The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Weaponpower Question.

Zsymon
Zsymon
✭✭✭✭
My greatsword has 28 damage on it, yet my weapon power is only 27, how is that possible? I am level 7 at the moment.

The weird thing is that I did have 28 weapon power yesterday.
Edited by Zsymon on April 17, 2014 7:52PM
  • Aellikor
    Aellikor
    ✭✭
    I am not certain in your circumstance - but I suspect that like armor, damaged weapons start losing strength. A place to check first anyhow.

When armor is damaged you can see the value drop. At level 7 I would not worry about repairing, you replace stuff pretty quick at levels below 20. Or craft one to hold you over.
    Edited by Aellikor on April 17, 2014 8:00PM
    Options
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weapons don't get damaged though.
    Options
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Weapon power is a stat which boost the damage you do with any given physical weapon in your hand. The damage stat given on the weapon is specific to that weapon.
    Options
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but then why did my weapon power drop down from 28 to 27?
    Options
  • Rasgriz
    Rasgriz
    It is very likely that you changed a piece of armor that affected it in some way IE buffing weapon power directly or possibly Stamina buffs its output as it does with stamina based skills.
    Options
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible at all though for your weaponpower to be lower than your weapon damage? Isn't weapon damage a number that gets added to weapon power by default?
    Options
  • lichmeister
    lichmeister
    ✭✭✭
    one would think :) im gonna check the numbers on my lowbies now!
    Options