked' in that ability. As with all casts/actions, I am also slowed (you are suppose to be slowed during animation/cast, but not stuck in said state). Blocking, potions, map, and such still work. Zoning, Reloading UI, Relog fix (but zoning is hard, since most zoning objects cant be interacted with in locked combat state).

The Repeat: I was able to repeat this last night 5 times out of 5 tries (though it took a couple attempts to get it). For me, I was dual wielding and using the Furry skill (6 hits back to back). I was able to trigger this "bug" by getting close enough to use furry (the animation goes off) but me/mob moving away so that no damage registers. When an attack 'animated' but the target otherwise broke the valid conditions needed to use it (in my case, moved out of melee), i triggered this bug. Line of sight was the easiest way to repeat this, but distance worked too.
    NOTE: I could use Furry on a mob that moved out of range just fine, and that mob continued to take damage. I suspect my/our problem is more akin to lag (at what distance the game thinks the mob it). Kinda like Client and Server have to both agree 'that target was within range/line of sight, apply ability' or something.

Frequency: Not game crippling like other bugs, but frequency is pretty often. I'd say about once 2 hours of play. I specifically noted I played for a whole sunday w/o this bug and was happy about that (otherwise, its about twice per sit down, which is around 4 hours). Impact is increased cost to repair/soul gems/general frustration.

I couldn't move in and out fast enough, but a mob that jumped back did the trick (spam furry and get locked when they jump back at beginning of animation).

I did this on Vet2 mobs, this has been happening since 5 day early access for me. I've sent in multiple tickets, each with more and more information (no reply).

It feels/looks like my client says "He's close enough, Furry on!" but the server (and whatever latency between client and server) are like "What? Oh no you dont! He's further away. No Furry!" and stuck.

This is all just observations. None of the above is fact.
    Edited by donzeacub17_ESO on April 18, 2014 12:36PM
  • USarmydrew09
    USarmydrew09
    ✭✭✭
    Holy crap I have found another article stating how far back this issue Is going. Mine is still having the same issues today. And i've asked for years and years for help with this issue. I've changed my internet. I've even changed to the PlayStation 5 and still haven't these issues. So I know it's not in my end. And Zos Wonders why I'm so upset with them. And Practically yelling at them for not doing anything about it. All they tend to do is block me and tell me I can't be mean to them. Well, if this has happened since the beginning of the game. And I'm still having issues to this day. Then I stand by my statement saying they haven't done anything to fix this. So it's not bashing if it's true.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is now over several years old, we will be closing the thread. If you need further assistance, please go ahead and start a new thread in the General Help forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.