Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How do you remove snares, healing debuffs and sorcerers' curses?

Cagro
Cagro
✭✭✭
How do you remove snares, healing debuffs and sorcerers' curses? Is purge and/or templar's cleansing the only way to remove them?
  • Galilelo
    Galilelo
    Good question. There is so many snares/stun in this game and can't see nothing to remove them beside templar's skills. In pve no problem, but in pvp, even more if you play melee and are not a Templar, for sure you're always stun, snare...
    Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers.
    Voltaire
  • Jynai
    Jynai
    I know the Nightblade's Dark Cloak can be morphed to remove snares and such, don't remember the exact details.

Follow this link, its to the ESOhead calculator, you can check out all the skills there.
    http://esohead.com/calculator/skills#cckz9c85qD7zzzdm847zzxLCe
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    I read that you can remove stuns by pressing right and left mouse and then you are immune for 8 seconds. If this is true, I do not know why people need immovable (heavy armor active). Snares I do not know how to remove. I had not encounter them yet but I want to get ready when I get to level 10 and able to PVP.
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    I think Nightblade's dark cloak only removes DOTs and not conditions in general but again this is what I read from others.
    Edited by Cagro on April 17, 2014 1:01PM
  • Jynai
    Jynai
    Cagro wrote: »
    I think Nightblade's dark cloak only removes DOTs and not conditions in general but again this is what I read from others.

It removes other effects once morphed.

• Chiefwilliams
    Chiefwilliams
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you can break free of cc using both mouse buttons at same time but it cost like half your stamina pool. So if you have room in your template for the heavy armor skill some might prefer to use that. It doesn't get rid of dots or conditions tho
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Goldov
    Goldov
    ✭✭
    Some abilities can be broken out of by using you stamina (usually root, knockdown and stun) but others like the debuffs are magic in nature and would need to be cleansed using either the templar or resto staff abilities. To break out of the physical effects it's default click both mouse buttons (left and right) or the command button on macs (iirc). You can do this as many times as your stamina allows it.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snares cannot be CC broken. That works for Knock Downs, Knock Backs, Stuns, ect. Doesn't work for Immobilize either.

Snares need to be purified.

I don't think Daedric Curse can be removed....why would you be able to? Its a damage skill. Would kinda ruin the ability if you could remove it. Try blocking though. ;)
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the info.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Support skill line from Cyrodiil actually has an option for purifying too.