Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

More than one guild?

Torasi
Torasi
✭✭
I think that this subject is something that falls under the "opinionated" section of the forums. Addressing the ability in ESO to be in up to 5 guilds at once. In some ways this is a relief to those people who do not "religiously" partake in guild/clan events such as group dungeons, PvP, and Group Questing. Being able to be apart of multiple communities can be beneficial. You can lead as well as follow. Then again I have heard many complaints from Guildmasters about "unloyal" clan mates and other problems with clan hopping and siphoning resources. What do you think about this feature?
"Only the proud and mighty dare to follow the ways of Talos"
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of only being in one guild only. Not a fan of being in 5.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I welcome it. I'm a member of 5 guilds, one of which i started.

In my case, none of the guilds have any strict attendance rules, which is good.
    They all have a slightly different focus from crafting to PvP to roleplaying and i'm able to mingle with whomever i feel like at that moment.
    :)
    Edited by SirAndy on April 17, 2014 5:57PM
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game allows you to partake in up to five guilds. While I can appreciate loyalty, you as a guild leader have to realize that there is no way to know if someone is a member of multiple guilds. The game currently supports and encourages you to meet many people, and being a part of multiple guilds is a way to do that.

I think some trust and some upfront honesty is needed if you're looking for guild members and you're a hardcore PvP/PvE/RP guild who requires 100% dedication. Just tell new members, as part of the invite, that you'll need them to be extremely dedicated. I personally avoid any hardcore group as that isn't my style. I like having five guilds, some are situated in different regions of the globe so it's great I can focus on a few NA guilds during their daylight hours and the other 2/3 are "asleep". And then on the weekends when I can stay up super late I can focus with the other 2/3 guilds, which is great socializing for me.

At the end of the day though any player is in his/her right to have multiple guilds, and no guild leader can force you to only join one guild. Guild Leader's should expect incidents like this to occur and learn to deal with it.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
  • Torasi
    Torasi
    ✭✭
    I'm interested to hear what some of the more "hardcore" guilders have to say on the subject.
    "Only the proud and mighty dare to follow the ways of Talos"