Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

how does mob ownership work?

Svann
Svann
✭✭✭
I thought that if you did damage to a mob you got loot, but thats not always the case it seems. On the named mob in a dungeon if there are enough bots around it I cant seem to get kill credit. I hit it 3 times with my most damaging instant cast nuke but I still dont get the loot. Very frustrating. Is this a bug or is there something about loot rights that Im not understanding? I would think If I had time to cast 3 times I would do enough to get something, right?
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    Its level dependent and random numbers dependent. Some bosses have dropped a few gold, some have dropped several items and gold and a few have had nothing.
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    I assume it's a bug as I've had it happen to me on several occasions. When the boss spawns sometimes I get in a couple hits before the swarm of players kills the boss and I don't get a drop (but when he spawns back, same thing, except this time I get a drop). Some times I'll hit a boss once and still be able to loot though.
  • Jynai
    Jynai
    I always thought that when that happened, the mob just didn't drop anything, because when I repeated it and got the same couple of abilities off, I was able to loot it.
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Most times I get loot most kills but last night I found I could not get any loot at all ever. Tried like 10 times. And I know Im not overleveled for it.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me a few times.

Got the dungeon completion but no loot for me. It irritates me far more than it should.

As do public dungeons come to think of it. I've killed the same bosses several times but still haven't got credit for the kill.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Had this happen as well. Dungeon boss wouldn't drop anything. Very unsatisfying experience.

After their boss loot timer update goes live, maybe we can find out if this is because of the bots killing it too fast, or inane loot tables.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 17, 2014 4:06PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An restoration staff and the area effect heal over time work well, if boss managed to do any damage
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Cheru'bael
    Perhaps in the case of bot-hordes, its lag that causes you not to get loot/credit? The server recognizes the boss as dead before your client ever actually causes damage, even though on your screen it appears that you beat the boss senseless.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheru'bael wrote: »
    Perhaps in the case of bot-hordes, its lag that causes you not to get loot/credit? The server recognizes the boss as dead before your client ever actually causes damage, even though on your screen it appears that you beat the boss senseless.

I have a feeling it's _something_ related to the bots. If the boss dropped nothing, they wouldn't be there.

I can't imagine they built the game with 40 people attacking the same enemy simultaneously in mind, the split second it enters the game world.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Aellikor
    Aellikor
    ✭✭
    Just make it so anytime a boss is insta-gibbed they release a AOE explosion causing death, triple damage to all gear inventory and equipped, and permanently reskinning bots with neon pink skin. The sound effect could be something like "Dum dum dummm BOTTERSKABOOM!"

At the end of each week all Neon pink skinned characters are magically (logged on or no) rounded up, and roped together in towns across Tamriel. Legitimate players watch Daedric anchors suck them into the void, disintegrating their player accounts as they go.
  • Knovah
    Knovah
    ✭✭✭
    Aellikor wrote: »
    Just make it so anytime a boss is insta-gibbed they release a AOE explosion causing death, triple damage to all gear inventory and equipped, and permanently reskinning bots with neon pink skin. The sound effect could be something like "Dum dum dummm BOTTERSKABOOM!"

At the end of each week all Neon pink skinned characters are magically (logged on or no) rounded up, and roped together in towns across Tamriel. Legitimate players watch Daedric anchors suck them into the void, disintegrating their player accounts as they go.

LOL yes yes and more yes

I try to finish up the dungeon to get completion but at least 14, that I could count not stacked on top each other ,bots all random letters not even names would kill it before I could even get a swing in..... Frustrated

Came back that evening to try and finish it ( roughly 9 hours till I logged in again to try) and they were still there.

Video games ......The only legal place to kill stupid people.
  • Moonchilde
    Moonchilde
    ✭✭✭
    Knovah wrote: »
    Aellikor wrote: »

LOL yes yes and more yes

I try to finish up the dungeon to get completion but at least 14, that I could count not stacked on top each other ,bots all random letters not even names would kill it before I could even get a swing in..... Frustrated

Came back that evening to try and finish it ( roughly 9 hours till I logged in again to try) and they were still there.
    Those are gold sellers farming the game content you are paying for, and not allowing you to enjoy it. I've seen them let boss corpses pile up, intentionally not looting them, which forces the boss to stop spawning. This is to force you to go away so they can continue to own this part of the game and keep you from 'their' money-making operation. Its intolerable, but you can't report them fast enough, they come back with more farm bots immediately.