Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What's the going rate on raw mats?

Haltus_Kain
Haltus_Kain
✭✭✭
Hey all!

Crafting's never really been my thing, but I've been gathering mats with the intent to sell... 'cept, I have no idea what to sell them for. Without any kind of Auction House, the only way to gauge the going rate is to monitor the zone chat in cities, but waiting to find out how much to sell something for is getting kinda old kinda fast, so...

For how much gold are you selling <gatherable crafting mat>?

Things like Iron Ore, Unrefined Maple? Should they be processed into ingots/planks before selling? Do higher tiers sell for more?

Anyway, please post here what your crafting mats are selling for. If I get enough responses I'll even log them right here in the OP so that we can a good idea of how much we should be selling for.

Please also include info like "I sold it for X, but that's actually 2g per resource less than what I've seen them go for; I just wanted some quick cash to bet my horse"

Mmm, those numbers are crunchy! ^_^

Thanks all!

- Hal
Hey, YOU,
Petition to include chat bubbles to ESO - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/61316/floating-text-chat-bubble-addon/p1

/sign it^^
  • pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO
    Should they be processed into ingots/planks before selling? Do higher tiers sell for more?

No, from my experience mats sell better when they are unprocessed. This is because during processing your potential buyer can expect to extract a significant number of tempers and other special crafting ingredients.

Tier prices really depend on the average level of server population. Obviously, if there's a lot of people on low-tier areas the availability of low-tier mats will be higher and prices would go down. Right now the average level of server, I'd take a guess, is around 10-15 and so mats above tier 1 would be more expensive.

Oh, for the love of God, no!
    Edited by pavelcherepanskyrwb17_ESO on April 18, 2014 7:33AM
    "Do you want the book or not? Then go whack some people with Wabbajack!!"
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avg price for raw T1 mats (Raw Jute/ Iron Ore/ Rough Maple) is 6 gold per with stacks of 100 selling at 600. From there, I believe it goes up in increments of 1.5g per. So a stack of Raw Flax (T2 clothing mat) would sell for 750g and so on.

I have seen higher prices at times in guild stores, but they do not sell well and only to those who do not know the going rate.

EDIT: The price I posted is also the rock bottom price I have seen. Have not seen any selling for lower, though of course I've seen buyers asking for lower :P
    Edited by nudel on April 18, 2014 7:37AM
  • Haltus_Kain
    Haltus_Kain
    ✭✭✭

Oh, for the love of God, no!

Oh don't be selfish. The proposed change is to add a toggle in the settings. Players who enjoy having to completely remove their focus from the game world in order to scour a chat box will still have the option to do so.
    Hey, YOU,
    Petition to include chat bubbles to ESO - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/61316/floating-text-chat-bubble-addon/p1

/sign it^^