Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Sorc Leveling build

Danarchist
Danarchist
✭✭
Hello all,
After having previously abandoned my sorc around lvl 20 I decided to start her back up and do a respec. Originally I was following a build for dungeon healing and found that it was basically impossible to level with. There are lots of guides out there for class builds from level 50+, what I am looking for is suggestions on how to get from lvl 20 to lvl 50 without grinding my teeth to nubs.
I am playing high elf and have been mainly focused on resto staff up till now, with some destro staff use although for some reason I hated it.
Anyone have a suggestions for the noob levels? I do not pvp with this toon as I have a templar for that now ;)
Thank you
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my sorc I switch between desto and resto staff (each has a bar).
    I find that resto healing does work while leveling - just keep putting heals down, and then use the resto weapon attack to do chip away at enemies.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Danarchist
    Danarchist
    ✭✭
    That's actually how I was leveling for a long time, and after awhile it feels like chopping a tree down with a fish. I actually got to a point where I did not log the character in unless I had someone to run with, which of course left me much lower level than my friends eventually.
    I am looking for a good dps suggestion, I have checked out allot of sites but most are geared towards end game and pvp which is a loooong ways down the tunnel for me.
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If you got a resto staff, and you're a sorc, invest points into daedric summoning and keep 2 pets out to do the dps for you, the heals will keep them alive.

However, steadfast ward on resto staff which will not target them, but thats what conjured ward is for, it'll apply to all your pets and yourself, and it will stack with steadfast ward when its on you as well.
    Edited by Nasuradin_ESO on April 18, 2014 12:16AM